5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Quality

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had no paint flaws with my '14 or '16 F150. The 2019 Ram 1500 paint looked fantastic, even the door jambs and under hood areas, I was impressed!

Years ago, I had owned an '06 Ram 2500 and an '04 Durango. The only issues I had with those were broken exhaust manifold bolts at around the 70,000 mile mark.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Another vehicle, oh boy. My wish...Ramcharger, my hope 2 door and 4 door full size suv, my thought, news about the Wagoneer.

Suspense is growing about all the coming product...and what about this 7.0l hemi.

Oh yeah and to stay on topic...my 99 should hit 200k this weekend early next week.
Have no complaints about Ram trucks.

D

Deleted member103

redriderbob said:
Warren will still be building Rams after the DS leaves... they will be building all the HDs there starting in the 2021 model year. Alongside the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer and another vehicle!
Yes but AFTER spending millions on refurbishing it too !

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
Something else. Can't talk about it just yet though.
I thought that "info" had already been disseminated on other sites !

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
I thought that "info" had already been disseminated on other sites !
Nobody has posted a thing about it anywhere as far as I've seen.
1f609.png
I think there have been some guesses, but they're wrong.
icon_lol.gif

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
Nobody has posted a thing about it anywhere as far as I've seen.
1f609.png
I think there have been some guesses, but they're wrong.
icon_lol.gif
Wink wink back . . . guess I'll just be the "silent partner" then !
1f914.png

1f609.png

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
<woltlab-quote data-link="https://5thgenrams.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/108-ram-quality/&postID=1709#post1709" data-author="Jared Balfour">Something else. Can't talk about it just yet though.
</woltlab-quote>Come on spill the beans...you have me on the edge of my seat
1f44d.png

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
devildodge said:
Another vehicle, oh boy. My wish...Ramcharger, my hope 2 door and 4 door full size suv, my thought, news about the Wagoneer.

Suspense is growing about all the coming product...and what about this 7.0l hemi.

Oh yeah and to stay on topic...my 99 should hit 200k this weekend early next week.
Have no complaints about Ram trucks.
Ok, so after a few more Posts off topic, I went back and realized I completely messed up my post. The Wagoneer was listed in the original post, I meant to say news about a "2000" Ram based SUV. But as I rethink things, I was expecting for Ram to step out from Jeep and offer a 2500/3500 style SUV. So still pondering.

And on topic I was off on my estimate. Pulling into work today, 199960, so only 40 more miles. At the end of the day the V10 and 5-spd will row through 200000 miles.

The truck has spent its life surviving Pennsylvania winters. The rear leaf spring shakles were replaced (as in another thread, people saying how the rear splash guards protect their truck, I disagree) as they both rusted and couldn't be easily seen with the splash guards. The exhaust has been changed a few times (personal preference mainly) and all the brake lines have been replaced. Other than universals, oxygen sensors, spark plugs, and battery the only things else not original are tie rod ends, radiator, alternator, and radiator fan. And I replaced the original mirrors with the new style towing mirrors...excellent upgrade.
Can't complain about the paint either, as it still shines and no peel, but Rust is a cancer that just spreads under the surface...thanks mainly to fender flares and Pennsylvania road crews!
And of course tires, man do I hate buying tires, but it is almost time again!!
I have owned too many Dodge trucks, Powerwagons, Ramcharger, Trailduster, and PowerRams to list.
But, our 2003 2500 is very similar story and the same with our 1999 Ram Van. Very reliable and other than routine maintenance and rust...no issues.
2013 Ram with Cummins has been flawless also, but it is a different beast. The truck is great, but dealing with dealers and parts availability has soured my exprience...but the 4th Gen trucks are the best ever, anxiously awaiting a 5th Gen in the family.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
Something else. Can't talk about it just yet though.
Is it *not* a mid-size/Dakota?
Perhaps with an off-road Rebel/TRX like option to compete with the competition’s mid size bumpy jumpers?
That is one other area where Ram is not in the lead, mid-size trucks. Not sure if the business case justifies it though. If I had to wager a guess I would say there is a market for them and I say that for two somewhat obvious reasons:
1 - competitors are already going after that market
2 - there are a lot of younger truck aficionados that can’t afford to drop $50,000 on a new truck

But, we’ll see. I’m still giddy about the reality of a production TRX in the pipeline, but that’s another topic for another forum thread.

As far as Warren - DS trucks, Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer. Jeep pickup is already dlated for Toledo if I recall, so that’s not it.
Viper truck? No, that made no sense.

Got me. What are we about three to six months away from a more informative leak on the new kid on the block?

Come to think of it, that was off topic as well. Anyway, if Ram takes the lead on quality, frankly, I don’t care where else they lead. I would rather wait for a solid reliable product than get a bunch of newfangled doohickeys that don’t work anyway. So I’m glad Ram is taking their time. The DT interiors and exteriors were worth the wait. Very aesthetic vehicles these new ones, they are.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
VoiceOfReason said:
Is it *not* a mid-size/Dakota?
Perhaps with an off-road Rebel/TRX like option to compete with the competition’s mid size bumpy jumpers?
That is one other area where Ram is not in the lead, mid-size trucks. Not sure if the business case justifies it though. If I had to wager a guess I would say there is a market for them and I say that for two somewhat obvious reasons:
1 - competitors are already going after that market
2 - there are a lot of younger truck aficionados that can’t afford to drop $50,000 on a new truck

But, we’ll see. I’m still giddy about the reality of a production TRX in the pipeline, but that’s another topic for another forum thread.

As far as Warren - DS trucks, Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer. Jeep pickup is already dlated for Toledo if I recall, so that’s not it.
Viper truck? No, that made no sense.

Got me. What are we about three to six months away from a more informative leak on the new kid on the block?

Come to think of it, that was off topic as well. Anyway, if Ram takes the lead on quality, frankly, I don’t care where else they lead. I would rather wait for a solid reliable product than get a bunch of newfangled doohickeys that don’t work anyway. So I’m glad Ram is taking their time. The DT interiors and exteriors were worth the wait. Very aesthetic vehicles these new ones, they are.
Not mid size, but thats all I can say for now.
1f604.png

D

Deleted member103

HEY DON'T LOOK AT ME -- I TOO, HAVE SIGNED A "NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT" !
icon_rolleyes.gif

1f644.png

1f914.png

cwelect1

Reaction score
When will you guys be able to disclose information? Or is that covered under non-discloser too?
263a.png

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
Not mid size, but thats all I can say for now.
1f604.png
OK I'll give my guesses, based on scraps from Allpar

Warren will have new HD and Grand Wagoneer/Wagoneer, we already know this.

My best guess for the other vehicle, is a new Durango/Grand Cherokee (or a Chrysler branded new Aspen) that are now body on frame (leaving unibody mercedes platform) and they'll be similar/share components with the shorter wheelbase upcoming Wagoneer.

There would be potential for Ramcharger or longer wheelbase/Grand Wagoneer sized Ram SUV , but it is always easier to continue with a current model name (Durango/grand cherokee) then it is to release a "new" model (Ramcharger). Either way though, at least an FCA brand will be getting a larger, full sized BOF SUV.

The new "dakota" that Ram gets will be based heavily on the new Jeep pickup/Scrambler I'm guessing, so makes more since for thatto be produced at that facility instead of Warren but IDK.

The other option for warren could be a heavier commercia HD i guess...Class 7-8 or up, but that would be much less likely. They do need to make a new 4500/5500 somewhere too though, which i assume will be Warren.

D

Deleted member103

cwelect1 said:
When will you guys be able to disclose information? Or is that covered under non-discloser too?
263a.png
1f606.png
Ha, I'm not even "at liberty" to say . . . . yup blame it on that "NON DISCLOSURE" Crap (can I say crap on BASIC internet ?
263a.png
2639.png
1f609.png
?

Rustydodge

Reaction score
I also forgot the regular cab DT, which will also be at Warren and makes sense to be there if they use that same shorter wheelbase for one of the SUVs

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got caught up on a wish, a dream and didn't see the tunnel for the light.

News has been real slow everywhere, something has got to give...patiently waiting, anxiously!
1f628.png

imadogman

Reaction score
<woltlab-quote data-link="https://5thgenrams.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/108-ram-quality/&postID=1807#post1807" data-author="Rustydodge">
</woltlab-quote><woltlab-quote data-link="https://5thgenrams.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/108-ram-quality/&postID=1812#post1812" data-author="LOU.2">
1f606.png
Ha, I'm not even "at liberty" to say . . . . yup blame it on that "NON DISCLOSURE" Crap (can I say crap on BASIC internet ?
263a.png
2639.png
1f609.png
?
</woltlab-quote>Is this a hint? did you mean... "at liberty" or at "Jeep Liberty" LOL

D

Deleted member103

THIS is too much fun . . . it's like trying to unscramble the scrambled eggs and put THAT back in the shells, AND then back in the box !
Such dedication and loyalty for the brand (I too love) is heartwarming . . . really ! Oh, as you know the "JL" (jeep liberty?) is/was and had become the "European Nameplate" for the . . . in USA (currently). The "writings" on the wall, just gotta scrap off about 4 layers (or is it 3) paint to see it Clearly ! Do we have a Detective "in the house" ? Where's MONK when we need him ? In the mean time perhaps some paint thinner and soft rags . . . ?
1f606.png

1f62d.png

263a.png

Users who are viewing this thread