5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
warmachine post_id=75 time=1517199535 user_id=89 said:
Only thing I'm not really sure of is the 22s. The choices are kind of limited for a more aggressive tire. No Duratracs, Ko2s etc. I drive to Whistler a lot but don't really want to swap tires for winter.
You're local to me then lol. I've got 2 sets of wheels and tires for my truck and it drives me nuts. I would like to just get the 20's and swap my KO2's over onto them but at the same time I love the way those 22's look.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
mrmachaveli post_id=76 time=1517200748 user_id=90 said:
Am I correct than, that no one on here has been given a price? The only price I have found is for the Rebel, which is due to the Houston Auto Show having an actual window sticker in it
Thats correct no pricing has been released yet, I also just saw a picture of that Rebel at the Houston Auto Show with a 65k sticker on it. This could indicate that pricing could possibly be released tomorrow.

warmachine

Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
You're local to me then lol. I've got 2 sets of wheels and tires for my truck and it drives me nuts. I would like to just get the 20's and swap my KO2's over onto them but at the same time I love the way those 22's look.
I had a 3rd gen with 26s like 10 years ago and did the swap thing back then but I've had 6 lifted 4th gens with Toyo MTs since. Running one setup is so much easier

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It really is, my 22's are in the garage right now and I don't know if I'll even bother putting them on come spring. Might as well sell them since the 5th Gen is 6 lug anyways.

As far as pricing goes it's safe to say they won't price themselves out of the market. There's a window sticker on a Rebel at the Houston Auto Show for 65k but it's also a loaded crew cab with the Pano Roof, eTorque etc. I wouldn't expect to see incentives on them for awhile though.

warmachine

Reaction score
65k US seems a bit much for a 1500. The 4th gen Limited starts at only 56k and the current Rebel starts at 47k.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree, I'll wait until official pricing is released before I get too worried about it. Thats why I don't want to make an pricing predictions.

sparkygreen

Reaction score
warmachine post_id=75 time=1517199535 user_id=89 said:
Only thing I'm not really sure of is the 22s. The choices are kind of limited for a more aggressive tire. No Duratracs, Ko2s etc. I drive to Whistler a lot but don't really want to swap tires for winter.
You guys should check out the Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 in 305/45/22. My dad runs them, but on a 22 x 10 wheel. I think the 305 will be a stretch for a 22x9, which is what the new Rams will have.

If you can run that tire, it looks amazing, performs well and is strikingly quiet for such an aggressive A/T style.

Can't wait for the 5th gen pricing to come out. I bet a fully optioned limited will be over $70k. If so I would make myself wait until closer to year end to get some sort of incentive to bring it back down to reality.

warmachine

Reaction score
sparkygreen post_id=85 time=1517247498 user_id=91 said:
You guys should check out the Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 in 305/45/22. My dad runs them, but on a 22 x 10 wheel. I think the 305 will be a stretch for a 22x9, which is what the new Rams will have.

If you can run that tire, it looks amazing, performs well and is strikingly quiet for such an aggressive A/T style.

Can't wait for the 5th gen pricing to come out. I bet a fully optioned limited will be over $70k. If so I would make myself wait until closer to year end to get some sort of incentive to bring it back down to reality.
That's not a bad looking tire. Hopefully the 305 will fit without a spacer

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The Dynapros are a nice tire, my dad out them on my mom's Grand Cherokee and they've been happy with them as far as I know. They look good too as you said. I'm happy with my KO2's but they are spendy.

khoward2001

Reaction score
Just Reserved this beauty. The billet silver option is not one you can order but if dealerships have them on their stock for incoming shipment it is. Very excited.

Attachments

• AFF81A55-E67D-4648-A7C3-3BED76461CDC.png
    AFF81A55-E67D-4648-A7C3-3BED76461CDC.png
    483.7 KB · Views: 114
D

Deleted member 85

khoward2001 said:
Just Reserved this beauty. The billet silver option is not one you can order but if dealerships have them on their stock for incoming shipment it is. Very excited.
Congratulations!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 85

Standard Equipment:
(see attachment)
Options:
(see attachment)
(see attachment)
(see attachment)
(see attachment)

Attachments

• pasted-from-clipboard.png
    pasted-from-clipboard.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 54
    62.8 KB · Views: 61
    120.3 KB · Views: 48
    57.4 KB · Views: 45
    96.8 KB · Views: 43

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
khoward2001 said:
Congrats, looks like it will be a nice truck!

ericd

Reaction score
Just built my Limited now that all the pricing is online. $65,940
1f628.png
. I better get a good trade on my Longhorn

76rich

Reaction score
I just got back home from my local Ram dealer. I went to order a 2019 Limited today. At this time there are only four colors available for order. Silver is not one of them. We just received a new 2018 Challenger Shaker in Billet. Since 94 I have ordered a new silver Ram every three years. Does anyone on here have an explanation or know how long before Billet Silver will become avaiable?

khoward2001

Reaction score
76rich said:
I just got back home from my local Ram dealer. I went to order a 2019 Limited today. At this time there are only four colors available for order. Silver is not one of them. We just received a new 2018 Challenger Shaker in Billet. Since 94 I have ordered a new silver Ram every three years. Does anyone on here have an explanation or know how long before Billet Silver will become avaiable?
I ran into the same issue. I also wanted the Billet silver. The only way around this is call a bunch of dealers around you and look to see if there is a Billet Silver Limited on a stick order. Thats how I got the silver Laramie I wanted. No way to order it but the third dealership I called had one on their stock lists that were assigned to them. Give it a shot

D

Deleted member103

Hmm, 'Pricing Released' or '1500 orders - . . .' ? I'll start here, even though technically mine is not an order YET, but I'll explain my process in discovering that it looks like I will be able to make an . . . acceptable settlement of what I Wanted and what I will end up With - whoopee !
All is still hinged-on Selling my 2016 G.C. -at the Right Price ! Basically getting trade-in of $30,000 or a out-right sell of $32,000 ! Nothings in Stone, but . . . !? SO after "B & P-ing' for hours (this morning)
of Rebels/Tradesman's/Big Horns, the Big Horn comes out the best Price with Options Winner !
Bottom line - the few items I don't get from the Rebel I can "live with" vs. ALL the items I don't get or can't get with a Tradesman . Common on all 3 : V6 eTorque/8 speed, quad cab, Max. steel clear coat paint, . . . think that's about that !? BIG HORN +'s = Starting with the 1st must have, 4X4 Off Road Group; which then Requires - Level 1 ( these add $2000 ). Between these 2, the other add-ins amount to many of the items I really would prefer, but thought "out-of-reach" !? I couldn't Resist Especially seeing that the bottom Line # is Less than my Desired Max Cost ! Again, whoopee !
I get a RAM that is "Close to a Rebel as possible (so far) - with LT on/off road tires (yea 32" vs. 33") and they're probably the Hankook off-brand crap !?
So I was "on a roll" and decided heck what IF -- so I added ; Rear wheel Liners, Deluxe Cloth Bucket Seats . . . and wait . . . yup, the 9-Speaker + Subwoofer ! The Interior Color choice is Black with the Deluxe Brown Seats & Black/Brown Dash + the Max Steel Clear Coat Paint ! TOTAL of Options +$3100 for Grand SubTotal of $$44,000 ! $1000 shy of my Max ! Of course there is the Tax & B.S. Dealer fees ! I will place the order come FALL when the dust settles/ V6 avail. and I have more $$$ saved for the Cap/Tonneau & BedRug Liner . Oh and a Buyer for the G.C. or the Trade-In Price I need to make ALL THIS Possible ! Work, Joy / Joy, Work . . . ?
1f604.png

1f914.png

263a.png

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
Hmm, 'Pricing Released' or '1500 orders - . . .' ? I'll start here, even though technically mine is not an order YET, but I'll explain my process in discovering that it looks like I will be able to make an . . . acceptable settlement of what I Wanted and what I will end up With - whoopee !
All is still hinged-on Selling my 2016 G.C. -at the Right Price ! Basically getting trade-in of $30,000 or a out-right sell of $32,000 ! Nothings in Stone, but . . . !? SO after "B & P-ing' for hours (this morning)
of Rebels/Tradesman's/Big Horns, the Big Horn comes out the best Price with Options Winner !
Bottom line - the few items I don't get from the Rebel I can "live with" vs. ALL the items I don't get or can't get with a Tradesman . Common on all 3 : V6 eTorque/8 speed, quad cab, Max. steel clear coat paint, . . . think that's about that !? BIG HORN +'s = Starting with the 1st must have, 4X4 Off Road Group; which then Requires - Level 1 ( these add $2000 ). Between these 2, the other add-ins amount to many of the items I really would prefer, but thought "out-of-reach" !? I couldn't Resist Especially seeing that the bottom Line # is Less than my Desired Max Cost ! Again, whoopee !
I get a RAM that is "Close to a Rebel as possible (so far) - with LT on/off road tires (yea 32" vs. 33") and they're probably the Hankook off-brand crap !?
So I was "on a roll" and decided heck what IF -- so I added ; Rear wheel Liners, Deluxe Cloth Bucket Seats . . . and wait . . . yup, the 9-Speaker + Subwoofer ! The Interior Color choice is Black with the Deluxe Brown Seats & Black/Brown Dash + the Max Steel Clear Coat Paint ! TOTAL of Options +$3100 for Grand SubTotal of $$44,000 ! $1000 shy of my Max ! Of course there is the Tax & B.S. Dealer fees ! I will place the order come FALL when the dust settles/ V6 avail. and I have more $$$ saved for the Cap/Tonneau & BedRug Liner . Oh and a Buyer for the G.C. or the Trade-In Price I need to make ALL THIS Possible ! Work, Joy / Joy, Work . . . ?
1f604.png

1f914.png

263a.png
Glad you found something that will work for you. The Big Horn really is the standout value winner among all the trims I feel. The tires that come with the Off-Road package are Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws last I heard.

D

Deleted member103

Jared Balfour said:
Glad you found something that will work for you. The Big Horn really is the standout value winner among all the trims I feel. The tires that come with the Off-Road package are Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws last I heard.
THANK YOU JARED . It was "work," but I will try to get used to the Chrome - least till I win a lottery and change out all the chrome parts, ha ha ! FALKEN'S eh ? Wildpeak AT3W's ? Gonna go to Falken's bookmark soon as done to see ! If true, that IS Good News ! Is your "Last I Heard" source reliable ?

Do you know if these Off Road Packages come with a 1 inch Lift ? Not seeing any indication at RAM of the Ground Clearance for any models - This one with 4X4 is what I want to know .
Also not seeing any info. on wether the Big Horn Quad rear seats also slid forward for a more comfy reclined position ? OR if the rear seat Head Rests can be either removed or folded down for better rearview visibility - like they do in my G.C. !?

Users who are viewing this thread