5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Deriggs007

Reaction score
I'm in conversation with Andrew at Meador. But I have an initial stink - they ran my credit score and picked the lower of the rates, it's surprisingly super low... (540.........WTF)
A huge turn off at the start. I'll most likely wait until my missed late payment which isn't accurate is removed from my credit score to boost me about 80 points, but I don't want to wait another month. I was just in 750's in November, but the December screw up docked me over 80 points, no idea where 540 comes into play except how FICO does it's different scores based on Auto, Mortgage, Credit. Since it was a missed payment on a lease, it dropped it way more.

DaMythDaLegend

Reaction score
Factory Order

MSRP = $55,280
Adjusted = $49,250
Rebates = $3,750 (FCA $2,750 Rebates + USAA $1,000)
Sale Price = $45,500 - Processing Fee (Doc Fee) & Tax

$9,780 off MSRP total

Will all that it'll be probably like $46,272ish OTD

Attachments

• Price.JPG
    Price.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 69
  • breakdown.JPG
    breakdown.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 71
  • description.JPG
    description.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 62
U

User_6565

Hi all. Any suggestions on a high volume dealer to include in Oregon? I'm near Portland, but it could be anywhere in the state. I'd consider Dillon in Idaho but would need to make sure my Oregon sales tax (0%) is what I'd pay in Idaho. If not, it may not be worth purchasing out of state.

LUXTRUK

Reaction score
2019 Limited Tri Coat Ivory Indigo/Frost 4X4 5.7 Etorque Preferred Package 27M Level 1 Painted Bumpers 3.92 22" Polished Wheels 285/45 Tow Package W/out Tow Mirrors Surround View with Power Folding Heated Mirrors. My build.
Truck came end of year so I feel I worked a great deal since purchase was done end of day New Year's Eve
MSRP $65,715
Negotiated -$7,435
Rebates -$3,250
Final Price $55,030

davidn0021

Reaction score
2019 Limited Tri Coat Ivory Indigo/Frost 4X4 5.7 Etorque Preferred Package 27M Level 1 Painted Bumpers 3.92 22" Polished Wheels 285/45 Tow Package W/out Tow Mirrors Surround View with Power Folding Heated Mirrors. My build.
Truck came end of year so I feel I worked a great deal since purchase was done end of day New Year's Eve
MSRP $65,715
Negotiated -$7,435
Rebates -$3,250
Final Price $55,030

How did you get the tow package w/o tow mirrors?

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Well, I wasn't that impressed with Meador, at least the individual I was running with. Through a lot of BS at me, trying to get me to buy with absurd interest rate, saying my credit isn't going to improve much that quick. Little things like that was a big turn off. And there prices are not much different than literally, 50 other dealer ships I've been looking at. It could be as someone else said where there just aren't very many deals right now.

They only had one vehicle that was a decent deal off the lot, all others was beat by practically everyone else. But of course, I heard what all dealers say "Dollar for dollar, we are the cheapest". Uh no, you're not. Definitely not worth a 4 hour drive and they would not negotiate down at all.

So to me, it's like shopping at a carmax, what you see is what you get. The prices are competitive, the service is pretty straightforward, but if you're making a drive for a vehicle. Just look at other dealerships.

Out of 5 in my local area and looking at Meador, they were the 3rd most expensive for the truck I wanted, but have the cheapest with a few options if I gave them up.

Checking within a 100 mile radius, I've found much better prices by about 1-2K before TTL and extra rebates.

This one: https://www.covertchryslerdodgejeep...w-1500-laramie-4x2-crew-cab-1c6rrejt2kn683853
Initial price investigation is $47750 + TTL, or 50,668 OTD. They're still willing to come down a bit, and that's before the USAA rebate.

What do you think of that deal? Let's say I can get it for $48K out the door? Or have them throw in a few things.

Cannonball

Reaction score
Well, I wasn't that impressed with Meador, at least the individual I was running with. Through a lot of BS at me, trying to get me to buy with absurd interest rate, saying my credit isn't going to improve much that quick. Little things like that was a big turn off. And there prices are not much different than literally, 50 other dealer ships I've been looking at. It could be as someone else said where there just aren't very many deals right now.

They only had one vehicle that was a decent deal off the lot, all others was beat by practically everyone else. But of course, I heard what all dealers say "Dollar for dollar, we are the cheapest". Uh no, you're not. Definitely not worth a 4 hour drive and they would not negotiate down at all.

So to me, it's like shopping at a carmax, what you see is what you get. The prices are competitive, the service is pretty straightforward, but if you're making a drive for a vehicle. Just look at other dealerships.

Out of 5 in my local area and looking at Meador, they were the 3rd most expensive for the truck I wanted, but have the cheapest with a few options if I gave them up.

Checking within a 100 mile radius, I've found much better prices by about 1-2K before TTL and extra rebates.

This one: https://www.covertchryslerdodgejeep...w-1500-laramie-4x2-crew-cab-1c6rrejt2kn683853
Initial price investigation is $47750 + TTL, or 50,668 OTD. They're still willing to come down a bit, and that's before the USAA rebate.

What do you think of that deal? Let's say I can get it for $48K out the door? Or have them throw in a few things.
Smartly optioned, new build (24nov), price is inline with current transactions.... If you want it, buy it and don't look back! If you don't soon though, I bet that truck will sell quick.

awwc

Reaction score
Hi all. Any suggestions on a high volume dealer to include in Oregon? I'm near Portland, but it could be anywhere in the state. I'd consider Dillon in Idaho but would need to make sure my Oregon sales tax (0%) is what I'd pay in Idaho. If not, it may not be worth purchasing out of state.
No tax if you buy it out of state.
https://www.dmv.org/or-oregon/buy-sell/buying-selling-faqs.php

This will answer your tax and licensing questions. Also there will be a difference in documentation fees depending on state. Oregon has one of the lowest at 100 bucks, Washington's is 150 and Idaho's is 265. Just FYI.

As for high volume, I don't think anyone local qualifies. I'm considering going to Dave Smith in Kellogg Idaho myself if I can't find what I want near pdx. Same boat as you man.

DavidH_94

Reaction score
Hi all, just thought I would post here to see what thoughts were on this deal. Located in Texas.

2019 RAM 1500 LONE STAR QUAD CAB 4X2 Level 1 Equipment, 20-inch aluminum tires, cloth bucket seat.
MSRP: $42,175
Dealer Discount: -$6,916
Retail Cash: -$4,250
Final: $31,009

davidn0021

Reaction score
You can order the trailer brake as a separate item. That way you keep the auto folding mirrors.

Gotcha. Well, I don't really plan on towing much of anything, so I guess it's moot for me. But good to know if I do decide to buy the next one.

U

User_6565

I had a dealer spec out an order for a loaded Laramie 4x4 Crew with almost all the options (4 corner air, advanced safety group, 12" uconnect, (and plenty more) but NO pano roof, no ram boxes) to MSRP of $66,155 and said he could take $12,500 off that for my price. Pretty good start, I suppose, but I think I should try for more. Agree? I would want the number in a contract form that states I get whatever rebates are available now OR time of delivery, whichever is higher.
I've asked him for a breakdown of how he gets to that number so am waiting for that response now.

V8Spock

Reaction score
If you get the Advanced Safety Group, make sure not to get the Trailer-Tow Package. It will delete your surround view camera and folding mirrors.

LUXTRUK

Reaction score
How did you get the tow package w/o tow mirrors?
It's possible. I don't like the look of the tow mirrors and don't tow anything large enough to need them. I pull a small enclosed trailer for 2 motorcycles, tandem jet ski trailer and small utility trailer for ATV/UTV. I wanted the smaller power folding mirrors, especially for the width of the truck and tight parking. My truck is a fully loaded Limited. The only things I didn't want were the Pano Roof and RAM BOX bed. For me the cameras are way more beneficial than ugly useless (for me) tow mirrors. Mine is the only one myself and my dealer have seen in person. Everyone at dealer liked the cameras and smaller power mirrors for use and looks over the tow mirrors. I'm glad that was one of my first questions when ordering the truck even after building the truck on RAM site and it saying I would lose surround view and power folding. I would've given up tow package if I had too. I don't need it but it's nice for use with the enclosed bike trailer.

Creep0321

Reaction score
It's possible. I don't like the look of the tow mirrors and don't tow anything large enough to need them. I pull a small enclosed trailer for 2 motorcycles, tandem jet ski trailer and small utility trailer for ATV/UTV. I wanted the smaller power folding mirrors, especially for the width of the truck and tight parking. My truck is a fully loaded Limited. The only things I didn't want were the Pano Roof and RAM BOX bed. For me the cameras are way more beneficial than ugly useless (for me) tow mirrors. Mine is the only one myself and my dealer have seen in person. Everyone at dealer liked the cameras and smaller power mirrors for use and looks over the tow mirrors. I'm glad that was one of my first questions when ordering the truck even after building the truck on RAM site and it saying I would lose surround view and power folding. I would've given up tow package if I had too. I don't need it but it's nice for use with the enclosed bike trailer.
Sounds like you just added the trailer brake controller? Or is there something other than the tow mirrors that come with the tow package?

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went in with my USAA price and my dealer actually came in $3,500 under it. I love USAA, but their price is not always the lowest. Shop and compare.

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
As for high volume, I don't think anyone local qualifies. I'm considering going to Dave Smith in Kellogg Idaho myself if I can't find what I want near pdx. Same boat as you man.

Ugh. I hate dealers that hide their initial offer. "Too Low to Show! Request a quote!"

yeah, screw you. Dennis Dillon posts their prices without issue.

Users who are viewing this thread