5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Dreng

Reaction score
I second that.

They have a new sales rep who keeps messaging me but knows nothing about Rams or vehicles in general. Today, she texted me a Ram 2500 for 72K MSRP..... I asked for a Laramie blackout edition or a Laramie with sport package just to look at. I linked her everything. I asked about a rebel, got something completely different from her. I give up on them.

Boerne used to be great from what I heard, but that bait and switch tactic marked them as a NO GO from me.

Covert seems to be pretty decent in pricing, but I think I found the best deal in Austin, TX

The actual best deal was this vehicle: https://www.nylemaxwellcdjr.com/inv...w-1500-laramie-4x4-crew-cab-1c6srfjt7kn686688

But they just raised the price of it today, it was $48,230 and was almost fully loaded. Well nevermind on the best deal since the price increase.....wish I captured what it was earlier today lol

EDIT: Actually, looking at the local dealerships again, 2-3 of them have significantly increased their prices. They aren't offering dealer discounts on them now. Not sure if that's a mistake, or things are changing at the dealerships. Anyone noticed this when looking still?

https://www.northstardodge.net/new/Ram/2019-Ram-1500-79f3f7e20a0e0a6b2b64b19351639884.htm - This truck was 49K just yesterday.

Yes, from what I can tell it's when dealers are getting close or have met their quota they reduce the discount.

SamboRambo

Reaction score
Big Horn Crew Cab 4 X 4, Basic White Model with 23z Package, V-6 eTorque, No extras. I added after purchase N Fab Nerf Bars, GatorTrax Retractable Cover, & Line-X Bed Liner. $43,800 List, minus $6,250 Manufacturer’s Rebates, minus $4,200 Dealer Discount for a net price of $33,350. I special ordered, and arrived in six weeks.
359B4EE7-4C0B-4A21-9EC4-CC5E6704A7A8.jpeg

EZout

Reaction score
Recently joined the Tread Lightly organization, to support off-road use preservation but mostly to qualify for a Ram purchase discount.

Can anyone tell me exactly what “factory invoice” is as referred to in the letter I received from Tread Lightly, and where or how I can obtain a copy of the invoice that would pertain to the truck I want to order?

Thanks in advance for any help.

JLUR_

Reaction score
Recently joined the Tread Lightly organization, to support off-road use preservation but mostly to qualify for a Ram purchase discount.

Can anyone tell me exactly what “factory invoice” is as referred to in the letter I received from Tread Lightly, and where or how I can obtain a copy of the invoice that would pertain to the truck I want to order?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Build your truck out here and it will show you invoice and MSRP: https://www.edmunds.com/ram/1500/2019/options/?legacy=true

I'm a member of Tread Lightly as well and need to mention that the program is for 1% off invoice. You should be able to negotiate a much better deal than this. Most high-volume dealers are offering 5-7% off invoice as standard. Negotiate the best deal you can before even mentioning your Tread Lightly affiliate code and see if they can reduce the negotiated price a little further. I got 5% off invoice before I mentioned the affiliate code and while they didn't take the additional 1% off, they did take a couple hundred bucks off in an effort to work with me.

DSGB

Reaction score
2019 Limited 4x2
MSRP - 62,035
OTD - 55,810 (Includes TTL)
No trade

Hunter CDRJ Landcaster, CA

EZout

Reaction score
Build your truck out here and it will show you invoice and MSRP: https://www.edmunds.com/ram/1500/2019/options/?legacy=true

I'm a member of Tread Lightly as well and need to mention that the program is for 1% off invoice. You should be able to negotiate a much better deal than this. Most high-volume dealers are offering 5-7% off invoice as standard. Negotiate the best deal you can before even mentioning your Tread Lightly affiliate code and see if they can reduce the negotiated price a little further. I got 5% off invoice before I mentioned the affiliate code and while they didn't take the additional 1% off, they did take a couple hundred bucks off in an effort to work with me.

That sounds like great advice. I will do just as you suggested and I say, “Thank You” for taking the time to post a reply.

LUXTRUK

Reaction score
Sounds like you just added the trailer brake controller? Or is there something other than the tow mirrors that come with the tow package?
That's correct. I wasn't sure that was possible as a factory build but it is. I assumed the factory would only build by package but insisting on the smaller power fold with 360° Surround View it's obviously possibly to simply add trailer brake during build instead of adding it later by dealer. I couldn't be happier with how my truck is optioned. It's literally a fully loaded Limited with surround view, power folding mirrors, HK, painted bumpers, 22's...etc. It has everything I will use and nothing I won't. The only things the truck doesn't have are RAM BOX, Panoramic Roof(never used sunroofs in previous vehicles) I'm scheduled for ceramic tint. I prefer darker and cooler interior and preserves interior. I guess some would say I don't have Tow mirrors but that's not an upgrade to me considering what I'd lose plus I don't like the look at all. If I was pulling a car or horse trailer then yeah I get it but I'd have a 3500 Cummins for that.

Gustavo7120

Reaction score
Bighorn 4x4 quad cab
Level 1
Tow package
Msrp 45,870
Paid 34,000 before tax title
Paid 37,735 otd in california

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190117-151220_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190117-151220_Gallery.jpg
    706.4 KB · Views: 45

Creep0321

Reaction score
That's correct. I wasn't sure that was possible as a factory build but it is. I assumed the factory would only build by package but insisting on the smaller power fold with 360° Surround View it's obviously possibly to simply add trailer brake during build instead of adding it later by dealer. I couldn't be happier with how my truck is optioned. It's literally a fully loaded Limited with surround view, power folding mirrors, HK, painted bumpers, 22's...etc. It has everything I will use and nothing I won't. The only things the truck doesn't have are RAM BOX, Panoramic Roof(never used sunroofs in previous vehicles) I'm scheduled for ceramic tint. I prefer darker and cooler interior and preserves interior. I guess some would say I don't have Tow mirrors but that's not an upgrade to me considering what I'd lose plus I don't like the look at all. If I was pulling a car or horse trailer then yeah I get it but I'd have a 3500 Cummins for that.
I agree that you made the correct choice just wasn’t sure if I had missed something else that was included with the tow package that just getting the trailer brake controller would miss.

Cygnus A

Reaction score
Anyone getting good discounts when leasing? I thought I had a solid deal locked in, but when i mentioned leasing, the price when up 6k. I am trying to get something like this for 400-450 with zero down:

2019 RAM 4X4 CREW CAB 5'7" BOX
V8
3.92 DRIVE
LEVEL 2 EQUIP GROUP
DELUXE CLOTH BUCKET SEATS
PREMIUM LED LIGHTING PACKAGE
20 INCH WHEELS

Think it is possible?

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Anyone getting good discounts when leasing? I thought I had a solid deal locked in, but when i mentioned leasing, the price when up 6k. I am trying to get something like this for 400-450 with zero down:

2019 RAM 4X4 CREW CAB 5'7" BOX
V8
3.92 DRIVE
LEVEL 2 EQUIP GROUP
DELUXE CLOTH BUCKET SEATS
PREMIUM LED LIGHTING PACKAGE
20 INCH WHEELS

Think it is possible?

I quoted myself something close to this - You're looking at closer to $550-$600.

I was going to lease my vehicle at $48Kish

davidn0021

Reaction score
I'm finally pulling the trigger on a Limited, probably today:

2019 RAM Limited 4x4 5'7" HEMI V8
Billet Silver
Protection Group
Level 1
33-gallon Tank
22" Wheels
MSRP $66205

The lease quoted me thus far is $629/mo w/ 9.5% tax inclusive for 36 mo/10K year with $7K down and a $2250 rebate. I'm not sure I believe that number as I think they're throwing in other fees in there to add to the net capitalized cost of the truck. Gonna take a closer look at the breakdown today when I go into the dealership to work through the final numbers. I believe residual I was quoted for this truck was 56% w/ a money factor of 0.00096. Already got the pre-approval with Tier 1 credit (800+) for both the wife and I so let's see how much more I can work them. Thoughts?

Creep0321

Reaction score

Billet Silver
Protection Group
Level 1
33-gallon Tank
22" Wheels
MSRP $66205

The lease quoted me thus far is $629/mo w/ 9.5% tax inclusive for 36 mo/10K year with $7K down and a $2250 rebate. I'm not sure I believe that number as I think they're throwing in other fees in there to add to the net capitalized cost of the truck. Gonna take a closer look at the breakdown today when I go into the dealership to work through the final numbers. I believe residual I was quoted for this truck was 56% w/ a money factor of 0.00096. Already got the pre-approval with Tier 1 credit (800+) for both the wife and I so let's see how much more I can work them. Thoughts?

There is a thread specifically about leasing, but I remember the consensus to be 0 down....

JLUR_

Reaction score
There is a thread specifically about leasing, but I remember the consensus to be 0 down....
^ This. A down payment on a lease doesn't provide the same benefits that it does for a traditional purchase. If anything, take that down payment money and see if the lender will allow you to make 1 or more security deposits to lower the money factor on the lease.

Stasek

Reaction score

Billet Silver
Protection Group
Level 1
33-gallon Tank
22" Wheels
MSRP $66205

Looks like a pretty bad deal. With your $7k down (ideally you should NEVER put any money down), you're effectively paying ~$820/month!

JayMann

Reaction score
My lame attempt at trying to create some type of organization from this chaos...

I'll try and make this post once a day or two as I'm going to be in the thick of car shopping so while I'm doing this I figured everyone can benefit from my OCD-ness. The starting point is the below. As I get more data this average will get more and more data points.

Laramie
AVERAGE DEALERSHIP DISCOUNT: 6,675
CURRENT REBATES (JAN 2018): 2,750

JeffK2019

Reaction score
Been watching this site and trying to learn the ropes.

Jan 2nd I went to my local dealer intent on purchasing a Limited off their lot (was on their web site). Vehicle was sold. Gave my list of "nice to have" options and they said they would search local inventory. No luck. Then suggested I order - which I was fine with, I was ready to buy a truck. Manager comes back says can't currently place orders, will call me in a week.

Flash forward 3 weeks now, no contact from dealer. Planned to head back there today (I was out of country all last week) and I noticed on their web site now all dealer discounts are removed. Is this happening because suddenly they are selling trucks? Very frustrated.

I did a search around CA for other dealers to see what inventory they had or if it appeared they were willing to work with someone on pricing. Would prefer my local dealer (they are literally 2 miles from my house) but also willing to drive a couple of hours to save $8-10k off the price of a truck.

I found a number of CA dealers still offering discounts, linking this one in particular as I have not seen any deals even close to approaching this dealer - or is this a "too good to be true" scenario? Call me paranoid. Would another dealer typically match or all dependent on how desperate they are to sell this month? I had not seen a Limited up till now under $50k in CA.

https://www.hbchryslerdodgejeepram....e-county-45aa1ac40a0e0a172f9264f5e04472c2.htm

Thanks for any input or suggestions.

davidn0021

Reaction score
^ This. A down payment on a lease doesn't provide the same benefits that it does for a traditional purchase. If anything, take that down payment money and see if the lender will allow you to make 1 or more security deposits to lower the money factor on the lease.

Thanks for the advice guys! I may have to re-think my downpayment, and move it to a security deposit instead. My guess is the adj/net cap cost is higher than it should be and they're adding in all sorts of fees to have my payments be that high. Using other lease calculators,
Looks like a pretty bad deal. With your $7k down (ideally you should NEVER put any money down), you're effectively paying ~$820/month!

Whew, thank God for these forums!

Cygnus A

Reaction score
I quoted myself something close to this - You're looking at closer to $550-$600.

I was going to lease my vehicle at $48Kish

I got a Laramie quote for 610. I figured a Big Horn with all the extra incentives should be much much less?

Users who are viewing this thread