5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Proof of screwed up Rebel12 build?

edgarrian

Reaction score
So to close this out... kind of... got the response from FCA. As most know, the Rebel 12 package is no more, so good deal to those who got it. The reason it still shows on the build and price is because there's still inventory out there that can be bought. Kind of figured, still disappointed, but you never know. You can still be one of the few to own a Rebel 12, but I'd bet (based on Ram's tendency to come out with a new special editions) that something else will be available shortly. Maybe the Rebel 16 with kung fu grip, leather, massage, and ball washer feature. Anyway, the response from FCA:

Dear Ed,

I appreciate the time and effort taken to contact the Ram Truck Information Center regarding our 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel lineup.

Factory ordering for the Rebel 12 optional package has concluded with no further orders being accepted at this time. However, please be advised that our Ram Truck website is intended to reflect models currently available for sale within dealership inventory and is not reflective of the new vehicle factory ordering system.

This available optional configuration is still highlighted on our Ram Truck website as these models can still be located and purchased within dealership inventory. If you are still interested in purchasing a model with this configuration, you can utilize our Ram Truck Shopping Tools located on our Ram Truck website to review this configuration and perform a search in your area.

Our best suggestion would be for you to keep in contact with your preferred Ram Truck dealership as the ordering system changes on a frequent basis. Your preferred Ram Truck dealership will be first informed as to when they are capable of placing an order on your behalf and are the best resource for the most up-to-date factory order timing and product information.

You are always welcome to call us directly with your questions at the Ram Product Information Center by calling 1-866-726-4636.

Thanks again for your email, Ed.

Sincerely,

Jeff
Ram Truck Information Center

Thanks for the update. Im really surprised that is the case. Hard to believe but u are probably right. They will come out with something else in the near future

dannydyn

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen a manufacturer discontinue a package midyear like that. Total Bull5hit if you ask me. Pretty pissed right about now.

edgarrian

Reaction score
^^^^ they still have trucks in transit if you are looking. however they go quick it seems like

RAMDJ

Reaction score
So to close this out... kind of... got the response from FCA. As most know, the Rebel 12 package is no more, so good deal to those who got it. The reason it still shows on the build and price is because there's still inventory out there that can be bought. Kind of figured, still disappointed, but you never know. You can still be one of the few to own a Rebel 12, but I'd bet (based on Ram's tendency to come out with a new special editions) that something else will be available shortly. Maybe the Rebel 16 with kung fu grip, leather, massage, and ball washer feature. Anyway, the response from FCA:

Dear Ed,

I appreciate the time and effort taken to contact the Ram Truck Information Center regarding our 2019 Ram 1500 Rebel lineup.

Factory ordering for the Rebel 12 optional package has concluded with no further orders being accepted at this time. However, please be advised that our Ram Truck website is intended to reflect models currently available for sale within dealership inventory and is not reflective of the new vehicle factory ordering system.

This available optional configuration is still highlighted on our Ram Truck website as these models can still be located and purchased within dealership inventory. If you are still interested in purchasing a model with this configuration, you can utilize our Ram Truck Shopping Tools located on our Ram Truck website to review this configuration and perform a search in your area.

Our best suggestion would be for you to keep in contact with your preferred Ram Truck dealership as the ordering system changes on a frequent basis. Your preferred Ram Truck dealership will be first informed as to when they are capable of placing an order on your behalf and are the best resource for the most up-to-date factory order timing and product information.

You are always welcome to call us directly with your questions at the Ram Product Information Center by calling 1-866-726-4636.

Thanks again for your email, Ed.

Sincerely,

Jeff
Ram Truck Information Center

So with that, I am glad that I am going to look at one today. I have all the stuff ready to pick it up. Hopefully the dealer doesn't try to pull a fast one over me.

^^^^ they still have trucks in transit if you are looking. however they go quick it seems like

I put my down payment on it before it even got off the train. :cool:

Blee2221

Reaction score
So with that, I am glad that I am going to look at one today. I have all the stuff ready to pick it up. Hopefully the dealer doesn't try to pull a fast one over me.

Nice! What did you end up getting? Picking mine up saturday.

edgarrian

Reaction score

I put down a 500 dollar payment as well to lock mine in. Glad I didnt wait.

RAMDJ

Reaction score
Nice! What did you end up getting? Picking mine up saturday.

Well don't have it yet....hopefully it works out. The one I am looking at is:
Billet Silver Metallic
Rebel 12
5.7 V8 Hemi (non etorque)
Pano Sunroof
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
4-corner air suspension
Blind-Spot with Cross-path Detection
Spray-in Bedliner
Trailer break controller
Off road mopar running boards

it checks all the boxes except the etorque option.

dannydyn

Reaction score
FCA finally got back to me:

46284310544_c3d79048c1_z.jpg

dannydyn

Reaction score
well, looks like the website has been updated, and the Rebel12 is no longer available online either.

Tommy R

Reaction score
I'm curious why they were discontinued. And it makes me question if it was a good or bad thing that I have one!

edgarrian

Reaction score
One does make you wonder. I haven't seen a whole lot of fuss about the truck on the forums yet. Other than air ride but thats certainly a known problem. Even before it was a known problem. Im really surprised they didnt engineer those air ride systems for better winter operations. Air and cold always has issues. A guy posted about a water leak in the cab. Seems like it will be an easy fix but its the thought. I would think if there was some news that would be negative it will come out.

trixdesigns

Reaction score
Local dealer here in Jax has a few, but they had the Alpine system in them for some reason. That and the lack of 360 view kinda sucked.

Sholzer

Reaction score
Happy I was able to snag one. I much prefer the mostly black interior and you get a lot more for the $400-ish dollar difference between the rebel 12 and just selecting the 12" uconnect w/ 9 speaker system.

RichT

Reaction score
wow, looked at ramtrucks last week and did the 150 mile search. 10 results for Rebel 12.

Today.....zero.

RAMDJ

Reaction score
Well, I can say I am very happy that I purchased one last night. I must have picked up one of the last ones that were coming off the factory floor. I am sure they are just going to replace it with something else, but right now, I am just grinning ear to ear. Had 18 miles on it when I purchased last night...it now has 210. :love:

SWI_Don

Reaction score
I was looking recently and if you look at some of the window stickers for the Rebel 12's now they list the 9 speaker system as part of the Rebel 12 package instead of the HK system. It appears that the HK system that was originally available became constrained in supply and FCA elected to offer the Rebel 12 package with the 9 speaker system. I assume the 9 speaker system is the Alpine speaker system but do not know for sure.

I was originally set on a red/black rebel 12 but that color was originally not available when the ordering for the rebel 12 package was opened up. I was looking last weekend at other color combos and when feeding the VIN# into the window sticker link it showed the rebel 12 package with a 9 speaker system instead of the HK system. The red trim around the door speakers was not shown on the interior shots of the trucks.

There were some cases of rebel 12's getting ordered with the alpine speaker system in addition to the HK system included with the rebel 12 package. It adds more cost with arguably a less capable speaker package. Apparently, the Red / Black color scheme was available for at least a few hours with the rebel 12 package as that is what the window sticker read.

One thing that is consistent so far is that the Rebel 12 package should come with heated leather seats. No tire tread pattern infills.

At this point, I'm waiting to see what the HD options pan out to be.

Last edited:

Blee2221

Reaction score
Well, I can say I am very happy that I purchased one last night. I must have picked up one of the last ones that were coming off the factory floor. I am sure they are just going to replace it with something else, but right now, I am just grinning ear to ear. Had 18 miles on it when I purchased last night...it now has 210. :love:

Build date?

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Some folks were very unhappy that the 9 speaker add-on for the Rebel 12 at additional cost deleted the HK 19 speaker configuration that was part of the package. The handling of the Rebel 12 edition wasn't handled very well in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread