5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

Grimgreg

Reaction score
Ordered 12/21/21

2022 1500 Big Horn with Back Country package
Granite/black
5.7 etorque
33g tank
Wheel liners
Trailer brake
Dual pane roof
Remote start
Level 2/B
12" screen

Hoping to see it the end of next week.

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score
Ordered 12/21/21

Granite/black
5.7 etorque
33g tank
Wheel liners
Trailer brake
Dual pane roof
Remote start
Level 2/B
12" screen

Curious, what did you get for estimated delivery dates? Mine keep moving so I'm curious how you know its coming next week.

nickmv

Reaction score
Ordered 12/21/21

Granite/black
5.7 etorque
33g tank
Wheel liners
Trailer brake
Dual pane roof
Remote start
Level 2/B
12" screen

Curious how you managed dual pane roof (sunroof?) with that config? I built one on the website and there are zero roof options to config on a Big Horn, not even in the accessory/upgrade packages.

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
Curious how you managed dual pane roof (sunroof?) with that config? I built one on the website and there are zero roof options to config on a Big Horn, not even in the accessory/upgrade packages.
I have got somewhat of a similar truck to Grimgreg that I ordered on 1/25 with the dual-pane sunroof.

Grimgreg

Reaction score
Dealer gave me the delivery estimate.
Dual pane was a build option in December, just looked and still there between speakers and floor mats.

mtnbikej

Reaction score
Well.....after getting screwed by my dealer on my Ram order.....

I placed a new order today.

2022 Rebel
White TwoTone
3.0 L EcoDiesel
Rebel 12 Group
Rebel Level 2 Group
Night Edition
33 Gallon Tank
Electronic Transfer Case
Wheelhouse Liners

And now the wait begins.......again.

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score

2022 Rebel
White TwoTone
3.0 L EcoDiesel
Rebel 12 Group
Rebel Level 2 Group
Night Edition
33 Gallon Tank
Electronic Transfer Case
Wheelhouse Liners

Maybe I missed it. What happened to your order with the deliver date of 2/15?

truckless

Reaction score

2022 Rebel
White TwoTone
3.0 L EcoDiesel
Rebel 12 Group
Rebel Level 2 Group
Night Edition
33 Gallon Tank
Electronic Transfer Case
Wheelhouse Liners

Well....look at it this way: you could have ordered and nearly received 3 of your trucks in the time it took me to merely get a VIN. :sick:

So while whatever happened truly sucks....it could always be worse ;)

What happened btw?

Last edited:

mtnbikej

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it. What happened to your order with the deliver date of 2/15?

Well....look at it this way: you could have ordered and nearly received 3 of your trucks in the time it took me to merely get a VIN. :sick:

So while whatever happened truly sucks....it could always be worse ;)

What happened btw?

I ordered a Rebel back in December. Was given a Price Order Confirmation. When I asked about the actual price, I was told all you gotta do is wait. A week later I was contacted and told I need to place a deposit. I paid a deposit and saw that my POC had gone up due to Ram raising prices. Again I asked about the actual price, again I was told won't know til it shows up. 9 weeks go by waiting on my order.

With the VIN I was able to track where my truck was in the process. Each time I asked the dealer about the status, I was given very vague answers, fortunately I already had the answers. This should have been a red flag about how customer service was going to go.

6 days before the truck shows up, the dealer finally wants to discuss pricing. Sticker Price + $10,000 Market Adjustment + $4500 Dealer "Premium Package" in addition to normal taxes and fees. At no time was I notified of the $15000 over sticker, nor was any of that disclosed.

I was told that the price would probably come down when the vehicle was delivered. The vehicle showed up and I was asked to come in and finalize the deal. When I arrived the vehicle hadn't been through the Pre Delivery Inspection, nor had any of the Dealer's "Premium Package" been installed. We finally started talking numbers, and they wouldn't budge from Sticker + $4500 Premium Package, although they lowered the Market Adjustment to $5000.

They wanted me to pay over MSRP/Sticker. Sorry, but depreciation on vehicles happens and I refuse to be upside down before I even sign the contract. They were all too happy to refund my deposit and I walked. When I told them what the dealer down the street was offering, they said "no dealer is going to make that deal. They will do just like we did and add $10,000 to the price at the end". Pretty much admitting to the shady sales tactics. Plus now they have a vehicle on the lot that they would not have been able to get by ordering through proper channels. They have been reported to Ram for deceptive sales practices.

truckless

Reaction score
I ordered a Rebel back in December. Was given a Price Order Confirmation. When I asked about the actual price, I was told all you gotta do is wait. A week later I was contacted and told I need to place a deposit. I paid a deposit and saw that my POC had gone up due to Ram raising prices. Again I asked about the actual price, again I was told won't know til it shows up. 9 weeks go by waiting on my order.

With the VIN I was able to track where my truck was in the process. Each time I asked the dealer about the status, I was given very vague answers, fortunately I already had the answers. This should have been a red flag about how customer service was going to go.

6 days before the truck shows up, the dealer finally wants to discuss pricing. Sticker Price + $10,000 Market Adjustment + $4500 Dealer "Premium Package" in addition to normal taxes and fees. At no time was I notified of the $15000 over sticker, nor was any of that disclosed.

I was told that the price would probably come down when the vehicle was delivered. The vehicle showed up and I was asked to come in and finalize the deal. When I arrived the vehicle hadn't been through the Pre Delivery Inspection, nor had any of the Dealer's "Premium Package" been installed. We finally started talking numbers, and they wouldn't budge from Sticker + $4500 Premium Package, although they lowered the Market Adjustment to $5000.

They wanted me to pay over MSRP/Sticker. Sorry, but depreciation on vehicles happens and I refuse to be upside down before I even sign the contract. They were all too happy to refund my deposit and I walked. When I told them what the dealer down the street was offering, they said "no dealer is going to make that deal. They will do just like we did and add $10,000 to the price at the end". Pretty much admitting to the shady sales tactics. Plus now they have a vehicle on the lot that they would not have been able to get by ordering through proper channels. They have been reported to Ram for deceptive sales practices.

That is complete ********. Those are the places that deserve to go under.

trino36

Reaction score
I have been working with a dealership to order a 2022 Laramie night. They have been great but said that with the Laramie, the sport hood is mandatory and not able to be replaced by the standard hood on the night edition. Apparently the sport hood delete is no longer an option for higher trims. Has anyone been able to order a laramie or limited night edition with the standard hood? I know a lot of people like the sport hood but I prefer the clean lines.
What color? Just picked up my 22 bighorn night ed. in white tonight. Id love to workout a trade

doug55579

Reaction score

Out them! Tell everyone here the dealer so folks can stay away.

eaglemike

Reaction score
Huntington Beach CDJR in Southern California
I bought a truck there in 2014. They weren't as bad right then as supply was a lot better. They still did everything they could to add stuff on. They are truly masters at that. The truck was decent, but it still left me with no desire to shop there ever again.
I think your decision to walk was a good one. Better luck with the next one!
I ordered from Aaron at Mark Dodge a few days ago. His price was so good, that even if I pay to have it delivered or fly out and drive back it will be well worth it. I'm in SoCal. Dealing with a professional instead of someone you know is trying to screw you over - what a difference that makes.

nickmv

Reaction score
Dealer gave me the delivery estimate.
Dual pane was a build option in December, just looked and still there between speakers and floor mats.
Well this is dumb -- no sunroof is available on quad cab models. Bummer.

bigramguy

Reaction score

I looked up my truck build and searched for local inventory for ****s and giggles and found an exact match in Carlsbad, CA. I asked for an OTD price and they hit me with a $2k markup above MSRP (Ram website showed $69k) then an additional $3k more in useless "dealer add-ons". Not nearly as bad as yours but seems to be a southern california thing lol

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 22
  • image0.png
    image0.png
    334.2 KB · Views: 22

mtnbikej

Reaction score
I looked up my truck build and searched for local inventory for ****s and giggles and found an exact match in Carlsbad, CA. I asked for an OTD price and they hit me with a $2k markup above MSRP (Ram website showed $69k) then an additional $3k more in useless "dealer add-ons". Not nearly as bad as yours but seems to be a southern california thing lol

Yup......but there are dealers around that don't play that game.

If you are in Orange County, Tuttle Click in Irvine honored the FCA Affiliates from Tread Lightly and got me 1% below invoice + no markups or add ons.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
First post here. Just ordered 2/10/2022. Got my VIN today and registered on the tracking link. Big thanks to the guys keeping track of the orders.

2022 Rebel 4x4
Billet Silver Two-Tone
5.7L HEMI (no eTorque)
Rebel Level 2
Night Edition
Comfort & Convenience
9 Amplified Speakers w/ Subwoofer
Electric Shift On Demand Transfer Case
Trailer Brake Control
Mopar Spray In Bedliner
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection

Wanted one final V8 before they become extinct. This is my first Ram (although we have his and hers Grand Cherokees). I’ve had 3 Fords, 2 Toyotas, and a Chevy. I’ve completed all the bases now. Hoping this one is a home run. Looking forward to my new retirement toy.

F35Driver

Reaction score
Looking for advice. I'm currently stationed overseas and I'll be ordering my retirement gift as I wrap up 20 years in the Marine Corps. I've never owned a truck but I've been reading the blogs and lots of reviews for a while. My research has led me to this:

Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7 V8 Hemi (not Etorque), 4x4, Crew Cab 5'7" box, Laramie Level 1 equipment group, 33 gal file tank, bed utility group, chrome appearance group, off-road group, trailer tow group, Ram box, standard 8.4" display (no nav), bucket seats and tow assist. Prices out around $65k (plus some other fees).

Curious what you all have (or don't have) on your trucks, and what you would (or would not) want on your truck if you were to build a new truck. I was torn on the Ecodiesel, 12" display, Level 2 group and the safety group. Thanks and I look forward to joining the Ram family (and retirement)!

Users who are viewing this thread