5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

wazslow

Reaction score
Hold your breath. They didn't have info for 24s until less than two months before production, and 25 production will start later in the year than 24s did.

2025 pricing pdf's are already listed in this thread.

patriot_tech

Reaction score
Score another one for Mark Dodge - my new 24 limited is arriving today. Easy deal - 20% of msrp and more for my trade than any local dealer offered. Local guys were no more than 10% off.
I was a little nervous since I had not bought like this in the past, but I'm a believer now.

JwRamJw

Reaction score
Score another one for Mark Dodge - my new 24 limited is arriving today. Easy deal - 20% of msrp and more for my trade than any local dealer offered. Local guys were no more than 10% off.
I was a little nervous since I had not bought like this in the past, but I'm a believer now.
How did they handle your trade? Are you local?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's in the paperwork they send you. You take pictures, and tell them about the vehicle, and the offer you their trade in value. As long as your description is accurate, you get that trade.

patriot_tech

Reaction score
I'm in Ohio. They asked for a pic of the truck and a pic of the vin tag. I could have taken truck to the local manheim auction for them but I could not be without a truck. I paid a fee and they had a guy drive my new one from Louisiana to me and picked up my trade. AND they beat the trade offer of local dealers and carvana , vroom, etc.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm in Ohio. They asked for a pic of the truck and a pic of the vin tag. I could have taken truck to the local manheim auction for them but I could not be without a truck. I paid a fee and they had a guy drive my new one from Louisiana to me and picked up my trade. AND they beat the trade offer of local dealers and carvana , vroom, etc.
That is interesting- I considered Mark Dodge on a previous purchase but didn't want to travel down or deal with a local trade. Hadn't considered shipping the new truck and the trade both or even thought of it as an option! When you say theybjaf a guy drive it I assume you mean a shipper on a truck or did they actually have a guy drive the trucks?

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Maybe @AnthonyRI can help with the above questions on trades at Mark? What’s is the process if you are not local?
Sure can!

For appraisal, we can do that remotely - using VIN #, mileage, and photos. The FINAL value is determined when your new truck gets here, everything before that is just an estimate, but if you get an estimate while your truck is being produced or in transit to us from plant, that's usually enough to to decide if you're going to trade it in, sell it outright, or bury it in the woods.

For trade ins there are a few ways, and they all depend on the value of the vehicle, your state tax rate, and the value of your time. If you're in a state with 10% tax that DOES provide trade credit against how much sales tax is due, the odds of this working in your favor are greater. If you're trading in a $15K truck, or live in a state that doesn't have a high tax rate, you may do better selling it outright.

In any case, getting the trade to us:

1. Drive it to us, plain and simple - we'd have an appraised value that would assume the mileage of you getting here. Works well if you plan to drive the new one home.
2. Drop it off at a local auction facility where we have intake rights with some of our partners. Usually a little less value, since we don't get to sell it on our lot, but very convenient. This does have to happen before the new truck leaves our lot - so you're a few days without a truck. Then we ship the new one to you.
3. Ship it to us - this is the LONGEST time without your vehicle, but we can help coordinate that with you (this would be on a car carrier / shipper)
4. Depending on the distance, we DO have a few drivers that would drive your new truck to you, and return with your trade - this has the lowest amount of downtime for you, but does put miles on your new truck, and depends on timing/schedule/distance we can't guarantee this as an optoin.

Personally, if it were me:
- Under 250 miles - Free delivery/swap from us.
- 250-500 miles - I'd drive myself, little overnight trip, good times.
- 500 - 750 probably ship or hired driver
- 750+ I'm going to auction

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
My truck just arrived at MD. Im in Ohio - im driving my trade to them, and driving the new one home. About 1000 miles each way.
My reasons are mainly because i want to thoroughly check out the new truck before signing off on it.
Personal feeling is its far too big a purchasing decision to carry out sight unseen. Any issues can be addressed right then and there.
Also, they get to see that my trade is exactly what i say it is. Two way trust factor established.
Now, im retired and i have the time to do this. I realize not everyone can.

stevieb92

Reaction score
My truck just arrived at MD. Im in Ohio - im driving my trade to them, and driving the new one home. About 1000 miles each way.
My reasons are mainly because i want to thoroughly check out the new truck before signing off on it.
Personal feeling is its far too big a purchasing decision to carry out sight unseen. Any issues can be addressed right then and there.
Also, they get to see that my trade is exactly what i say it is. Two way trust factor established.
Now, im retired and i have the time to do this. I realize not everyone can.

I'm not retired, but I'm likely going to drive my trade (2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon) to MD as well. Unless I can sell it locally in the meantime. I'm about a month away from making that trip to MD, otherwise I'd suggest we link up and follow each other down to LA since I'm in Pittsburgh, PA. lol I also want to go over my new truck in person before I get it in my hands.

theeuroguy

Reaction score
My new one has been shipped. Plan on trading my 2020 in (a little sad), driving it down to MD from DFW, and driving my new one home. Think it is going to work out great!😊

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
My new one has been shipped. Plan on trading my 2020 in (a little sad), driving it down to MD from DFW, and driving my new one home. Think it is going to work out great!😊
Im with you on that. My 14 Laramie has been great to me and i sometimes wonder if im making a mistake, especially when i read about all the issues people have with the new ones. Also ask myself if the new truck is really worth 4 times what my 14 is worth :)

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also ask myself if the new truck is really worth 4 times what my 14 is worth :)
It isn’t.

Buying a new vehicle never makes financial sense.
It’s an irrational purchase, never an investment.

And that’s totally fine.

Just have to do yourself a favor and realize it’s ok to reward yourself and give in to a want. (Assuming all your other ducks are in a row).

It’s like a vacation or new golf clubs.

Otherwise the “value” bug won’t stop gnawing at your brain. Ever.

spyder

Reaction score
It isn’t.

And that’s totally fine.

Just have to do yourself a favor and realize it’s ok to reward yourself and give in to a want. (Assuming all your other ducks are in a row).

Yep. Reward yourself. Sometimes it's ok to spend money on things that make us happy, instead of just for financial sense.

In my case, I don't enjoy working on my daily driver and I don't have much spare time and what I do have is precious. My old truck has almost 400k miles on it and it was becoming too time intensive to keep it on the road. Every time something would go down it would consume one of my rare free days to fix it, whether it was taking it to a shop or fixing it myself. Time is more valuable than money, so I bought what I hope requires very little down time. Now, I pay a little more every month in a payment but I'm able to have a weekend to do OTHER stuff each month, like working on my old Challenger or the old Barracuda I'm likely going to pick up in the next couple of weeks, or load and shoot ridiculous amounts of ammo or go on an extra elk hunt each year. :D

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It isn’t.

And that’s totally fine.

Otherwise the “value” bug won’t stop gnawing at your brain. Ever.
I agree that vehicles are generally not a good investment in the traditional sense (i.e. they don't generally appreciate in value) but in some cases a new vehicle can make financial sense in the right situation and considering other factors. I live in an urban area with work, kids school and most everything I regularly access within 10 miles of home so I drive very few miles compared to an average person - as such when comparing lease/loan balance to market value my vehicles have always had positive equity for the first 2-3 years of ownership that offset the payments made and allowed me to have substantial trade equity on upgrades. This factor combined with the lack of maint costs, full warranty for repairs and low insurance costs based on anti-theft and safety features made for an attractive financial picture. In addition for me there is the less tangible factor that the newer vehicles are measurably safer for my family which holds a perceived and potentially real value in the case of an accident. In the end these factors combine with the desire to treat myself and allow me to justify the ever increasing costs!

spyder

Reaction score
Taking your significant other out for a fancy dinner isn't a sound financial investment either, but it's oftentimes an excellent idea.

Nor is buying custom fitted boots, merino wool underwear, or putting that lift and big wheels and tires on your truck. So what. Doing things just because you want to, without concern for how it's going to bring you more money in the future, is perfectly acceptable.

mplaramie

Reaction score
Anyone know what incentives have changed from Nov to Dec? Any news on Jan incentives? Asking because my new Ram is set for a Jan 4th delivery. My deal was done based on Nov incentives and like everyone, I want to see if current incentives may save me a couple more bucks.

stevieb92

Reaction score
Yep. Reward yourself. Sometimes it's ok to spend money on things that make us happy, instead of just for financial sense.

In my case, I don't enjoy working on my daily driver and I don't have much spare time and what I do have is precious. My old truck has almost 400k miles on it and it was becoming too time intensive to keep it on the road. Every time something would go down it would consume one of my rare free days to fix it, whether it was taking it to a shop or fixing it myself. Time is more valuable than money, so I bought what I hope requires very little down time. Now, I pay a little more every month in a payment but I'm able to have a weekend to do OTHER stuff each month, like working on my old Challenger or the old Barracuda I'm likely going to pick up in the next couple of weeks, or load and shoot ridiculous amounts of ammo or go on an extra elk hunt each year. :D

I couldn't agree more! Especially the loading and shooting part! :D

Users who are viewing this thread