5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
firecadet613 said:
2019s are ONLY built at the new Sterling Heights plant. 2018 1500s are currently being built in Warren Truck - just down the road from Sterling Heights. 2018 Heavy Duty and 2019 Heavy Dutys are being built in Mexico.
So I live 5hrs away. Hopefully I get my truck ASAP

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab

4/8 Order & VON #
4/13 D Status & VIN # - Scheduled
4/27 D1 Status - All parts Available
5/17 E Status - Frame
5/18 G Status - Trim
5/19 I Status - Unit Built, Pending Final Inspection

I am in "I" status (Final Inspection) as of today 5/19

Anyone know how long this takes?

JohnHom

Reaction score
I ordered 5/5 and was told 6-8 weeks. Currently in D1 status as of 5/18. Can’t wait to get it!

Laramie 4x4 6’4 Box
V8 Hemi
Black Appearance Package with 20” in wheels (Didn’t like the two tone of the 22”)
Laramie Level 2
Advanced Safety
Uconnect 12”
Dual-Pane Panormamic Sunroof
3.92 Ratio
Anti-Spin Differential
Protection Group
Rear Wheelhouse Liners

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab

4/8 Order & VON #
5/17 E Status - Frame
5/18 G Status - Trim
5/21 JB Status - Shipped to Body Vendor

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
devildodge said:
@alacombe is the body vendor for bedliner or something else.
I would imagine so. Im not sure what else it would be for.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, it is bedliner. Google them - pretty neat videos....Ford Kansas City body vendor is underground in a vacant mine.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
firecadet613 said:
Yep, it is bedliner. Google them - pretty neat videos....Ford Kansas City body vendor is underground in a vacant mine.
Any idea what vendor Sterling Heights plant is using and how long this takes? I would imagine is backed up right now.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab (KN567***)

4/8 Order & VON #
5/17 E Status - Frame
5/18 G Status - Trim
5/21 JB Status - Shipped to Body Vendor

5/21 I was just told now on the online chat that my vehicle is no longer in JB Status and is in another "inspection" status but they are not allowed to release the status codes anymore. What is this garbage?!?!?

Twoamen

Reaction score
Call your dealer he will have a Leg sheet status. CS gives you canned responses. Once and awhile one will cross the fence and tell you the third Letter.
KZ? When mine hit your level it moved through the transit stage. It will be inspected, sent to trucking, to New Boston yard, trained to hub, trucked to dealer. Pretty close to 3 weeks. build to dealer 8 weeks exactly.
Set back eat them TUMS, Rolaids, Zantac, Valium. Keep hounding your dealer to check the status,
What color you go with?

Twoamen

Reaction score
Oh when you readers get there truck, check the hood, and windshield frame/pillar for small scratches, It looks like when the bed liner people cover the cab to spray they drag a tarp over the vehicle . Got some small faint scratches, they can be buffed but, but dang $63k for a truck and $159 spray in bed liner, Im thinking may pay to have local Xliner or Rino do it. If it was not this scenario, then I cant figure how the scratches got there, They are sideway across hood scratches.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Twoamen said:
Call your dealer he will have a Leg sheet status. CS gives you canned responses. Once and awhile one will cross the fence and tell you the third Letter.
KZ? When mine hit your level it moved through the transit stage. It will be inspected, sent to trucking, to New Boston yard, trained to hub, trucked to dealer. Pretty close to 3 weeks. build to dealer 8 weeks exactly.
Set back eat them TUMS, Rolaids, Zantac, Valium. Keep hounding your dealer to check the status,
What color you go with?I
Thanks, I went with the black

Kramersp

Reaction score
seriously. Is there a single member of this site that has recieved a truck without issues? Flexing hood, scratches, intermittent phone charging, transmissions banging in low gears. Wow. There isnt even that many trucks on the road yet!

Twoamen

Reaction score
I just seen a VIN around the 590000. So there may be a a ton not reporting on this site.
I pretty much come to the conclusion that this is the way its become. No real quality control on anything. Just because it's a 64K truck means nothing. What is the issues is what's done about it. Very little in the our arsenal of solutions. Small scratches that can be cosmetically removed. Or dealer working them off with a power buffer. Oh and normally the warranty stuff is handled by the rookie service technician, since Mopar slow on repay and it is only a portion of cost. Hood flutter is across all makes. Now I fixed my on. If dealer would of had it who knows how it would be repaired. Its been reported that some repairs were completed but the adhesive expansion left bumps in the hood. I'm not mechanical trouble sure. But will there be Grease on the new leather from technician paints. I know it should be this way but we are few. The truck out of service at dealer, my time, etc.

Kramersp

Reaction score
Its b/s man. What's scary is if you asked the rest of the owners not on this site how many issues would turn up. You dont pay 50-60K for trash.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Amen to that last post!

Every make has issues. Ford has the frozen door latches that are issues from 2015 to trucks rolling off the line. Starting in 2017, leaks from the plastic oil pan - even after the pan has been replaced by the dealer two or three times (no issues with my plastic oil pan in 57,000 miles).

So far nothing is making me get cold feet about switching brands!

Twoamen

Reaction score
Other than my minor issues. My truck is preforming profoundly well. All the gadgets work. Drives and rides as good if not better than the one I traded w/air suspension. I'm really pleased with it. I hope your truck is in perfect condition. If it isn't I hope you keep us informed on the dealer repairs. Good luck to any other future owners.

Kramersp

Reaction score
I'm pretty safe switching brands as my trade in is paid off and I wont be upside down. So if my new Ram gives me a bunch of issues, dealer can fix them or I can trade again for another brand. I am the opposite of brand loyal. They compete for my business and I will spend money on the product that best suited my needs.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Kramersp said:
I'm pretty safe switching brands as my trade in is paid off and I wont be upside down. So if my new Ram gives me a bunch of issues, dealer can fix them or I can trade again for another brand. I am the opposite of brand loyal. They compete for my business and I will spend money on the product that best suited my needs.
Playing devils advocate here - you have a '13 F150. I've had a '14, currently drive a '16 F150 and have a '19 Ram on order.

Have you browsed the F150 forum's for the 2015+s? The small issues we've seen on Rams pale in comparison.....

Users who are viewing this thread