5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

davidn0021

Reaction score
It's possible. I don't like the look of the tow mirrors and don't tow anything large enough to need them. I pull a small enclosed trailer for 2 motorcycles, tandem jet ski trailer and small utility trailer for ATV/UTV. I wanted the smaller power folding mirrors, especially for the width of the truck and tight parking. My truck is a fully loaded Limited. The only things I didn't want were the Pano Roof and RAM BOX bed. For me the cameras are way more beneficial than ugly useless (for me) tow mirrors. Mine is the only one myself and my dealer have seen in person. Everyone at dealer liked the cameras and smaller power mirrors for use and looks over the tow mirrors. I'm glad that was one of my first questions when ordering the truck even after building the truck on RAM site and it saying I would lose surround view and power folding. I would've given up tow package if I had too. I don't need it but it's nice for use with the enclosed bike trailer.

Sounds like you and I have the same requirements for our trucks! I'm looking for pretty much the exact same thing. Don't plan on towing much (if at all) and every vehicle I've had a sunroof/moonroof, I've used it maybe less than 1% of the time. If I had to pick, I'd probably also scrap the higher gear ratio and the larger wheels but would want the larger 33 gallon gas tank. Cheapest quote I've received was about 54K for pretty much that but with the sunroof.

Ultra

Reaction score
Picked up my Laramie today. Ivory/black int, 5.7, Lvl 2 equip., console, Advanced Safety Group, Anti-spin, Ucon 12, pano roof, 20in wheels.

MSRP $60,200
Dealer disc $5950 (net, after some dealer fees)
Ram rebates $6250
Before tax, title, registration $48,000

2019 Ram 1500.jpg

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Picked up my Laramie today. Ivory/black int, 5.7, Lvl 2 equip., console, Advanced Safety Group, Anti-spin, Ucon 12, pano roof, 20in wheels.

MSRP $60,200
Dealer disc $5950 (net, after some dealer fees)
Ram rebates $6250
Before tax, title, registration $48,000

View attachment 13895

What rebates did you qualify for? 6k sounds like a lot of rebates

I want the exact truck except I want the black appearance package

I couldn’t get anything close to that except one

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Nevermind, I called the dealership and somehow a 3 year service for tire rotation + oil change, spray in bed liner + side boards for just under 48K....

Yeah no thanks

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Howdy, Gents (and Ladies).

New member here.

I’m going to be selling my 2015 Mustang GT in a few months and I want to replace her with a new Ram.

Using Ram’s build and price tool, the Longhorn that I’ve configured has an MSRP of $57,175. See the link below, although it’s showing Patriot Blue and I configured it with Ivory.

https://www.ramtrucks.com/build.ram...DJ,XHC,Z1C,DMC,UAX,A68,AHC,DSA,XT,PWD,24K,APA

Anyway, the estimated selling price down in Summary of the build and price tool shows $52,087, and this seems a little high to me.

Any thoughts on what this truck should sell for minus tax, title and license?

Thanks in advance.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks,
My Longhorn was 57,125.

My price after rebates 3750 and dealer discount 5760 , and was about 47,600 before tax and tags and the rest.

This was late November, no trade. I came in armed with a check from Credit Union.

Northern Virginia.

Seemwd like I may be a pretty good point of reference for your particular scenario.

Thanks, Longhorn5G.

Sounds like you got a good deal. I’m in Central Texas, just north of Austin, and I’d be very happy if I could get that kind of price on my Longhorn.

Like you, I want have a trade in (selling my Mustang myself), and with what I get for my Mustang and additional cash, I’ll be putting putting quite a bit down. Hopefully, that’ll give the dealer an incentive to work with me.

I appreciate your input.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Excellent advice, Longhorn5G. I’ll be going in loaded for bear. (y) I’ll likely get the check from my credit union for the relatively small amount that I’ll be financing. Thanks again for your help.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Excellent advice, Longhorn5G. I’ll be going in loaded for bear. (y) I’ll likely get the check from my credit union for the relatively small amount that I’ll be financing. Thanks again for your help.
Please come on back!

Dreng

Reaction score
Nevermind, I called the dealership and somehow a 3 year service for tire rotation + oil change, spray in bed liner + side boards for just under 48K....

Yeah no thanks

Ya, those prices dont add up to another $4k. All in all though iv been looking in Dallas and that is still better than most of what iv seen. I'm thinking I might make a trip down there.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Ya, those prices dont add up to another $4k. All in all though iv been looking in Dallas and that is still better than most of what iv seen. I'm thinking I might make a trip down there.

I wouldn’t waste your time. It isn’t much better in the Dallas area, there might be a few deals here and there, but nothing worth a decent drive for.

I’ve found cheaper trucks within a 50 mile radius than going to just Dallas imo

I’m trying to work on the truck I mentioned earlier. It seems to be a solid deal, But ancira here in San Antonio has been really trying to get me to come in and buy with them with the truck I want.

However, maybe someone can fill me in that’s more knowledgeable on rebates

The dealer said that with an incentive apr rebate, I would not qualify for some other rebates but helps with lowering my apr so that overall I pay less than what the rebates would give me. That sound accurate?

I understand it, but not sure that’s legitimate.

Also, the price is $50,250 plus ttl

It sounds a little higher than it should.

Msrp of 56960
Laramie
v8
Black appearance package
Level 2 equip
Advanced safety
Anti spin
12” uconnect

Doesn’t sound like that good of a deal, hence why I think they are working with me more on finacing....

Also, I want to work with another dealership. Is it possible to apply, but them not re run my credit at like 8 different banks? The same banks that the other dealers already ran?

This way I don’t take anymore queries on my account?

Thoughts?

davidn0021

Reaction score
So a dealer was going to give me my Limited for 54K (almost 9K off MSRP of 63K). With license + other fees, less my down + any rebates, it should come out to ~49K for the net cap cost. Somehow, they were going to base my lease off a 52K cap cost as they were tacking on an additional 2K of upfront fees. I tried getting them to tell me what that amount was for and they said tax. I've already been through 5 leases for 5 different cars (3 MB, 2 BMW) and I've never heard of such a thing in CA. I keep questioning them on it and now they've gone silent. Good thing I asked for a breakdown and the girl sent me a screen grab of her sales app with all these listed! Yeah, I'm not going back to that dealership. I was even going to up my downpayment to cover the license + acquisition/doc fees because it would be stupid to finance those amounts! Guess I'll wait until the end of the month to see what RAM comes up with for incentives. Quite frustrated but I'd probably be even more pissed if I found out after the fact that I got charged for something I didn't agree to.

pilottim

Reaction score

Yeah no thanks
The magic words in the fine print: "New vehicle pricing includes all offers and incentives." Nobody qualifies for all available offers/incentives. These prices are listed to get you in the door.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Please come on back!

Thanks, Longhorn5G. I’ll let you know the deal that I work but it’s gonna be a few months.

I’m now thinking about adding 4x4 to my build. I’m retiring in about a year and half and I’m planning on spending some time in the Blue Ridge mountains during the summer months to escape our Texas 100 degree days, and 4x4 might come in handy in the mountains.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
The magic words in the fine print: "New vehicle pricing includes all offers and incentives." Nobody qualifies for all available offers/incentives. These prices are listed to get you in the door.

That I understand, I actually mentioned that to them. They mentioned the price was just from the dealership's discount, not the incentives. However, they did say that it didn't include the other options and such... which was absurd as far as prices go. I'll next them.

I'm still entertaining offers at Covert in Austin, TX - The guy who's been emailing me is the GM, so that's cool to work with rather than a straight dealer.

Ultra

Reaction score
What rebates did you qualify for? 6k sounds like a lot of rebates

I want the exact truck except I want the black appearance package

I couldn’t get anything close to that except one
$3750 when using Chrysler Capitol to finance, $1000 Conquest Cash because I was driving an F150, $1000 from Ram because the truck was on the lot awhile and $500 Upfit for being a business owner.

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
That I understand, I actually mentioned that to them. They mentioned the price was just from the dealership's discount, not the incentives. However, they did say that it didn't include the other options and such... which was absurd as far as prices go. I'll next them.

Wait, so I'm confused. The MSRP is $58k, the dealer discount is $13.5, there's customer cash (this is real) for $1,250 giving you a price of $43.8 without any conditional offers.

Are you saying they added $4k worth of options not listed?

Dreng

Reaction score
Guys, don't buy my truck please.

But look what I just found, I'm sure it's a mistake though... lol

https://www.boernedodge.com/inventory/1C6SRFLTXKN721902

Rebel 12 for under $44K with a few options

I reached out to them regarding the other rebel they had. When they sent me a breakdown of the price I lost it. They added on top of the listed price $1000 for 3 years maitence, $800 for GPS, $1000 for running boards, $600for spray in bed liner, $350 for tint, and $200 for wheel locks. When I asked about 3 year matience he said it was oil changes and tire changes nation wide at any dealer and full syntetic and they typically charge $150 for the service so you save money. The math tells me 6 oil changes is $900 at $150 a pop (which is overpriced already). The truck i was locking at was initially $48k online and when all said and done they had it at $53k.

Dontra

Reaction score
I reached out to them regarding the other rebel they had. When they sent me a breakdown of the price I lost it. They added on top of the listed price $1000 for 3 years maitence, $800 for GPS, $1000 for running boards, $600for spray in bed liner, $350 for tint, and $200 for wheel locks. When I asked about 3 year matience he said it was oil changes and tire changes nation wide at any dealer and full syntetic and they typically charge $150 for the service so you save money. The math tells me 6 oil changes is $900 at $150 a pop (which is overpriced already). The truck i was locking at was initially $48k online and when all said and done they had it at $53k.
This dealer did not even give you a kiss. Find another dealer

Deriggs007

Reaction score
I second that.

They have a new sales rep who keeps messaging me but knows nothing about Rams or vehicles in general. Today, she texted me a Ram 2500 for 72K MSRP..... I asked for a Laramie blackout edition or a Laramie with sport package just to look at. I linked her everything. I asked about a rebel, got something completely different from her. I give up on them.

Boerne used to be great from what I heard, but that bait and switch tactic marked them as a NO GO from me.

Covert seems to be pretty decent in pricing, but I think I found the best deal in Austin, TX

The actual best deal was this vehicle: https://www.nylemaxwellcdjr.com/inv...w-1500-laramie-4x4-crew-cab-1c6srfjt7kn686688

But they just raised the price of it today, it was $48,230 and was almost fully loaded. Well nevermind on the best deal since the price increase.....wish I captured what it was earlier today lol

EDIT: Actually, looking at the local dealerships again, 2-3 of them have significantly increased their prices. They aren't offering dealer discounts on them now. Not sure if that's a mistake, or things are changing at the dealerships. Anyone noticed this when looking still?

https://www.northstardodge.net/new/Ram/2019-Ram-1500-79f3f7e20a0e0a6b2b64b19351639884.htm - This truck was 49K just yesterday.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread