5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

grooves12

Reaction score
You paid $47,297 on a truck with a MSRP of $61,000?

That would be 30% off MSRP which is fantastic to where it almost seems unbelievable.
Not unreasonable though... espicially on a higher end truck. There is a TON of profit built in on those things. I got 30% off on a $49K MSRP Big Horn, so if they can do it there, they can definitely do it on the higher end.

rhill

Reaction score
You paid $47,297 on a truck with a MSRP of $61,000?

That would be 30% off MSRP which is fantastic to where it almost seems unbelievable.
That is 22.5% off. Not 30%. 30% off would be $$18,300, or a price paid of $42,700.

Last edited:

xanthonyxedgex

Reaction score
Just picked up my 19 Ram this weekend! Laramie with sport appearance, level 2, etc MSRP WAS $61,330 and I got it for $48,471 before Taxes. I feel like I got a good deal, about 21% off MSRP.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just picked up my 19 Ram this weekend! Laramie with sport appearance, level 2, etc MSRP WAS $61,330 and I got it for $48,471 before Taxes. I feel like I got a good deal, about 21% off MSRP.

Good deal indeed. Post a pic or two when you get a chance. I bet that sport appearance package looks good.

brandon706

Reaction score
How are you guys negotiating such great deals? So far the dealers I went to won’t go under invoice. The Laramie i want has a MSRP of 56,305 the invoice price is 51,803. What kind of deal would I be able to get? Thanks

cw_mi

Reaction score
Was this in Michigan? Which dealer? That appears to be a slightly larger discount than just Employee pricing, were you able to get an additional discount from the dealer? Or did you have targeted incentives as well? Sorry for all the questions, trying to order a Laramie within the next couple weeks myself and looking for the best deal I can get. Thanks!

Yes, this was in MI. Galeana's Van **** Dodge. There was the already mentioned employee discount, auto show incentive, competitor incentive (or whatever that one is called) and a few others. My family also has a very good relationship with this dealer.
Not sure if we are allowed to post names, so PM me if you want a contact

cmdr bobert

Reaction score
How are you guys negotiating such great deals? So far the dealers I went to won’t go under invoice. The Laramie i want has a MSRP of 56,305 the invoice price is 51,803. What kind of deal would I be able to get? Thanks

Somewhere betweeen 43000 and 45000 before tax title and fees, depending on your region, ability to negotiate and the dealers motivation.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I was fortunate, Brandon. Didn't have to negotiate at all. The dealership here in Austin where I got the truck claims to be a no-haggling dealership and that their advertised price is as low as they can go. Not sure that's the case in every situation though.

The Longhorn that I bought was originally advertised on their website at $52,386. MSRP was $63,565. That was a 17.5% discount. And then the advertised price was lowered to $51,936, and I decided to buy the truck. Tried (halfheartedly) to get them to come off another $500 but they wouldn't budge.

At that price, it was more than an 18% percent discount off of MSRP, and the truck had what I wanted and didn't have stuff that I didn't want like the sunroof. So I pulled the trigger - $51,936 before tax, title, and license. I was/am pleased with the purchase.

I haven't been checking their website lately so I'm not sure what they're offering now.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was fortunate, Brandon. Didn't have to negotiate at all. The dealership here in Austin where I got the truck claims to be a no-haggling dealership and that their advertised price is as low as they can go. Not sure that's the case in every situation though.

The Longhorn that I bought was originally advertised on their website at $52,386. MSRP was $63,565. That was a 17.5% discount. And then the advertised price was lowered to $51,936, and I decided to buy the truck. Tried (halfheartedly) to get them to come off another $500 but they wouldn't budge.

At that price, it was more than an 18% percent discount off of MSRP, and the truck had what I wanted and didn't have stuff that I didn't want like the sunroof. So I pulled the trigger - $51,936 before tax, title, and license. I was/am pleased with the purchase.

I haven't been checking their website lately so I'm not sure what they're offering now.

Just checked my dealer's website for grins. They have 7 or 8 Longhorns advertised. Here's representative sample of their offers. MSRP of $65,460. Advertised price is $53,852. That's 17.7% off of MSRP. Not too bad.

CRAM!

Reaction score
Great deal! Which dealership did you purchase from?

Deriggs007

Reaction score
If the dealer was out of Austin, it is most likely Nyle Maxwell or Covert.

I got mine at Covert with 22-24% off MSRP.

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
Your dealer is a liar. I had a few do that to me as well. Said lease didn’t count when it did for example. You need to get the proof and show them

Also, I’m getting an Extra 2.5k back this year. Super stoked in my book, didn’t really follow the tax changes this year, but I should has been negatively impacted, but i wasn’t...

Less taxes taken out of your paycheck = less taxes returned.

RamLife

Reaction score
I built my Laramie sport with a lot of options the msrp was $66,120 and I got it for $48,620 it was so good I couldn’t pass it up

69RT3X9

Reaction score
I built my Laramie sport with a lot of options the msrp was $66,120 and I got it for $48,620 it was so good I couldn’t pass it up

That is a great deal! Can you share the name/location of the Dealer and maybe the name of the Salesman you worked with? Thanks!

MQQSE

Reaction score

Is the $66K price you mention straight out MSRP or are you adding on a dealer add-on (decal attached to MSRP)? Because I haven't see any Laramie's up around $66K, that seems like Limited pricing territory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online