5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
DocBones said:
Latest word I’ve gotten from a chrysler (FCA) regional rep was that they are getting desperate on the shipping and if you’re within a few hundred miles of the plant, it’s coming down on a car hauler truck, no rail. They can’t get nearly enough rail cars in an expedient fashion. Unfortunately, I’m on the west coast and mine isn’t going to make it in time so I have to cancel my order.
2639.png
luckily a dealer that’s near where I’m going has one inbound, exact same but different color (my number two choice) and the sunroof (which I didn’t really care about) and Ian going to give it to me $6500 below MSRP. So I’ll get my limited in 3 weeks.
Has yours been built yet? I'm not surprised there are delays....if they have 10-15,000 trucks in lots around the plant - that is lot of vehicle added to what's built/shipped daily! Plenty of auto plants in the greater Detroit area....a few with upwards of 1,000 vehicles a day being built.

I'm about 250 miles from the plant and know it'll come via truck - same as my F150. F150's built in KC, MO come via rail here as it's a bit further away.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
DocBones said:
Latest word I’ve gotten from a chrysler (FCA) regional rep was that they are getting desperate on the shipping and if you’re within a few hundred miles of the plant, it’s coming down on a car hauler truck, no rail. They can’t get nearly enough rail cars in an expedient fashion. Unfortunately, I’m on the west coast and mine isn’t going to make it in time so I have to cancel my order.
2639.png
luckily a dealer that’s near where I’m going has one inbound, exact same but different color (my number two choice) and the sunroof (which I didn’t really care about) and Ian going to give it to me $6500 below MSRP. So I’ll get my limited in 3 weeks.
Glad that there is at least a backup solution on the way. Sucks that the original one is taking so long.

D

Deleted member103

DocBones said:
2639.png
Wow more Train tantrums . . . great ! Talk about "Crumbling Infrastructure!?". Don't get it, with this new (disaster of a) tax plan giving Wealthy Corporations, like for instance THE RAILROAD Companies, huge tax breaks, you would think they would spend some of that FREE MONEY on Improvements ! Fat chance; probably gonna go toward even greater Executive Bonuses and maybe some small pay increased for the peons ! Ah Capitalism isn't it GREAT ?
263a.png
2639.png
1f914.png
?

J

jimh4662@

Here is the location for middle US to east coast train loading facility. vehicles sit for train distribution. Look at it on map quest satellite . view.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/TDSI/@42.1691764,-83.3978989,734m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x883b451eb71045c3:0x96ff80eccf6c2511!2sTDSI!8m2!3d42.169052!4d-83.3960829!3m4!1s0x883b451eb71045c3:0x96ff80eccf6c2511!8m2!3d42.169052!4d-83.3960829

if the link don't work try TDSI New Boston, MI. I'm surprised we get the trucks at all, let alone the handling, loading and without damage. No wonder they have 20 to 30 mile on them.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
(see attachment)
Some autoracks headed westbound. Maybe they will be gathering up some of your trucks.

Attachments

• 2018-05-03 07.17.44.jpg
    2018-05-03 07.17.44.jpg
    440.7 KB · Views: 158

Kilgy5

Reaction score
That picture sums it up for me how absolutly stupid it is to be shipping trucks on trains ....what do you get 2 maybe 3 trucks on that train car? U get at least 6 on the transporting truck and theres no middle man ( the train) bc last i checked trains dont stop at dealers

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
there is 2 levels to auto racks. And the pic is deceptive. They can haul 8 to 10 trucks or suvs. There are triple level for cars and sedans.

So usually unit trains are from 100 to 150 cars. So that is 800 to 1500 trucks that could be on that train. And then they are moved to more central locations to be sent to dealers.

And right now the trucking companies are hard pressed to keep up, and the railroads are hard pressed for trackage and crews...everyone wants all kinds if things...and sometimes one truck or 10 trucks aren't worth holding up the rest of the countries supplies.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.freightwaves.com/news/freight-railroads-stb-letters%3futm_campaign=RCC&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=paid&utm_term=STBHQGov&utm_content=freightwaves&format=amp

Here is an insight into what is going on.

The search can continue from there.

Railroads and trucking companies are hurting for people and machinery.

The railroad is slow to get places cause there is so many things that have places to go.

And they aren't going to ship 8 trucks when they have room for 1500. The train will sit til they load it up. The production for 1500 trucks has been explained.

And right now railroads are low on power (locomotives) so they also have to wait for them to arrive. And sometimes as hard as it can be to realize, the truck you are waiting for and means everything to you, doesn't really hold much to the railroad that have millions of people hoping to get their thing that means everything to them.

Just some thoughts from the other side of the coin.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
and automax carriers can haul 18 to 26 trucks. So there are those also as I don't have any idea what kind they use...the other descriptions were for the ones I took a pic of

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
(see attachment)
A better pic to show the size of these things

Attachments

• Buck Loader.jpg
    Buck Loader.jpg
    825.9 KB · Views: 152
D

Deleted member103

devildodge said:
there is 2 levels to auto racks. And the pic is deceptive. They can haul 8 to 10 trucks or suvs. There are triple level for cars and sedans.

So usually unit trains are from 100 to 150 cars. So that is 800 to 1500 trucks that could be on that train. And then they are moved to more central locations to be sent to dealers.

And right now the trucking companies are hard pressed to keep up, and the railroads are hard pressed for trackage and crews...everyone wants all kinds if things...and sometimes one truck or 10 trucks aren't worth holding up the rest of the countries supplies.
YIKES, WATCH OUT FOR LOW HANGING TRESTLES & OVERPASSES ! ! !
1f628.png
1f914.png

D

Deleted member103

devildodge said:
https://www.freightwaves.com/news/freight-railroads-stb-letters%3futm_campaign=RCC&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=paid&utm_term=STBHQGov&utm_content=freightwaves&format=amp

Here is an insight into what is going on.

The search can continue from there.

Railroads and trucking companies are hurting for people and machinery.

The railroad is slow to get places cause there is so many things that have places to go.

And they aren't going to ship 8 trucks when they have room for 1500. The train will sit til they load it up. The production for 1500 trucks has been explained.

And right now railroads are low on power (locomotives) so they also have to wait for them to arrive. And sometimes as hard as it can be to realize, the truck you are waiting for and means everything to you, doesn't really hold much to the railroad that have millions of people hoping to get their thing that means everything to them.

Just some thoughts from the other side of the coin.
Hi 'dd' -- I bet you had an awesome Lionel train-set as a kid !? Still have it ? HO or the "std." size ?
263a.png
Thanks for enlightening us all on that, so often we're quick
to judge (me too) !

cjgerson

Reaction score
Placed an order yesterday for a new 2019 Limited!
Here my options:
Crystal Diamond Black.
5.7L w/ ETorque
22" Wheels
RamBox
Bed Utility Group
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
Body Color Bumper
Limited Level 1 Equipment
Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
Anti-spin differential

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
cjgerson said:
Placed an order yesterday for a new 2019 Limited!
Here my options:
Crystal Diamond Black.
5.7L w/ ETorque
22" Wheels
RamBox
Bed Utility Group
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
Body Color Bumper
Limited Level 1 Equipment
Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof
Anti-spin differential
Think you're the first one I've seen with a E-torque and rambox order since they opened it up. Congrats on the new truck!

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am very skeptical of the e-torque. Could have many issues.

J

jimh4662@

Nope, don't care for it. Plain old tried and true 5.7 Hemi got enough torque for me,
Was happy to find out it doesn't have ESS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online