5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

ramfan

Reaction score
Week19 133 days and counting truck is somewhere between Detroit and south jersey. Was suppose to be at a rail yard in pa. On the 24th . Haven't hear anything from dealer called yesterday was to call me back in 10 mins still waiting . Can't be good . Thinking of ordering a 2020 now might get that before my 2019

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are any of your trucks headed for DeMontrond in Conroe? I'm having a hard time just getting them to call me back.

Yes, mine is. Truck has taken so long to get built, I'm now on my third sales rep. During rep #3, I was calling and speaking with the sales manager. Not sure if they are having troubles other than normal rep turnover or not. Cooper is the rep I'll be taking delivery with.

Dads Ram

Reaction score
I believe @Edwards went through Demontrond in Conroe. I went with Finnegan in Rosenberg. Have had the same sales rep for years.

Paco TX

Reaction score
Yes, mine is. Truck has taken so long to get built, I'm now on my third sales rep. During rep #3, I was calling and speaking with the sales manager. Not sure if they are having troubles other than normal rep turnover or not. Cooper is the rep I'll be taking delivery with.
Just curious. I'm on my 2nd rep. So far, nobody has ever called to update me, as they promised. I have had to go see them to get any information. Was told it was D1 almost a month ago. Last contact was 2 weeks ago. Still in D1.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just curious. I'm on my 2nd rep. So far, nobody has ever called to update me, as they promised. I have had to go see them to get any information. Was told it was D1 almost a month ago. Last contact was 2 weeks ago. Still in D1.

Same for me. They didn't call unless there was concrete movement of the order. D1 is not. Once I went into production they called. Then again with KZ, and again with shipment.
Of course, I always knew ahead of time due to tracking.

1Raider

Reaction score
Yea I'm on my 2nd Sales Manager now myself.
Hopefully mine will get picked up soon to make its final leg of the trip.
Kinda glad I don't have it yet as its been raining here and having to move trailers and haul some equipment threw the mud that i'm glad I don't have to use the new truck for at the moment.. Lol

Last edited:

Paco TX

Reaction score
Same for me. They didn't call unless there was concrete movement of the order. D1 is not. Once I went into production they called. Then again with KZ, and again with shipment.
Of course, I always knew ahead of time due to tracking.
So, you ordered on 5/9 and are taking delivery this week, right?
I ordered on 5/15 so hopefully I shouldn't be too far behind you, but I'm not tracking. I like surprises.

Phiefer

Reaction score
So my truck is prepped and ready for pick up and I called incentives to see if I could get my $500 bonus cash coupon reissued ( expired 8/31, I ordered on 7/23). The guy on the phone was a bit jerk-ish about it and said they don’t re-issue. I have seen some on this forum who have gotten it reissued.

Anyone else have this experience? I feel it is the least they can do since I am buying a $70k+ vehicle from them. This is a little frustrating.
My dealer gave me the impression I can bring in my coupons/bonus cash and they have a way to process them.
My truck has completed its rail ride and now waits the final truck ride to my dealer.
I should know in 7 days how all the promises will translate at purchase time.
It's been a long wait since my May order was placed. I plan to buy the black truck and let my silver Limited go to dealer.
I will keep the group updated on how well the cash bonuses extend for me.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
20180925_213539.jpg 20180925_213604.jpg

Spotted in the wild. Still taped up and wrapped in plastic like I asked them to do. Sitting away from the fray. Looks like Rambox doors are both sitting a little high. The bed cover isn't seated at the rear as reported here. Everything else looks square and tight.

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Since I requested "don't touch, don't wash", I got the chance to inspect the exterior as shipped. The body panels are reasonably aligned although the seams aren't perfect. As long as it isn't obvious and nothing rubs, that's fine. The doors are aligned well. The tailgate is offset 1/16" to the right and the right tail lamp assembly isn't flush to the body.

I'll request that the rambox lid heights and right tail lamp are adjusted.

This truck has a very smooth paint job. It's as if it was buffed out. I found evidence of buffing compund in the seams but couldn't find any signs of repair. There is hardly any peel texture on the truck and reflections of street lights where like looking at a mirror. My Jeep had a medium peel and reflections appeared a little distorted. Anyone else notice this?

I'm critiquing the truck pretty hard. Overall, it's very nice on the exterior. I am NOT complaining!

Users who are viewing this thread