5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamBox Dividers - a better option!

Capt Joe

Reaction score
What's the reasoning for the two holes in the upper part? I thought it was for less material when creating them but since you're cutting it out of a solid piece You're not saving any material by not 3D printing more service area. So my guess was wrong. What was the reason you put the two holes on the top finger holes to pull them out easier?

Fishing rods....but I have been throwing my rags in there too.

Capt Joe

Reaction score
Any idea of estimated cost?
Not yet, we're going through a cost analysis now.
I own a company called PUCKUPS which makes Hockey Puck Cell Phone Stands

And they are floating the R and D costs for the dividers.

Last edited:

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Re: Puckups. Cool idea. Have you tried licensing it to the nhl so they can “slap” some logos on them? Also maybe consider drilling them out a bit so you can make them charging stands. Just some thoughts. Good luck with it.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Subscribing to track this awesomeness.

Is the inside of the box the same dimension as 4th gen? Really opens up your customer pool.

Rich

Reaction score
Nice job on these!

As I was reading the thread and thinking that it would be nice if you could place some spots for fishing rods as well and shotguns/rifles. :) Then I saw you thought about the fishing rods already! :)

I think with some 'pool noodles' or other rubber over those carved cutouts would protect anything expensive (like a shotgun/rifle). Please allow for a spot for some sort of a bungee cord to go over the top to allow things like your rods (or rifles/shotguns) to be snugly held down so they won't bounce around and get damaged.

IMHO no need for the RAMBOX logo, but feel free to use your own of course!

I'd like a set also if the end (shipped) cost is reasonable.

If you need a New Hampshire tester, let me know!

Nice job!

ChrisW74

Reaction score
Capt Joe,
Great job on these I would love to be a tester if you have any slots left if not I'll for sure buy a set or two.

Capt Joe

Reaction score
Subscribing to track this awesomeness.

Is the inside of the box the same dimension as 4th gen? Really opens up your customer pool.

No...5th gen is completely different.
There are also differences between the left and right sides hatches because of the electrical outlet on the driver's side

Capt Joe

Reaction score
Nice job on these!

As I was reading the thread and thinking that it would be nice if you could place some spots for fishing rods as well and shotguns/rifles. :) Then I saw you thought about the fishing rods already! :)

I think with some 'pool noodles' or other rubber over those carved cutouts would protect anything expensive (like a shotgun/rifle). Please allow for a spot for some sort of a bungee cord to go over the top to allow things like your rods (or rifles/shotguns) to be snugly held down so they won't bounce around and get damaged.

Nice job!
Although there will be rambox imprinted on the testers we will be putting our logo on the real deal. Heck we even printed a few of the testers with the words upside down...lol....ooops

Capt Joe

Reaction score
Nice job on these!

Nice job!

...my rod is rock solid....

20190415_175715.jpg 20190415_175650.jpg 20190415_175643.jpg

...see what I did there...lol

Capt Joe

Reaction score
Invitations to test our prototype will be going out. The cost to test will be $45.00 plus shipping and handling. The rules will be outlined on the Product Page that will be given once an invitation is accepted. Cheapest shipping option is about 12 dollars. We will be sending out about 4 different types of prototype dividers but the tester will not know which one they will be receiving. Basically to agree to be a tester we will ask you to keep interactions between us confidential and through instant message and or email, but everything will be outlined in the product page. I humbly thank you all for your support and look forward to making these dividers for you!

Users who are viewing this thread