5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamBox Dividers - a better option!

NHREBEL2

Reaction score
Invitations to test our prototype will be going out. The cost to test will be $45.00 plus shipping and handling. The rules will be outlined on the Product Page that will be given once an invitation is accepted. Cheapest shipping option is about 12 dollars. We will be sending out about 4 different types of prototype dividers but the tester will not know which one they will be receiving. Basically to agree to be a tester we will ask you to keep interactions between us confidential and through instant message and or email, but everything will be outlined in the product page. I humbly thank you all for your support and look forward to making these dividers for you!

These are just too cool. I would take them in a heartbeat.

Jonwoods81

Reaction score
Great work Capt. If you still have room I would love to be on board. I'm in York County just below you.

DaMythDaLegend

Reaction score
yeah for sure. definitely interested in ordering a pair. so whenever ya'll finish up :)

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All you folks that completed your orders by 1400 today Eastern time have shipped!!!

Thank you! Got them in the mail yesterday. They fit in just fine and I'm going to be working some gear/accessories around them today so I'll provide more feedback.

For some reason I thought I'd be getting dividers for both sides but it was just for one side. No worries.

One question for any future mods. What is the best way to modify these for those of us without your equipment? A jigsaw? Dremel? Or do you have something better to recommend? I'm still working on a RamBox holster idea since Ram didn't make one for the DT.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Another idea/option, especially since some of you are utilizing this for fishing gear. These dividers are utilized in the center portition of the rambox, leaving the wells to the left and right open. I know they are deep and not wide which makes them odd to utilize. @Capt Joe would it be possible and make sense to make some shallow, stackable boxes, think tackle boxes/organizers, that could be placed in those well areas. You could use those boxes for tackle or other small stuff (screws, gun cleaning accessories, etc) that could be organized and kept neatly and accessible without being lost or tossed around. Just a thought.

Capt Joe

Reaction score
Thank you! Got them in the mail yesterday. They fit in just fine and I'm going to be working some gear/accessories around them today so I'll provide more feedback.

For some reason I thought I'd be getting dividers for both sides but it was just for one side. No worries.

One question for any future mods. What is the best way to modify these for those of us without your equipment? A jigsaw? Dremel? Or do you have something better to recommend? I'm still working on a RamBox holster idea since Ram didn't make one for the DT.
Which ones did you get? ...we had them packaged in advance not to show favorites...
Yes, everybody got one set for one side. I really didn't see the need to test on both sides.
I mill them on CNC machine which is a glorified router....so a router will work, a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade will also work if you put blue painter's tape on either side of the intended cut. A scroll saw should also do....

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Which ones did you get? ...we had them packaged in advance not to show favorites...
Yes, everybody got one set for one side. I really didn't see the need to test on both sides.
I mill them on CNC machine which is a glorified router....so a router will work, a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade will also work if you put blue painter's tape on either side of the intended cut. A scroll saw should also do....

I got these:

Thanks for the info!

grinch72

Reaction score
I got these:
View attachment 22678

Thanks for the info!
Once piece of feedback based on the public picture above.... I know why you rounded the front to try and match the curve of the rambox lid, BUT, if you flip them around the cover still closes. why not leave both sides the same for uniformity?

Capt Joe

Reaction score
Once piece of feedback based on the public picture above.... I know why you rounded the front to try and match the curve of the rambox lid, BUT, if you flip them around the cover still closes. why not leave both sides the same for uniformity?
If I did that I could probably even put a bigger hole on that side. I was also thinking about opening the holes up on an angle so you could drop in a rod....I'll play with the design.

Thanks

grinch72

Reaction score
If I did that I could probably even put a bigger hole on that side. I was also thinking about opening the holes up on an angle so you could drop in a rod....I'll play with the design.

Thanks
I’d wait for all the feedback myself but with that said I have a LOT more coming. Needs to take some pics and try and draw up my thoughts. Give me a few more days and I’ll send a big email.

djwdjw

Reaction score
When it's time to upgrade...

How long is the rambox interior on a 5.7 bed? 6.4 bed?

pgienger

Reaction score
Were you planning on also making 'floor' pieces in these kits? I saw the pics where you had something on there, didn't know if that was part of the plan or not. Assuming yes, was there a reason on those that you didn't use the 'ledges' on the wheel well area?

Users who are viewing this thread