5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
Hello all. Just to confirm. If I place an order, the rebates will be determined upon delivery correct? Dealer said turn around time is around 10 weeks. Anyone have experience in what the rebates generally trend in coming months? Looking at Big Horn 4X2.

I have been told by the dealer and heard it from many other people, that you will get the best of any and all rebates availible from when you order to when you take delivery. But I think it is up to you to know what ones were avaible in order to ensure you really did get the best. I am not sure I would trust the dealer to track them all for you when they already have the sale.

Also Truck Month is epxected to extend through March. And considering how dismal it is in Feburary, people are hoping it will be much better next month.

tat3rsalad

Reaction score
I have been told by the dealer and heard it from many other people, that you will get the best of any and all rebates availible from when you order to when you take delivery. But I think it is up to you to know what ones were avaible in order to ensure you really did get the best. I am not sure I would trust the dealer to track them all for you when they already have the sale.

Also Truck Month is epxected to extend through March. And considering how dismal it is in Feburary, people are hoping it will be much better next month.
Thanks!

ramhawks

Reaction score
The most Im seeing of Limited and Longhorns is in the 9k range. Thats not much off a 65-70k msrp truck. Do you think it will be summer before we start seeing 10-12k off the Limited and Longhorn trucks?

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Anyone know a dealer in Georgia that will build and price similar to the Koons deal? Or if not, anyone know a great dealer in Georgia?
I asked a couple of dealers in Georgia (Atlanta) for quotes and no one could beat Koons. Palmer was the closest but off by $2k. Ordered from Koons.

Dreng

Reaction score
I finally got my puppy this weekend. It came out a little in my favor, but I kinda overlooked a slight price hike that I have to pay for..... when I re-signed the paperwork, I didn't spot the difference.

I had a loaner until I got my truck and had a deal for another truck, but that went south when that truck ended up being a demo and had 5,000 miles on it with an October build date. So they found a 2nd truck with ALL the same options, but with a build date of January 22nd and I was pretty stoked about that with it being so recent and literally NO one drove it. Fresh off the truck.

However, the options were more expensive. the Hemi was 1395 vs's 1195. The 12" screen was another $100 and the MSRP was 57405 vs's 56960. I ended up paying the difference when I signed....

It's not a lot of money, but that difference could had been enough for me to add in the floor mats + bed liner or steps :(

View attachment 15835 View attachment 15836

Congrats! That is a good looking truck.

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
The most Im seeing of Limited and Longh9orns is in the 9k range. Thats not much off a 65-70k msrp truck. Do you think it will be summer before we start seeing 10-12k off the Limited and Longhorn trucks?

9K of what deals? If Dealer discount only? That is decent. If dealer discount, rebates and incentives, then it is bad. You should expect 9-12% off with dealer discount and hopefully another 3-9 with incentives and rebates. 18% off MSRP is kinda the target but incentives vary on model, inventory, affiliations, etc. If you order, you can expect less. If buy a Limited instead of a Big Horn, you can expect less. etc etc etc.

Jackham

Reaction score
The most Im seeing of Limited and Longhorns is in the 9k range. Thats not much off a 65-70k msrp truck. Do you think it will be summer before we start seeing 10-12k off the Limited and Longhorn trucks?
Maybe never. These things are selling. Especially the high end trucks. Truth is the high end trucks have the most room to move but they haven't had to as they are selling like hotcakes. Meanwhile the typical midlevel volume leader not as much.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I bought my Longhorn a couple of weeks ago and got $11,629 off MSRP. FCA and the dealers might be tightening up because the trucks are selling so good.

Mark5000

Reaction score
I placed my order today for a Limited and was also told my Tacoma did not qualify for Conquest. I am hopeful that by April FCA will realize that no trucks are selling because tax refunds are so much less this year and start to offer huge incentives/rebates.

What are the rules on the "Truck Conquest" incentive? I currently own a Toyota Tacoma and had one dealer tell me that the "mid-size" pick up didn't qualify. Is this true? It would seem odd to me that converting someone from a Toyota Tacoma to a Ram wouldn't have the same rules as converting someone from a Toyota Tundra to Ram.

My Laramie should be arriving at a different dealer this week and I am just preparing myself.

katta

Reaction score
Anyone know a dealer in Georgia that will build and price similar to the Koons deal? Or if not, anyone know a great dealer in Georgia?

Makayla from athens ram. They will make you work for it. See my post.

Creep0321

Reaction score
I placed my order today for a Limited and was also told my Tacoma did not qualify for Conquest. I am hopeful that by April FCA will realize that no trucks are selling because tax refunds are so much less this year and start to offer huge incentives/rebates.
Ha... nice dig ‍

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Your dealer is a liar. I had a few do that to me as well. Said lease didn’t count when it did for example. You need to get the proof and show them

Also, I’m getting an Extra 2.5k back this year. Super stoked in my book, didn’t really follow the tax changes this year, but I should has been negatively impacted, but i wasn’t...

kp_ram2019

Reaction score
Yay or nay below deal? Located in Texas
2019 Laramie crew cab 4x4
Black Appearance package
Advanced Safety group
12in screen
Anti spin differential
V8 (not eTorque)

47297+ ttl
50709 OTD

corlun

Reaction score
Maybe never. These things are selling. Especially the high end trucks. Truth is the high end trucks have the most room to move but they haven't had to as they are selling like hotcakes. Meanwhile the typical midlevel volume leader not as much.
Agreed I am only seeing 8-9k dealer discounts on the Limiteds. I've been negotiating with multiple different dealers. I have been holding out for 10k off, but I don't think I'm going to get it.

cw_mi

Reaction score
Ordered a Laramie on 1/28
total price was roughly $61k, after employee discount , and dealer incentives I ended up at $49k and some change OTD.

racer3207

Reaction score
Ordered a Laramie on 1/28
total price was roughly $61k, after employee discount , and dealer incentives I ended up at $49k and some change OTD.

Was this in Michigan? Which dealer? That appears to be a slightly larger discount than just Employee pricing, were you able to get an additional discount from the dealer? Or did you have targeted incentives as well? Sorry for all the questions, trying to order a Laramie within the next couple weeks myself and looking for the best deal I can get. Thanks!

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Yay or nay below deal? Located in Texas
2019 Laramie crew cab 4x4
Black Appearance package
Advanced Safety group
12in screen
Anti spin differential
V8 (not eTorque)

47297+ ttl
50709 OTD

Literally same truck as mine, except mines 4x2.

I paid about the same. 50K OTD, but my price was 57,405 MSRP - The difference on mine was that I had 2671 in negative equity rolled in.

So about same which was 23% off MSRP before TTL

What dealer was this? As I'm in Texas as well.

Users who are viewing this thread