5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

Kramersp

Reaction score
2019REBEL said:
I heard August time frame for the Pentastar ETorque so thinking Hemi same time. They just started the RamBoxes for ordering so production ramping up on those.
Well, 5.7L with e torque was available for ordering late april/early may along with the rambox. As far as I know, you still cant order the 3.6L.

iKGraves

Reaction score
ryelinek said:
Congrats!

How do you like the 2019 in Granite Crystal? That’s the color I ordered my Limited that I am waiting on. I just haven’t seen a 2019 in person in that color yet but ordered it expecting it to be the same as the 2018 models. Is it the same shade and darkness that the 2018’s had with that paint?
I love it in person, the picture doesn’t even do it justice. I have to wait until Tuesday due to the bank I finance with being closed for the holiday, but I went today to check it out and man am I in love. The 12” screen and Harmon Kardon sound system is worth every penny.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
iKGraves said:
2019 Laramie with level 2 and 12” screen, 20” wheels, bucket seats, advanced safety, but unfortunately no 360 camera since I ordered trailer tow group before they decided to tell everyone it wasn’t possible to have both. Ordered 3/12 and delivered 5/25 to the dealer. Should be picking it up next week if all goes well! 10 weeks of waiting is crazy for sure, but I’m beyond ready to have it in the garage! The photos were sent to me from my dealer while I was at work.
Did they give you a discount of some sort due to the 360° camera issue? Or offer a speedy reorder?

ryelinek

Reaction score
iKGraves said:
I love it in person, the picture doesn’t even do it justice. I have to wait until Tuesday due to the bank I finance with being closed for the holiday, but I went today to check it out and man am I in love. The 12” screen and Harmon Kardon sound system is worth every penny.
That is awesome and thanks for the solid feedback!!! It seems like every 2019 I’ve seen in a picture for Granite Crystal all has a different shade. I just have yet to see a 2019 myself in the color. Ugh mine needs to get here faster now! Super jealous and I’m sure you are going to have an anxious few days until Tuesday.

iKGraves

Reaction score
firecadet613 said:
Did they give you a discount of some sort due to the 360° camera issue? Or offer a speedy reorder?
I’m going to bring that up again on Tuesday because they didn’t know anything about it when I mentioned it this morning. They had another Laramie just like mine come in at the same time in Flame Red and it has the camera due to having the normal mirrors, and after seeing that in person as well it was tempting to look at it if I decide the 360 camera is enough of a deal breaker for me.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
<woltlab-quote data-link="https://5thgenrams.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/3-2019-ram1500-orders-tell-us-about-yours/&postID=5619#post5619" data-author="Kramersp">Well, 5.7L with e torque was available for ordering late april/early may along with the rambox. As far as I know, you still cant order the 3.6L.
</woltlab-quote>That's the thing you can order it all you want but has anyone got one yet...NO
icon_lol.gif

The HEMI will launch first and the 3.6L V6 will join it a little later. Of course they don't give any dates.

Kramersp

Reaction score
2019REBEL said:
That's the thing you can order it all you want but has anyone got one yet...NO
icon_lol.gif

The HEMI will launch first and the 3.6L V6 will join it a little later. Of course they don't give any dates.
Yea. My opinion on FCA's operations and manufacturing organization is pretty low. It like Ford talking up their EcoBoost in 2010 and then saying "no you cant have that till later......and we dont knkw when later is" and than saying "no you cant have the e locker till later......and we dont know when that is". And then coming out with all aluminum in 2015 and saying "you can have the alu.inum truck with the 5.0L only. And we dont know when you can have other engines". It's just a frickin joke. If Ram didnt have such a game changing interior and ride, I'd already have another F150 with a 3.5L and a 10 speed in my driveway.

Adventurer42

Reaction score
And now the wait begins....

Ordered my first Ram yesterday 5/27:

2019 1500 Limited Crew Cab 4x4
Customer Preferred Package 25M
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT Engine
8-Spd Auto 8HP75 Trans
Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat
Black Premium Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
Bed Utility Group
RamBox Cargo Management System
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
Limited Level 1 Equipment Group
3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
Trailer Brake Control

Oh and by the way, the prices have gone up for many of the options....

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Kramersp said:
Well, 5.7L with e torque was available for ordering late april/early may along with the rambox. As far as I know, you still cant order the 3.6L.
I was just thinking about this. I'm not going to get my hopes up for a mid-summer delivery, but it does seem like it would be relatively easy to add eTorque to the existing Hemi production line. Mechanically, it's just a bolt-on (albeit with a battery pack, some additional wiring, and a different computer program). Do we know if a different crank pulley is used?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Adventurer42 said:

8-Spd Auto 8HP75 Trans
Bed Utility Group
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
Trailer Brake Control

Interested to see how your production dates go since you only have RamBox as a late item whereas I'm waiting on the eTorque/RamBox combo. Will be good to have a Rambox only date. Now if we can find someone who ordered eTorque without RamBox to get a date on that alone.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Adventurer42 said:

8-Spd Auto 8HP75 Trans
Bed Utility Group
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
Trailer Brake Control

Congrats on the order.

RAM 4times

Reaction score
Adventurer42 said:

8-Spd Auto 8HP75 Trans
Bed Utility Group
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
Trailer Brake Control

congrats. it will get here before you know it. i have about 4 more weeks to go for my limited. it will be well worth the wait.

ryelinek

Reaction score
RAM 4times said:
congrats. it will get here before you know it. i have about 4 more weeks to go for my limited. it will be well worth the wait.
When about a did you order yours and when did you get out of D1 or are you still there?

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am seeing the first Ivory paint job coming in transit to a local dealer near me on the Ram website. It is my first semi-sighting! Anyone see an Ivory on a dealer lot yet?

Progress
263a.png

Kramersp

Reaction score
So I finally got a case number as to why my truck regressed from a D1 to D to C and the reply was, "you ordered your truck on 5/7 and therefore does not merit escalation". What the heck! I just want to know about the regression and I cant get an actual answer from ANYONE.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Kramersp said:
So I finally got a case number as to why my truck regressed from a D1 to D to C and the reply was, "you ordered your truck on 5/7 and therefore does not merit escalation". What the heck! I just want to know about the regression and I cant get an actual answer from ANYONE.
Not surprised. I'm in shock you went to D1 that quickly...had to be an error with the system. From my understanding (and it's not much!) - D1 is akin to Ford's "In Order Processing". They have the parts and are getting your order scheduled and into the build que.

ryelinek

Reaction score
Slim said:
I am seeing the first Ivory paint job coming in transit to a local dealer near me on the Ram website. It is my first semi-sighting! Anyone see an Ivory on a dealer lot yet?

Progress
263a.png
This one appeared recently near me on a Longhorn.

https://www.lustinedodgejeep.net/new/Ram/2019-Ram-1500-Woodbridge-6081133a0a0e0aea57b2e621289cd7a1.htm

Now this one I saw the other day which to me has me really confused. I chose a Limited over Longhorn for a few different reasons. Painted bumpers were one of the reasons yet there is this. How is this an option on a Longhorn?

https://www.holzhauers.com/new/Ram/2019-Ram-1500-nashville-il-aae78aa30a0e0ae77ebbcd2adff42c94.htm

ryelinek

Reaction score
firecadet613 said:
Not surprised. I'm in shock you went to D1 that quickly...had to be an error with the system. From my understanding (and it's not much!) - D1 is akin to Ford's "In Order Processing". They have the parts and are getting your order scheduled and into the build line que. Why they won't release any more info than that is beyond me...they have to know.
Probably because he’s an etorque order and they aren’t ready to run those down the factory line at all and it was a mistake. Probably never should have made it into D1 to begin with is what makes the most sense to me.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
ryelinek said:
This one appeared recently near me on a Longhorn.

https://www.lustinedodgejeep.net/new/Ram/2019-Ram-1500-Woodbridge-6081133a0a0e0aea57b2e621289cd7a1.htm

Now this one I saw the other day which to me has me really confused. I chose a Limited over Longhorn for a few different reasons. Painted bumpers were one of the reasons yet there is this. How is this an option on a Longhorn?

https://www.holzhauers.com/new/Ram/2019-Ram-1500-nashville-il-aae78aa30a0e0ae77ebbcd2adff42c94.htm
Thats interesting as I've thought a Longhorn with the painted bumpers would be the perfect truck but I haven't seen them as being available unless you get the 2 tone. I wonder if it was a special order, or if the build and price is wrong and painted bumpers are available.

ryelinek

Reaction score
Finally got to see a 2019 Limited in person today in Granite Crystal with the 22” wheels and it looked awesome. Especially with the painted bumper. One of the dealers local had one and I was able to drive directly into their truck lot to track it down.

I’m definitely going to do a clear bra on the bumper and do a ceramic coating on the entire car within a week of getting it.

Ugh I need my truck to hit the factory line ASAP!!!! Hah

Users who are viewing this thread