5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Picked mine up from MD today also. Very nice experience. Everything signed digitally a week ago and there was zero pressure then or today to buy any extras. I expected the traditional sit down with a guy selling gap insurance or this n that. Totally pain and b/s free experience !
Well done MD !!
Truck runs fine, but i gotta say it sure isnt very smooth off the line. I left auto start active, and if i applied just the right amount of throttle, i could get it smooth, but its touchy. Only have a few hundred miles on it, so hopefully it'll come around.
Did they go over features etc with you? Any issues with panels, trim, leaks, paint?

Egret

Reaction score
Picked mine up from MD today also. Very nice experience. Everything signed digitally a week ago and there was zero pressure then or today to buy any extras. I expected the traditional sit down with a guy selling gap insurance or this n that. Totally pain and b/s free experience !
Well done MD !!
Truck runs fine, but i gotta say it sure isnt very smooth off the line. I left auto start active, and if i applied just the right amount of throttle, i could get it smooth, but its touchy. Only have a few hundred miles on it, so hopefully it'll come around.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing the experience at MD. I’m sure it was an awesome day driving it off the lot - happy for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Congratulations and thanks for sharing the experience at MD. I’m sure it was an awesome day driving it off the lot - happy for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks guys. After driving almost 1100 miles, i was not in the best frame of mind. Derek showed me a ton of things about the truck and we took a short test drive. I absorbed about 10 % of what he told me - This truck is tech overload and im going to take a long time to learn it.

First thing i gotta figure out is how to enlarge the tiny video from the back up camera. My 8.4" screen in my MY14 was far better - In fact it about the best backup video ive seen any where !
Hope this one can be made at least as good !

Great experience at MD - They should be proud of all they do !!

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I met Aaron G at Mark Dodge, nice to associate a face with the name. I guess he's the general sales manager now. He was very complementary and thankful of the fifth GEN ram forum for turning their business model around.

Seems like a totally down to earth guy.

My only glitch with the whole process was whoever cleaned the truck before I picked it up just wiped all the dash, gauges and buttons and unknowingly shut off the interior dome lights and instrumentation panel brightness.

So as I was driving home at night, and those interior lights were supposed to come on, I couldn't see a thing on the instrument, panel or navigation screen. Kind of panicked, thought I blew a fuse or something But then I remembered that dimmer lights probably have a control switch.

I'm still having to read the manual to figure out what's going on with the lighting but that was the only glitch.

Mileage with the 3.92 gears was 18.6 for the 800 mile average home at 70 or 75 mph with almost no use of cruise because of break-in.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
I met Aaron G at Mark Dodge, nice to associate a face with the name. I guess he's the general sales manager now. He was very complementary and thankful of the fifth GEN ram forum for turning their business model around.

Seems like a totally down to earth guy.

My only glitch with the whole process was whoever cleaned the truck before I picked it up just wiped all the dash, gauges and buttons and unknowingly shut off the interior dome lights and instrumentation panel brightness.

So as I was driving home at night, and those interior lights were supposed to come on, I couldn't see a thing on the instrument, panel or navigation screen. Kind of panicked, thought I blew a fuse or something But then I remembered that dimmer lights probably have a control switch.

I'm still having to read the manual to figure out what's going on with the lighting but that was the only glitch.

Mileage with the 3.92 gears was 18.6 for the 800 mile average home at 70 or 75 mph with almost no use of cruise because of break-in.
Had similar issues with display lighting on the way home. Pitch dark outside and the big screen is lit up like the sun blinding me so bad i almost pulled over to figure it out. Dimmer control didnt seem to do much, and as im fiddling with it it suddenly went into night mode. Hope thats adjustable somewhere.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Had similar issues with display lighting on the way home. Pitch dark outside and the big screen is lit up like the sun blinding me so bad i almost pulled over to figure it out. Dimmer control didnt seem to do much, and as im fiddling with it it suddenly went into night mode. Hope thats adjustable somewhere.
Let me know if you figure it out, I haven't yet.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Let me know if you figure it out, I haven't yet.
I could not find a setting for the display screen night mode activation, but driving the next night, it went into night mode at around 5:30 pm. I didnt notice if the auto headlights came on at the same time and therefore its tripped by that circuit. That would make sense i guess, but i didnt notice.
In the meantime i turned down the daytime brightness from its default max setting of 10, meaning its able to melt trees, to a manageable 7.
Will monitor.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Friendly warning to all of you that venture down to Mark Dodge - Dont speed in Louisiana !!!
$236 fine for overdoing it in a 45 zone, in some tiny little dot of a town ! GRRRRRR
My fault of course, but i had a 900 mile drive to do that day, and my new unfamiliar Ram GPS took me on a leisurely country drive :) :)
AND - Dont trust the GPS speed notifications ! As im talking to the officer, my heads up display is showing 55 !!

Just as well I got a great deal at MD :)

stevieb92

Reaction score
Friendly warning to all of you that venture down to Mark Dodge - Dont speed in Louisiana !!!
$236 fine for overdoing it in a 45 zone, in some tiny little dot of a town ! GRRRRRR
My fault of course, but i had a 900 mile drive to do that day, and my new unfamiliar Ram GPS took me on a leisurely country drive :) :)
AND - Dont trust the GPS speed notifications ! As im talking to the officer, my heads up display is showing 55 !!

Just as well I got a great deal at MD :)

That sucks to hear about the ticket. How much over were you? I'm heading to MD in a couple weeks.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
That sucks to hear about the ticket. How much over were you? I'm heading to MD in a couple weeks.
I was 15 over. I just never saw the 45 sign. Still, considering i drove over 2100 miles in 3 days with the vast majority of it over the speed limit, i guess my number came up :)
Side note - If you come into Lake Charles from the East on route 10, the Atchafalaya bridge is incredible - something like 18 miles long !!

stevieb92

Reaction score
I was 15 over. I just never saw the 45 sign. Still, considering i drove over 2100 miles in 3 days with the vast majority of it over the speed limit, i guess my number came up :)
Side note - If you come into Lake Charles from the East on route 10, the Atchafalaya bridge is incredible - something like 18 miles long !!

Yikes, yeah 15 over is likely to get a ticket most places. Sucks anyway. I'm most likely using a similar route as you since I'm departing from PIttsburgh. That bridge sounds cool!

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Yikes, yeah 15 over is likely to get a ticket most places. Sucks anyway. I'm most likely using a similar route as you since I'm departing from PIttsburgh. That bridge sounds cool!
I was a solid 10-12 mph over almost the entire trip down… I didn't see many LEOs out in Al. There were quite a few in La though.
Sorry about your ticket. Don't know if its worth one of those ticket attorneys… son used one in Al years ago and finally got the ticket dismissed after the officer didn't show, but it took 18 months and likely cost him as much as the ticket would have. Just saved him the points on his license.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
I was a solid 10-12 mph over almost the entire trip down… I didn't see many LEOs out in Al. There were quite a few in La though.
Sorry about your ticket. Don't know if its worth one of those ticket attorneys… son used one in Al years ago and finally got the ticket dismissed after the officer didn't show, but it took 18 months and likely cost him as much as the ticket would have. Just saved him the points on his license.
Ive paid it already - Pissed for a few days but in a week ill have moved on - LOL !

mplaramie

Reaction score
Reworked my custom ordered 24 Laramie deal and saved some additional cash. MSRP $79,350 - $17,500 (discounts & rebates) = $61,850. Still yet to do the TDM cash. Also got $2k more for my trade than anywhere else. Bonus was I also got to keep my wheels and tires from my 23 Ram for the new Ram.

Last edited:

f.zanetti

Reaction score
Another happy Mark Dodge customer here!

Picked up a 2024 Limited Night Edition, Granite, 5.7 E-torque, Limited level 1, 3.92, 33 gal tank, bed utility group, panoramic sunroof, etc.

RAM 1500 road.png

The whole process was definitely the easiest I have ever experienced in purchasing a vehicle and I have bought many many cars before and delivery was perfect. Road trip back to Massachusetts was uneventful and we got to spend time in Alabama, Mississipi, Tennessee, and Virginia on the way back with an average of 17mpg traveling between 70-80mph.

Pricing was great as well (pretty much what you see online is what you get plus a few doc fees) and @AnthonyRI helped tremendously - thanks buddy!

Looking forward to learning and interacting with this esteemed group of owners here!

Whete’swaldo

Reaction score
I just bought a brand new 2023 Ram Bighorn 5.7 4x4 sport with level 2 for $44500. Original MSRP was $62,615. National rebate was 15% plus an additional 13% from the mark dodge. It was a great deal and a great experience. Thanks to Anthony and the Mark Dodge staff for making it all seamless.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Another happy Mark Dodge customer here!

Picked up a 2024 Limited Night Edition, Granite, 5.7 E-torque, Limited level 1, 3.92, 33 gal tank, bed utility group, panoramic sunroof, etc.

View attachment 173782

The whole process was definitely the easiest I have ever experienced in purchasing a vehicle and I have bought many many cars before and delivery was perfect. Road trip back to Massachusetts was uneventful and we got to spend time in Alabama, Mississipi, Tennessee, and Virginia on the way back with an average of 17mpg traveling between 70-80mph.

Pricing was great as well (pretty much what you see online is what you get plus a few doc fees) and @AnthonyRI helped tremendously - thanks buddy!

Looking forward to learning and interacting with this esteemed group of owners here!
Thank you!!!! Hey didn't we tell you to drive slow on the way back??

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I just bought a brand new 2023 Ram Bighorn 5.7 4x4 sport with level 2 for $44500. Original MSRP was $62,615. National rebate was 15% plus an additional 13% from the mark dodge. It was a great deal and a great experience. Thanks to Anthony and the Mark Dodge staff for making it all seamless.
Thanks!! Y'all made my job easy!

I have a Bighorn on order for myself... '24..... waiting without a build date.... I'm hoping I get a build date before the rest of those bighorns on the lot are sold - that's my parachute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online