5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 governed ?

country4life

Reaction score
How to get rid of the speed limited feature I was at the track doing some speed runs
And it wouldn’t go over 105mph how to get rid of it ?

jastevenson

Reaction score
Even if it’s governed, it’s unlikely the top speed would be much more than 105.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I removed the limit with a programmer on my 2013 Laramie. Had no problem doing 120 with the same motor and 3.21’s. Felt like I still had plenty left but the vision of blowing a tire made me back off. In my young and dumb years I would have kept going till it wouldn’t anymore while on bald tires.😆

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Wouldn't the top speed be higher with a 3.21?
It was sarcasm. He was the guy that recently started another 3.21 vs 3.92 thread and asked if he could convert his 3.21 to 3.92.

I see you got that 3.92 gears to put a leveling kit and some 33s? That’s cute Lol btw those wheels look terrible

Oh no, you hurt my feelings. 🤣

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Without diving into the drama that appears to have taken over the thread (again) and to answer the original question, yes you can eliminate the limiter with a tuner or possibly the alphaOBD set up.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Without diving into the drama that appears to have taken over the thread (again) and to answer the original question, yes you can eliminate the limiter with a tuner or possibly the alphaOBD set up.

The speed limiter cannot be removed with AlfaOBD.

country4life

Reaction score
Do you know of any good tuners ? I was looking at the pedal commander

Dewey

Reaction score
Do you know of any good tuners ? I was looking at the pedal commander
That’s technically not a tuner. All it does is alter your throttle response. It add no power and cannot adjust anything else electronically.

country4life

Reaction score
That’s technically not a tuner. All it does is alter your throttle response. It add no power and cannot adjust anything else electronically.
Ok then What’s a good tuner ? That will get rid of the speed limiter

Dewey

Reaction score
Ok then What’s a good tuner ? That will get rid of the speed limiter
I don’t have an answer for that since I haven’t looked into them since 2013. Hopefully somebody with better knowledge about what’s currently available will chime in.

Users who are viewing this thread