5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions about adding LaneSense

tdb0021

Reaction score
The DASM is a separate module that is attached to the rear view mirror. The only thing the rear view mirror would contain is the auto dim sensor and the auto high beam sensor. I haven’t looked at the exact differences, but the correct windshield would be needed that contains the brackets and correct frit pattern for the DASM camera. There are different windshield part numbers depending on whether or not you have auto climate controls (humidity sensor frit pattern) and/or the DASM.
The ABS module is different for cruise control with stop and go.
Regular ABS module- 68436461AE
ABS module for adaptive cruise with stop and go- 68436462AF
DASM- 68320948AG
Windshield for DASM and auto climate control- 68275585AE
Windshield for DASM without auto climate control- 68275580AE

Thanks for the info. I wonder if there is a way to modify a windshield that doesn't have the correct pattern.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I wonder if there is a way to modify a windshield that doesn't have the correct pattern.
Not really. You would basically need to make a clear as glass “window” for the camera in the solid frit area. The frit is etched onto the glass, and I don’t know of any method to remove the frit without making the glass under it all scratched and blurry.

tdb0021

Reaction score
Do we know if having the physical lane-sense button on the radio is essential to the operation? If it is, then this would also require a different radio as i'm pretty sure you can't just add the button in.

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
I have this on my Trackhawk but not my RAM. At first I thought it was cool and well done by FCA but sometimes it gets annoying if you aren't centered in the lane constantly. I end up turning it off more than I use it.

tdb0021

Reaction score
I haven't seen a whole lot on it, but doesn't it "turn" the steering wheel for you rather than brake the wheels? I'm more interested in adaptive cruise control but it seems like these almost go hand-in-hand, so i figured why not add both if i'm adding one.

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
Yes the wheel will sligjhtly turn for you, but its easily overpowered if you want to keep moving over. if you do not use your turn signal prior to moving it will push you back in your lane. the adaptive cruise and brake assist will chime and then slam on the brakes in panic stops

tdb0021

Reaction score
So i ended up getting a DASM for relatively cheap, and after holding it in place close to where it would normally go, i think i'm going to attempt to mount it on my existing windshield just below the frit area so the camera will have a clear view. I still haven't picked up the ABS module. I do think i have an Adaptive cruise control button locked down so that's the first thing i'm going to tackle, and lane sense shortly after. What i don't know is if there is a way i can enable lane depart from within uconnect, since i don't have the physical button. If anyone that has lane sense test this with their uconnect that'd be helpful.

does anyone know what all needs to be enabled in alpha to get ACC working?

tdb0021

Reaction score
The DASM is a separate module that is attached to the rear view mirror. The only thing the rear view mirror would contain is the auto dim sensor and the auto high beam sensor. I haven’t looked at the exact differences, but the correct windshield would be needed that contains the brackets and correct frit pattern for the DASM camera. There are different windshield part numbers depending on whether or not you have auto climate controls (humidity sensor frit pattern) and/or the DASM.
The ABS module is different for cruise control with stop and go.
Regular ABS module- 68436461AE
ABS module for adaptive cruise with stop and go- 68436462AF
DASM- 68320948AG
Windshield for DASM and auto climate control- 68275585AE
Windshield for DASM without auto climate control- 68275580AE

Do you know if the Hydraulic Control Unit would need to be changed out as well? It seems there are 2 part numbers for this. I couldn't find the part number on mine to verify which one i have. A part of me thinks one is for 1500 Classics and the other is for the new body style?

68415317AA vs. 68415320AA

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you know if the Hydraulic Control Unit would need to be changed out as well? It seems there are 2 part numbers for this. I couldn't find the part number on mine to verify which one i have. A part of me thinks one is for 1500 Classics and the other is for the new body style?

68415317AA vs. 68415320AA
It appears 68415320AA is needed as well. The other unit is only described as speed control. On techauthority, there is only one part number for the HCU, which is 68415320AA. I would double check your VIN with the parts guy, and see what’s on your truck now.

I’ll dig up all the settings that need to be changed in a bit. Unfortunately, you’ll need the screen (12”) or bezel (8.4”) that has the physical button to turn on/off lane departure.

tdb0021

Reaction score
It appears 68415320AA is needed as well. The other unit is only described as speed control. On techauthority, there is only one part number for the HCU, which is 68415320AA. I would double check your VIN with the parts guy, and see what’s on your truck now.

I’ll dig up all the settings that need to be changed in a bit. Unfortunately, you’ll need the screen (12”) or bezel (8.4”) that has the physical button to turn on/off lane departure.

That's unfortunate.. That complicates the process a good bit. That adds an additional $250 to the cost of the project and a level of difficulty i might not want to attempt myself. Replacing the ABS pump and module requires disconnecting all the brake lines running to it and re-bleeding them once complete. Easy in theory but high-risk if you ask me. Not sure if i would want to take this burden on myself.

I'm half tempted to just see what would happen if i didn't replace them and enabled it in alpha.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's unfortunate.. That complicates the process a good bit. That adds an additional $250 to the cost of the project and a level of difficulty i might not want to attempt myself. Replacing the ABS pump and module requires disconnecting all the brake lines running to it and re-bleeding them once complete. Easy in theory but high-risk if you ask me. Not sure if i would want to take this burden on myself.

I'm half tempted to just see what would happen if i didn't replace them and enabled it in alpha.
You already have the DASM. Obviously the stop and go feature won’t work, but you could try setting VehConfig 7 Type of adaptive cruise control present to ACC instead of ACC with stop and go, and see if it’ll work like that. It’s not too bad replacing both modules, AlfaOBD makes easy work of replacing the ABS and HCU by using the ABS bleed procedure.

tdb0021

Reaction score
You already have the DASM. Obviously the stop and go feature won’t work, but you could try setting VehConfig 7 Type of adaptive cruise control present to ACC instead of ACC with stop and go, and see if it’ll work like that. It’s not too bad replacing both modules, AlfaOBD makes easy work of replacing the ABS and HCU by using the ABS bleed procedure.

I'll try that before i start replacing modules. That's interesting though, how does the ABS bleed procedure work?

Do you have to bleed the system if you remove only the module, and not the HCU? That might be the next step if the above doesn't work, replace module only.

Last edited:

tdb0021

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the DASM also controls the auto hi beam option? I went through alpha and enabled every auto hi beam option i could find but didn’t have any luck with it

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the DASM also controls the auto hi beam option? I went through alpha and enabled every auto hi beam option i could find but didn’t have any luck with it
No, that’s the rear view mirror that controls auto high beam.

tdb0021

Reaction score
So after playing with the DASM and alpha last night i managed to disable cruise control... i was enabling most of the ACC options and everything else that needs the DASM to see if anything would work. I was getting plenty of errors on the dash so i just went back through and removed everything i enabled. Unfortunately now cruise control doesn't work. I get a quick chime and then nothing else. No messages. Any suggestions?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So after playing with the DASM and alpha last night i managed to disable cruise control... i was enabling most of the ACC options and everything else that needs the DASM to see if anything would work. I was getting plenty of errors on the dash so i just went back through and removed everything i enabled. Unfortunately now cruise control doesn't work. I get a quick chime and then nothing else. No messages. Any suggestions?
Did you upload your BCM status to google drive before you made any changes? Take that log, and your current BCM status, and run them through WinMerge to see any differences. If all your settings are correct, connect to each module and clear out any faults. Then connect to the abs module and run the abs initialization procedure.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
I am not sure why anyone would want to add this. I am just here to say I would strongly suggest spending money elsewhere before you have buyers remorse. It is next to useless compared to other manufactures. Other manufactures lane assist can almost be used as a baby auto-pilot, this is more a someone tugging your wheel if you get too close to the line, then your too close to the other line... to which it doesn't react quickly enough.

tdb0021

Reaction score
I'll try that tonight when i get off work. I haven't installed the ACC switch yet but i have a feeling since the ABS module doesn't support it that's why i'm getting errors. it's likely ill replace that. When replacing the module only and not the pump, does the system have the be re-bled?

I am not sure why anyone would want to add this. I am just here to say I would strongly suggest spending money elsewhere before you have buyers remorse. It is next to useless compared to other manufactures. Other manufactures lane assist can almost be used as a baby auto-pilot, this is more a someone tugging your wheel if you get too close to the line, then your too close to the other line... to which it doesn't react quickly enough.

Really i'm more interested in ACC, which kind of goes hand in hand with the DASM. If i can enable Lane Depart then i will, if not then i wont be too upset.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'll try that tonight when i get off work. I haven't installed the ACC switch yet but i have a feeling since the ABS module doesn't support it that's why i'm getting errors. it's likely ill replace that. When replacing the module only and not the pump, does the system have the be re-bled?

Really i'm more interested in ACC, which kind of goes hand in hand with the DASM. If i can enable Lane Depart then i will, if not then i wont be too upset.
Possibly. If you replace only the abs module, there is no need to do anything with the brakes. It’ll be a direct swap out. You’ll have to run the abs initialization when you do that, also. When you connect to the abs module, don’t get nervous if the cluster starts to ding and flash, that’s normal.

Adrianp89

Reaction score

ACC works half way decent in the truck, and is nice to have. Hope it works out.

Users who are viewing this thread