5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 governed ?

killerformula

Reaction score
Why would anybody want to take these 6000 pound bricks around a track? I would not try to go faster in one of these things than where it’s governed.

If you want to go fast, you can spend short money on a c5 corvette with an LS motor and have a real screamer with just a little work. Blow the doors off any truck out there with no problem, and way safer around the track.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Pulsar, and it doesn’t/can’t remove the limiter. Unless there is a hidden menu I am missing or something.
I found a setting in AplhaOBD, but that did nothing. It was something like, Speed limiter present, along that sorts.
3.21’s, have topped out this truck at 104. At 105, the limiter kicks in, throttle is nothing, you can have it literary floored and nothing.
By then, your smoking, or smoked😑 Honestly, not my best moments, but quality of drivers in my homeland make me do dumb$*1t some times…
This was with the stock Falken ATs. I now have Toyo AT3’s, so won’t being doing that any time soon.
I Was taught at an early age to respect your tires’ speed ratings. Things can go horribly wrong. Luckily with this limiter, you won’t even get close! 😂

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why would anybody want to take these 6000 pound bricks around a track? I would not try to go faster in one of these things than where it’s governed.

If you want to go fast, you can spend short money on a c5 corvette with an LS motor and have a real screamer with just a little work. Blow the doors off any truck out there with no problem, and way safer around the track.

Down the 1320, bruv.
Straight line racing.

killerformula

Reaction score
Using these trucks for 1/4 mile is an equally bad idea, but if that is the OP’s intent he’s all set. There is no way he’s breaking 105 in the quarter. He will be lucky to get within the 20 mph of that!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Since this thread is already necroed I'll add some info.
2 tuners you can use are hptuners and diablosport. Need to send our your pcm to get unlocked to use either then can remove the limitor. Do remeber what tires you have and your surroundings.
Also the limitor is the same on all 1500s regardless of shipped tires even if you can go 20mpg more with a better tire so always check what you have before trying anything stupid.
I would guess the top speed is somewhere 150mph+
I have gone 125 and there way way more left, just not enough road or tires rated for 170.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I believe GrantMccoy is a bot.
I typically would argue against that but in this case I believe you are correct. It's response is up there with learning chat based AIs... Finding content and linking it.
And he put a bogus spam link where he linked to another's person comment, that was not in the original comment. A human typically would not do something like that except by mistake, but I think we got a bingo...
Need to click on the user and report though, just posting doesn't do anything.

Users who are viewing this thread