5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proof of screwed up Rebel12 build?

dannydyn

Reaction score
Ignore this character's "review", and just pay attention to this Rebel12 configuration....

12" screen with red, non-leather seats? And he claims the car has the 9-speaker Alpine (no HK12)? (though he could be wrong on that point, as his knowledge clearly is limited).

S

Smashy71

Maybe you can get the 12” screen non leather now? I’m a tad confused too.

Tommy R

Reaction score
I thought I'd read that the 12" screen was available a la carte, not just in the "Rebel 12" package. Maybe not? Regardless, the truck he reviewed was definitely not a "Rebel 12" optioned rig.

dannydyn

Reaction score

Lize

Reaction score
The 12” screen is now offered as an option separate from the actual rebel 12 package. You can order a rebel with the 12” screen and the regular rebel seats.
I couldn't initially decide on screen size but ended up going for the 12" one, I preferred this option as I wanted the red seat backs to match the interior trim.
You have to add the 9 speakers but I would have gone for those if I'd ordered the smaller screen anyway.
Be months yet but can't wait :)

Fly_Guy07

Reaction score
I have a Rebel with the 12" .. no leather and no HK...was stock inventory at dealership.

dannydyn

Reaction score
The 12” screen is now offered as an option separate from the actual rebel 12 package. You can order a rebel with the 12” screen and the regular rebel seats.

Where did you hear/see that? On the online configurator the only way to get a a 12" screen is by adding the Rebel12 package ($2995 on top of the $2000 level 2 group).

JLUR_

Reaction score
Where did you hear/see that? On the online configurator the only way to get a a 12" screen is by adding the Rebel12 package ($2995 on top of the $2000 level 2 group).
It's been available since November at least. When I was shopping for a Rebel 12 my dealer kept configuring a Rebel with the 12" display instead of the Rebel 12 package. You can build it within the configurator this was, too. Configure a Rebel, add the 12" screen on the "Interior" tab and then select the alpine 9 speaker system when it prompts you for an additional selection. Don't click the Rebel 12 package.

Thepittoo

Reaction score
It's been available since November at least. When I was shopping for a Rebel 12 my dealer kept configuring a Rebel with the 12" display instead of the Rebel 12 package. You can build it within the configurator this was, too. Configure a Rebel, add the 12" screen on the "Interior" tab and then select the alpine 9 speaker system when it prompts you for an additional selection. Don't click the Rebel 12 package.

I can verify. I actually had 1 on order because the rebel 12 was unavailable. Then happened to get a few in. They add the 12in in. The leather is not an option.

dannydyn

Reaction score
I stand corrected, thanks guys.

Still though, the difference in price between the 12" screen + Alpine vs. the full Rebel12 is only $405. For that additional $405 you get leather seats and the HK19. Well worth it.

Given that I'm not in a rush, I'll give Ram another 2-3 months to see if they open the package for ordering again. I would like to believe it will be offered in the near future again, or else why keep having it available online.

KrashnPA

Reaction score
I stand corrected, thanks guys.

Still though, the difference in price between the 12" screen + Alpine vs. the full Rebel12 is only $405. For that additional $405 you get leather seats and the HK19. Well worth it.

Given that I'm not in a rush, I'll give Ram another 2-3 months to see if they open the package for ordering again. I would like to believe it will be offered in the near future again, or else why keep having it available online.

For false advertisement maybe?:p I have asked RAM/FCA CS why it's still there; waiting for an answer.

Completely agree on the difference in price making the 12 a good value. I don't have the luxury of waiting a few months, so I placed an order for a Rebel with the Alpine and 12 inch U-cannot.

Tommy R

Reaction score
Do we know why the Rebel 12 package was discontinued (perhaps temporarily)? FWIW, the build date on my Rebel 12 is December '18, but I'm sure the dealer ordered it well before then, obviously. Perhaps they just made it in before the cutoff?

RichT

Reaction score
Gotta admit, the "resale value 'angel'" on my shoulder hopes they never release the 12 package again.

:oops:

edgarrian

Reaction score
Gotta admit, the "resale value 'angel'" on my shoulder hopes they never release the 12 package again.

:oops:

Im with you on that but I cant imagine they would do that if demand is that high. Sounds like to the factory is having a hard time keeping up.

Thepittoo

Reaction score
Just find one on the lot. They got them. Look around and find the rebel 12.

KrashnPA

Reaction score
For false advertisement maybe?:p I have asked RAM/FCA CS why it's still there; waiting for an answer.

Completely agree on the difference in price making the 12 a good value. I don't have the luxury of waiting a few months, so I placed an order for a Rebel with the Alpine and 12 inch U-cannot.

So to close this out... kind of... got the response from FCA. As most know, the Rebel 12 package is no more, so good deal to those who got it. The reason it still shows on the build and price is because there's still inventory out there that can be bought. Kind of figured, still disappointed, but you never know. You can still be one of the few to own a Rebel 12, but I'd bet (based on Ram's tendency to come out with a new special editions) that something else will be available shortly. Maybe the Rebel 16 with kung fu grip, leather, massage, and ball washer feature. Anyway, the response from FCA:

Dear Ed,

I appreciate the time and effort taken to contact the Ram Truck Information Center regarding our 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel lineup.

Factory ordering for the Rebel 12 optional package has concluded with no further orders being accepted at this time. However, please be advised that our Ram Truck website is intended to reflect models currently available for sale within dealership inventory and is not reflective of the new vehicle factory ordering system.

This available optional configuration is still highlighted on our Ram Truck website as these models can still be located and purchased within dealership inventory. If you are still interested in purchasing a model with this configuration, you can utilize our Ram Truck Shopping Tools located on our Ram Truck website to review this configuration and perform a search in your area.

Our best suggestion would be for you to keep in contact with your preferred Ram Truck dealership as the ordering system changes on a frequent basis. Your preferred Ram Truck dealership will be first informed as to when they are capable of placing an order on your behalf and are the best resource for the most up-to-date factory order timing and product information.

You are always welcome to call us directly with your questions at the Ram Product Information Center by calling 1-866-726-4636.

Thanks again for your email, Ed.

Sincerely,

Jeff
Ram Truck Information Center

Users who are viewing this thread