5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proof of screwed up Rebel12 build?

IndianaRam

Reaction score
Yeah it's available. Just build one online yesterday. Only problem is you can't get the HK system or leather seats with the Rebal12 package now. The package now costs $2,095. It was $2,995 when I bought my truck. Plus when you click on the Rebel12 you automatically have to upgrade to the Alpine sound system with the Rebel12 package.

Garys35

Reaction score
I took delivery of mine with the rebel 12 package with the color and options I wanted this past week ,but the dealer that had it was 5 hours away.
It was a trip well worth it . The Hk and leather seats are great plus my wife wanted the passenger power and lumbar seat.

whsk12

Reaction score
build date of dec 18-was at dealer on 1-25-19-rebel 12-leather seats-hk stereo-panoroof-hemi-4x4-took it home 1-26-19!

Neokane

Reaction score
My build date for rebel 12 was 1/22. I picked it up 3/2

whsk12

Reaction score
is leather and HK now a option or unavailable?-mine might be more valuable!

19 REBEL RAM

Reaction score
So to close this out... kind of... got the response from FCA. As most know, the Rebel 12 package is no more, so good deal to those who got it. The reason it still shows on the build and price is because there's still inventory out there that can be bought. Kind of figured, still disappointed, but you never know. You can still be one of the few to own a Rebel 12, but I'd bet (based on Ram's tendency to come out with a new special editions) that something else will be available shortly. Maybe the Rebel 16 with kung fu grip, leather, massage, and ball washer feature. Anyway, the response from FCA:

Dear Ed,

I appreciate the time and effort taken to contact the Ram Truck Information Center regarding our 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel lineup.

Factory ordering for the Rebel 12 optional package has concluded with no further orders being accepted at this time. However, please be advised that our Ram Truck website is intended to reflect models currently available for sale within dealership inventory and is not reflective of the new vehicle factory ordering system.

This available optional configuration is still highlighted on our Ram Truck website as these models can still be located and purchased within dealership inventory. If you are still interested in purchasing a model with this configuration, you can utilize our Ram Truck Shopping Tools located on our Ram Truck website to review this configuration and perform a search in your area.

Our best suggestion would be for you to keep in contact with your preferred Ram Truck dealership as the ordering system changes on a frequent basis. Your preferred Ram Truck dealership will be first informed as to when they are capable of placing an order on your behalf and are the best resource for the most up-to-date factory order timing and product information.

You are always welcome to call us directly with your questions at the Ram Product Information Center by calling 1-866-726-4636.

Thanks again for your email, Ed.

Sincerely,

Jeff
Ram Truck Information Center
So to close this out... kind of... got the response from FCA. As most know, the Rebel 12 package is no more, so good deal to those who got it. The reason it still shows on the build and price is because there's still inventory out there that can be bought. Kind of figured, still disappointed, but you never know. You can still be one of the few to own a Rebel 12, but I'd bet (based on Ram's tendency to come out with a new special editions) that something else will be available shortly. Maybe the Rebel 16 with kung fu grip, leather, massage, and ball washer feature. Anyway, the response from FCA:

Dear Ed,

I appreciate the time and effort taken to contact the Ram Truck Information Center regarding our 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel lineup.

Factory ordering for the Rebel 12 optional package has concluded with no further orders being accepted at this time. However, please be advised that our Ram Truck website is intended to reflect models currently available for sale within dealership inventory and is not reflective of the new vehicle factory ordering system.

This available optional configuration is still highlighted on our Ram Truck website as these models can still be located and purchased within dealership inventory. If you are still interested in purchasing a model with this configuration, you can utilize our Ram Truck Shopping Tools located on our Ram Truck website to review this configuration and perform a search in your area.

Our best suggestion would be for you to keep in contact with your preferred Ram Truck dealership as the ordering system changes on a frequent basis. Your preferred Ram Truck dealership will be first informed as to when they are capable of placing an order on your behalf and are the best resource for the most up-to-date factory order timing and product information.

You are always welcome to call us directly with your questions at the Ram Product Information Center by calling 1-866-726-4636.

Thanks again for your email, Ed.

Sincerely,

Jeff
Ram Truck Information Center

I heard that they closed the rebel 12 package also but when I checked at my dealer they told me Ram opened it back up for production the day before , so I ordered mine with the rebel 12 pakage on 2/21/19

pgers22

Reaction score
was at the dealer again today, the new rebel 12 is the rebel 12a package, leather and the alpine system. no more HK coming from my understanding so if you can find an existing rebel 12 that has the HK system, you are in luck!!!!

Reactions: BTK

dannydyn

Reaction score
was at the dealer again today, the new rebel 12 is the rebel 12a package, leather and the alpine system. no more HK coming from my understanding so if you can find an existing rebel 12 that has the HK system, you are in luck!!!!

Correct. The new Rebel Package (12A) is identical to the original Rebel12 package, except for the sound system - No more HK, just Alpine.

pgers22

Reaction score
i have yet to see any rebel 12a's anywhere but notice a few of the 12's left around still. hard to find for sure. trying to gauge if it is worth the fight to find them or just wait for the 12a.

Neokane

Reaction score

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anybody else feel this conversation moving to a Rebel 12 "Classic" vs. "New" Rebel 12?

Neokane

Reaction score
Can anybody else feel this conversation moving to a Rebel 12 "Classic" vs. "New" Rebel 12?
It is..

The funny thing is the only difference is alpine vs harmon kardon.
That's it!
Not sure where the proof of screwed up build is.

pgers22

Reaction score
i know the only difference is the speakers but the HK sounds awesome as well

IndianaRam

Reaction score
It's two things they cut from the rebel 12 package, the 12a doesn't have the HK system and no more leather seats. They did screw up, I've been contacted by FCA about a refund since I didn't get the HK system with my truck. Don't know how long that's going to take to resolve? Have to wait till next month to find out.

Creep0321

Reaction score
Last edited:

Neokane

Reaction score

whsk12

Reaction score
found 2 rebel 12's on the lot in bullhead city az-they were there last i looked-they have the HK stereo

Users who are viewing this thread