5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

jgmac98

Reaction score
Ended up cancelling my order from Oct 5... still no VIN and still in BG status. Talking to the dealership there is a huge list of options that are not available to order that will go into January (Rambox, bed liner, GT package, sunroof, power running boards, normal running boards MFT, Sport hood on anything NOT a Rebel are just the short list). Not sure if this is a Canada only thing or not. So the likelyhood of my order being done before the summer was about zero, again, this could just be a Canadian problem.

Luckly I found a truck similar to what I was ordered near me at a different dealership, different color and no rambox, but it does have everything else i was looking for. Price was no where near the deal I would get if I kept my order, but the dealership did make up some of the difference with a deal on parts and some services. end of day, i'm happy I have a truck in hand that is close to what I was ordering.

Derek916

Reaction score
Does anyone know if upgrading the wheels from 18 inches to 20 inches changed the vehicle height? Would like to keep it at same height or close or it if possible for garage purposes

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if upgrading the wheels from 18 inches to 20 inches changed the vehicle height? Would like to keep it at same height or close or it if possible for garage purposes
It depends on your tire diameter, not your wheel diameter.

Derek916

Reaction score
It depends on your tire diameter, not your wheel diameter.
I’m considering reordering to get the SW Laramie package. The default tire is 275/65R18 new tire is 275/55R20

so if I read it correctly it shouldn’t? Just want to confirm

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m considering reordering to get the SW Laramie package. The default tire is 275/65R18 new tire is 275/55R20

so if I read it correctly it shouldn’t? Just want to confirm
Those are both basically 32” tires, so no difference to ride height.

PaulDaher

Reaction score
I’m ordering a 2022 1500 eco-diesel limited longhorn, billet silver with all the options. The only option unavailable is a sunroof/moonroof? Anyone else have this issue? I’ve never owned a truck without one. I feel like I would miss it.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m ordering a 2022 1500 eco-diesel limited longhorn, billet silver with all the options. The only option unavailable is a sunroof/moonroof? Anyone else have this issue? I’ve never owned a truck without one. I feel like I would miss it.
Are you looking at the website, or sitting with a dealer? The website is a mess, and is not necessarily reflective of what you can/can't order right now.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It isn't included with a package, is it? No idea what the Limited Longhorn has available, but my Laramie's Southwest Edition included the panoramic sunroof, which I don't think showed on my first POC.

PaulDaher

Reaction score
It isn't included with a package, is it? No idea what the Limited Longhorn has available, but my Laramie's Southwest Edition included the panoramic sunroof, which I don't think showed on my first POC.
It is suppose to but apparently the factory isn’t putting them in the 2022’s? Some people have them I know that. I’m wondering if they stopped for some reason? Supply, safety?

natedogg23b

Reaction score
I ordered my 22 Limited on Oct 18th. Called the fleet number today and they said it was in “BG material restriction”. Anyone have more information on this beyond the obvious ”material restriction”. They couldn’t give me anymore details than that. This process sucks. I would never have someone build a house for me and be this in the dark on what’s actually going on and when I can move in.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It is suppose to but apparently the factory isn’t putting them in the 2022’s? Some people have them I know that. I’m wondering if they stopped for some reason? Supply, safety?
This is a new (and probably temporary) restriction. I've had 3 trucks built - all 2022's - and all 3 of them have the pano sunroof. And in today's 246 build sheets, 52 of them have panoramic sunroofs.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered my 22 Limited on Oct 18th. Called the fleet number today and they said it was in “BG material restriction”. Anyone have more information on this beyond the obvious ”material restriction”. They couldn’t give me anymore details than that. This process sucks. I would never have someone build a house for me and be this in the dark on what’s actually going on and when I can move in.
There are two flavors of BG status.
BG passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL edit ok parts unavailable

Can't say I've heard of anyone hitting BGL status before (which is what I assume yours is). Must be an unexpected shortage of something that they don't expect to see anytime soon. Unfortunately, I believe it means you'll have to intervene and possibly revise your order - otherwise it may end up sitting in BG status forever. Ask me how I know...

PaulDaher

Reaction score
This is a new (and probably temporary) restriction. I've had 3 trucks built - all 2022's - and all 3 of them have the pano sunroof. And in today's 246 build sheets, 52 of them have panoramic sunroofs.
Got good news today. Sunroof is available for install as of today! Super stoked. Signing the papers tomorrow, fingers crossed!

2022 Billet Silver 1500 limited longhorn eco-diesel with 22” stock rims + all the options & 2” leveling kit with air suspension and 35’s. Duratracs 35x12.5. Super stocked.

4 months cannot come fast enough!

Last edited:

franc944

Reaction score
So I just ordered a 2022 Big Horn Back County and am as bummed as everyone else about no rambox being available. I am paying invoice minus rebates. Trading in my 19 1500 Limited Kentucky Derby truck.

I plan on getting the Northeast regional $1,250, $750 for financing with Ally, $500 Military, $700 Lease Conquest, $500 FFA and mailer rebate. Am I missing any rebates? is there still anything from Navy Federal, Cars Direct or Sam's club? Still no affiliate on the DT correct?

Also FU question, I ordered with Safety Group, can I do the add the switch and sales code and get adaptive cruise control hack that all the TRX guys do?

Last edited:

PaulDaher

Reaction score
So I just ordered a 2022 Big Horn Back County and am as bummed as everyone else about no rambox being available. I am paying invoice minus rebates. Trading in my 19 1500 Limited Kentucky Derby truck.

I plan on getting the Northeast regional $1,250, $750 for financing with Ally, $500 Military, $700 Lease Conquest, $500 FFA and mailer rebate. Am I missing any rebates? is there still anything from Navy Federal, Cars Direct or Sam's club? Still no affiliate on the DT correct?

Also FU question, I ordered with Safety Group, can I do the add the switch and sales code and get adaptive cruise control hack that all the TRX guys do?
I just ordered a new 2022 ran and got the round box. However either the adaptive cruise control or surround cameras were not available it did not specify.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just ordered a new 2022 ran and got the round box. However either the adaptive cruise control or surround cameras were not available it did not specify.
(Raising my hand)
What’s a round box?

Curley

Reaction score
Howdy...here's my new-order contribution. My current order is as follows:
  • 2022 1500 Big Horn, Quad Cab/6'-4" box, EcoDiesel
  • Granite Crystal exterior, black/gray interior color
  • 4 x 4, Off-Road Group, 3.21 axle ratio, rear wheelhouse liners
  • Level A Equipment Group, remote start
  • Trailer Brake Controller, Trailer-tow mirrors
I initially ordered the pickup as a Tradesman to similar specs in late August, through the FCA fleet program (I have access to big price breaks through my work). Ram took no action on it for 3 months, so at my salesman's suggestion, I changed the order to the Big Horn on 11/23/21, and had a VIN the next day. Still in D status as far as I know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online