Ram Quality

Joined
Jan 22, 2018
Messages
34
Likes
9
Points
8
#1
Looking for feedback from Ram owners. I've never owned a truck nor a vehicle made by Chrysler. The new 1500 Limited is a truck that will fit my lifestyle well from many angles and in doing research on the Ram, I read about the high level of owner satisfaction etc. On the flip side, I also read about the comments on the quality of the product and I'm sure many of these come from people that have never owned a ram or from customers that had negative experiences. Usually in life, people only comment when they have something to complain about and very few when they are happy.

I would like to ask for your opinions on this subject as most are ram owners already or had experience with the brand.

Thank you in advance
 

18ADR

New Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2018
Messages
7
Likes
1
Points
0
#2
I have a 2003 Quad Cab 4x4 w/6'4" box, owned since new. Has been a great truck. Is great off road on mountain logging roads w/ a limited slip and 3.92 rear. Only normal maintenance.Probably should keep driving it but the '19's look great and I want a crew cab and 6'4" box.
 

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
2,080
Likes
1,430
Points
113
Location
Vancouver B.C
Website
5thgenrams.com
#3
I've got no complaints about my 2016. It has had a few issues that were minor but all were taken care of, I'm also extremely picky. When I bought it I also looked at F150s, some of the reasons I bought the Ram instead were better ride quality, much better fit and finish especially on the interior, and higher quality interior materials. This was comparing a loaded Sport to a Lariat Sport. I've definitely got no concerns about buying another Ram again. I've got friends with F150's and Silverados and they've had issues too, all of them more major than anything I've dealt with on my truck.
 

Biga

Active Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2018
Messages
224
Likes
100
Points
43
#4
I've been very happy with my 2014 which is now coming up on 50K. I've had 0 issues with it and it still feels solid and still looks new inside and out. I've had issues with other brands with seats wearing and interior rattles but not with the Ram so far.
 

ericd

Active Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2018
Messages
110
Likes
44
Points
28
#5
I'm on my second fully loaded Longhorn (2011 & 2014). I absolutely love them. I'm not brand loyal so I go with the nicest vehicle that's out at the time. I haven't had a single issue with either and im coming up on 60k miles. It's sturdy, powerful, and rides like a Cadillac. Any person that looks at the truck, especially the interior, comments on it being one of the nicest vehicles they've ever seen. But at the end of the day sometimes it's just dumb luck. I've had two Longhorns with no issues where as someone else with the same exact truck could have nothing but problems.
 
Joined
Mar 8, 2018
Messages
55
Likes
2
Points
8
#7
I have owned porches, benz, bmw, range rover, and ram. My truck was always my favorite and when I did have a issue FCA stepped up and took care of it. I have a fully loaded 19 limited on the way and I cant wait.
 
Joined
Feb 5, 2018
Messages
47
Likes
0
Points
0
#8
I think with any new purchase you run the risk of having those horror stories that you see online sometimes. But for the majority of people in any brand these vehicles run really well. This will be my fifth ram 1500 going back to 2009 and I can say personally I have not had any issues. The fit and finish on the ram brand is beyond any competitor especially with the pricing for those amenities.

I think if you are already looking at the 19 ram because of the styling and new features at this point you’re basically trying to talk yourself out of it. I think you would be very happy with what ram trucks have to offer .

Again, from my experience on owning five of these without any major issues I would say ram has come along way with their reliability and on par with any other American truck brand.
 
D

Deleted member 85

Guest
#9
anthonysnell said:
On the flip side, I also read about the comments on the quality of the product and I'm sure many of these come from people that have never owned a ram or from customers that had negative experiences.
Isn't that the truth?

In my opinion, every manufacturer is building a great truck (excluding Nissan). The only thing Ram has as a nagging issue is exhaust manifolds. That's really it. Our competitor's have their demons, and many are worse than ours.
 
D

Deleted member103

Guest
#10
anthonysnell said:
Looking for feedback from Ram owners. I've never owned a truck nor a vehicle made by Chrysler. The new 1500 Limited is a truck that will fit my lifestyle well from many angles and in doing research on the Ram, I read about the high level of owner satisfaction etc. On the flip side, I also read about the comments on the quality of the product and I'm sure many of these come from people that have never owned a ram or from customers that had negative experiences. Usually in life, people only comment when they have something to complain about and very few when they are happy.

I would like to ask for your opinions on this subject as most are ram owners already or had experience with the brand.

Thank you in advance
Just from reading your comment it's clear to me you got "savvy" and with IT (usually) comes a good deal of "Common Sense" (sometimes not so common for some) ! I've owned a RAM (Dodge 2003 to be precise) for 13 years - the SLT Regular-Cab Std-Bed 4X2 w / the then newly revised Hemi & 5 spd auto ! GREAT truck, not Good, but Great ! I never had any difficulties or issues or problems; just one Recall on the boot for the steering shaft at the U joint . . . it was totally replaced with a bootless new system / no charge back in 2009 ! Never knew there was a problem cause never had any leaking or steering issues . Sure J.D. Power just came out with - as usual - a scathing negative "customer feedback" report on RAM Quality - at the bottom of the list ! ! ! Consumer Reports usually does not have wonderful thoughts for FCA US products either; well sometimes they do, and sometimes J.D. does as well ! IF Your Looking to Find Negativity Your Gonna Find IT Everywhere You Look - comes with the territory . . . just ask the bloggers & forums at ALL the other Manufacturers & 3rd party affiliates - Ford, G.M., Toyota, GMC . . . . doesn't matter ! Even my 2016 Jeep G.C. has gotten its share of "crap" ! I love my Jeep too even though I don't care much for the Start / Stop thing - but it can be "worked around" with patience, ha ha . I miss my former truck and will be selling or trading my Jeep for the New DT 1500 - as a Quad V6 Std. Bed Big Horn w / 4X4 & Level 1 + a few other low cost "Niceties" so I can call it my "Home Away from Home" ! Just don't get yourself a Lemon and I'm sure you'll be very happy and excited with your "new toy !" And that's my 2 cents worth - good luck, and wise shopping .
 

ShawnP

New Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
4
Likes
0
Points
0
#11
4 Rams all Warren built.

Never ONE issue and in fact my 94 saved my life.

October 7th, 1994 I was stupid and drank too much. Hit a telephone pole at 60mph and not a scratch.

Swear by Rams.
 

Tom1942

New Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2018
Messages
2
Likes
0
Points
0
#12
Three Ram Hemis...2003, 2007 and 2012. The 2003 and the 2012 were assembled at the Warren plant and had terrible paint jobs. The 2007 Ram came from the now closed St. Louis plant had only one paint flaw. All of the Rams were special orders and the dealer gave me all kinds of crap about my paint complaints. The first two Rams had a about 100,000 miles on them when I traded. My 2012 Ram has 115,000 miles on it. No major mechanical problems on any of them. I am holding off on buying a fourth Ram. I plan on checking the fit and finish on the 2019's coming out of the updated Sterling plant before I commit to a 2019.
 

redriderbob

Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Joined
Feb 5, 2018
Messages
422
Likes
94
Points
28
Website
www.realfastfotography.com
#13
ShawnP said:
4 Rams all Warren built.

Never ONE issue and in fact my 94 saved my life.

October 7th, 1994 I was stupid and drank too much. Hit a telephone pole at 60mph and not a scratch.

Swear by Rams.
Warren will still be building Rams after the DS leaves... they will be building all the HDs there starting in the 2021 model year. Alongside the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer and another vehicle!
 

devildodge

Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Joined
Feb 24, 2018
Messages
1,838
Likes
1,025
Points
113
Age
41
Location
Central Pennsylvania
#17
I love when he throws those curve balls and when you think you have paid all the attention you find out in some post he cryptically spilt the beans and the fun begins all over.

@VoiceOfReason this is so much fun, but man do I (although I don't want to lose time with my family ) wish it was 2021 already lol
 

bravo1

New Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2018
Messages
18
Likes
6
Points
3
Location
SoCal
#18
Nice video,a whole lot different than Warren built them.Never had a single issue with my 2013 Ram 1500.I did notice the tire blocker design has changed so this will help with partial side impact trying to drive the tire into the cab fire wall.
 

VectorZ

Active Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2018
Messages
176
Likes
105
Points
43
#19
Tom1942 said:
Three Ram Hemis...2003, 2007 and 2012. The 2003 and the 2012 were assembled at the Warren plant and had terrible paint jobs. The 2007 Ram came from the now closed St. Louis plant had only one paint flaw. All of the Rams were special orders and the dealer gave me all kinds of crap about my paint complaints. The first two Rams had a about 100,000 miles on them when I traded. My 2012 Ram has 115,000 miles on it. No major mechanical problems on any of them. I am holding off on buying a fourth Ram. I plan on checking the fit and finish on the 2019's coming out of the updated Sterling plant before I commit to a 2019.
My 2014 Laramie had multiple paint flaws, but so does my 2016 F-150 Platinum...
 

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Joined
Jan 20, 2018
Messages
2,080
Likes
1,430
Points
113
Location
Vancouver B.C
Website
5thgenrams.com
#20
My 2016 has a few paint flaws as well, but remember Warren's paint shop is one of the oldest in the business. Sterling Heights has been majorly renovated and is quite a modern plant, the paint on the 19s that I've seen so far has been quite good.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

Site Vendors

Top