5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions about adding LaneSense

TBurton

Reaction score
Does anybody know what components/modules are needed to add LaneSesne or if it can be done.
I have the forward camera for the Rain Sensing wipers and was not sure if the LaneSense uses the same camera.
2020 Laramie Sport

Konrad

Reaction score
Does anybody know what components/modules are needed to add LaneSesne or if it can be done.
I have the forward camera for the Rain Sensing wipers and was not sure if the LaneSense uses the same camera.
2020 Laramie Sport

Rain Sensing wipers do not use a camera. What you have is a simple optical sensor that measures infrared reflectiveness of the glass. It's not a camera of any kind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TBurton

Reaction score
So does the automatic high beam headlight camera also used for Lane Sense?

Konrad

Reaction score
So does the automatic high beam headlight camera also used for Lane Sense?

Automatic high beams don't use any camera either. It's a simple light sensor like in your dusk to dawn security light.

TBurton

Reaction score
I was going off what the owner manual says since the wiring diagrams are not available.
From the Owners Manual:
Automatic High Beam Headlamp Control —
If Equipped The Automatic High Beam Headlamp Control system provides increased forward lighting at night by automating high beam control through the use of a digital camera mounted on the inside rearview mirror or a windshield mounted camera.

Thanks for quick response

Still trying for figure out if Lane Sense could be added.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Automatic high beams don't use any camera either. It's a simple light sensor like in your dusk to dawn security light.

This is incorrect. Auto-high beams do use the windshield camera (in the DASM module <Drivers Assistance System Module> which has integrated Camera and Radar).

Among others, the DASM controls the following:

• Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go (ACC+)
• Automatic High Beam Control (AHBC)
• Lane Departure Warning with Haptic Lane Feedback (LDW+)
• Advanced Emergency Braking (AEB)
• Full Speed Forward Collision Warning with AEB (FSRFCW+)

Cheers,

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
2020 Laramie Sport
TB,

Here you go. Lots of modules needed, which will make it cost prohibitive in my opinion:

Attachments

• 08 - Electrical:8B - Chime:Buzzer:Driver Assist:Description LANE DEPARTURE WARNING.pdf
    148.1 KB · Views: 207

Konrad

Reaction score
This is incorrect. Auto-high beams do use the windshield camera (in the DASM module which has integrated Camera and Radar).

Among others, the DASM controls the following:

• Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go (ACC+)
• Automatic High Beam Control (AHBC)
• Lane Departure Warning with Haptic Lane Feedback (LDW+)
• Advanced Emergency Braking (AEB)
• Full Speed Forward Collision Warning with AEB (FSRFCW+)

Cheers,

I admit I was wrong then and I apologise for the misinformation!

Konrad

Reaction score
No worries brother. We’re all here to learn from each other.

It's always been a simple photoelectric sensor doing these things... and now it's cameras! They call it progress, I guess... Oh well

By the way, is that service manual you're quoting available for purchase somewhere? I've been looking for it for some time now with no success, best I could find were 2018 DS models. Would you be so kind as to point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
It's always been a simple photoelectric sensor doing these things... and now it's cameras! They call it progress, I guess... Oh well

By the way, is that service manual you're quoting available for purchase somewhere? I've been looking for it for some time now with no success, best I could find were 2018 DS models. Would you be so kind as to point me in the right direction? Thanks!

You can find it here:

I did the three-day plan and spent three days downloading PDFs... Very tedious process. Not sure if they have it on DVD or thumb drive now. Hopefully they do. I’d gladly pay for this as opposed to what I did.

Neurobit

Konrad

Reaction score
You can find it here:

I did the three-day plan and spent three days downloading PDFs... Very tedious process. Not sure if they have it on DVD or thumb drive now. Hopefully they do. I’d gladly pay for this as opposed to what I did.

Neurobit

Thank you very much, sir!

grubymisiek

Reaction score
Guys,
Actually adding DASM should not be a great problem. I'll give it a try. It requires:
1. DASM module located behind the rear view mirror 68320948AL + connection (I am not sure why Forward Facing Camera module seems to be discounted everywhere)
2. Alfa and plenty of time for calibration and set-up
3. special windshield with lane depart, auto dim and rain sensor. As most of them have the rain sensor I'll try to fix a camera without windshield replacement.
The rest of modules are already there. ABS, display (DSM), IPC, AMP, BCM.

We already have CAN+, CAN-, LIN, 12V+, ground behind rear view mirror. The question is - what connector shall we use? Does anyone have a schematic or at least a photo of it?

The next step will be adaptive cruise control where we have to add:
1. Cruise Control Switch Module (CSWC) - on the steering wheel,
2. check if Steering Column Control Module (SCCM) (spring) is different,
the rest should be there. Should...

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 82

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Guys,
Actually adding DASM should not be a great problem. I'll give it a try. It requires:
1. DASM module located behind the rear view mirror 68320948AL + connection (I am not sure why Forward Facing Camera module seems to be discounted everywhere)
3. special windshield with lane depart, auto dim and rain sensor. As most of them have the rain sensor I'll try to fix a camera without windshield replacement.

We already have CAN+, CAN-, LIN, 12V+, ground behind rear view mirror. The question is - what connector shall we use? Does anyone have a schematic or at least a photo of it?

The connector for the DASM is Aptiv 13509360. The terminals for the connector are 13726148.
I know for sure that adaptive cruise requires a different ABS module, but not sure if it’s required for the other features.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Might be a silly question, but r u sure you want to put in the time, effort and cash for it? I have it on mine but have yet to use it. It really depends on the roads you are driving (how good the marking are). I wonder how many on the forum use theirs? Might give you an idea if it is worth it. Just my 2 cents.

DHOLMQ

Reaction score
I wouldn’t due to price but to each their own. This is coming from someone who literally can’t get enough help to find a solution or wiring harness to add a simple cheap a mopar CD player to my 2020 Limited. I can’t even imagine the red tape on this one.

tdb0021

Reaction score
Guys,

I'm going to start looking into this as i think it will be about the same process as adding blind spot monitoring which i did successfully. Are there two cameras that work for Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) or just 1? (One in the grill and one in the rear view mirror?) I found the connector for the DASM and for the CAN C we need to use. I thought the forward facing camera was integrated into the rear view mirror. If this is the case can't we swap a limited rear view mirror in that already has it? I have found these rear view mirrors for about $120.

I have not found an alternate part number for the ABS module (assuming that needs to be swapped out)

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to start looking into this as i think it will be about the same process as adding blind spot monitoring which i did successfully. Are there two cameras that work for Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) or just 1? (One in the grill and one in the rear view mirror?) I found the connector for the DASM and for the CAN C we need to use. I thought the forward facing camera was integrated into the rear view mirror. If this is the case can't we swap a limited rear view mirror in that already has it? I have found these rear view mirrors for about $120.

I have not found an alternate part number for the ABS module (assuming that needs to be swapped out)
The DASM is a separate module that is attached to the rear view mirror. The only thing the rear view mirror would contain is the auto dim sensor and the auto high beam sensor. I haven’t looked at the exact differences, but the correct windshield would be needed that contains the brackets and correct frit pattern for the DASM camera. There are different windshield part numbers depending on whether or not you have auto climate controls (humidity sensor frit pattern) and/or the DASM.
The ABS module is different for cruise control with stop and go.
Regular ABS module- 68436461AE
ABS module for adaptive cruise with stop and go- 68436462AF
DASM- 68320948AG
Windshield for DASM and auto climate control- 68275585AE
Windshield for DASM without auto climate control- 68275580AE

Users who are viewing this thread