5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Add me to the Mark Dodge/RAM list. Mine was a year end clearance 23 Limited level 1 4x. MSRP of $78, after RAM and dealer discounts they took off $18K. I got another 500 for military and they raised the trade value 2K up to KBB high end, so the sales tax savings made that fair to me.

The whole thing took 3.5 hours of texting and emails/zoom call while I was at work, including the loan paperwork and e-signing. While I don't have a 1200 mile drive, mine is 800 and that's far enough! Going down there on Thursday.

I worked with Charles there. Can't say enough about that dealer’s willingness to sell a unit.

Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Oh, maybe this should go under the "extended warranty" search results but that brings up a 14 page forum sponsor discussion (Grainger Motors) about their pricing and plans.

I remembered that the Ziegler group was about the least expensive online Mopar extended warranty plan from my 2019, so I looked them up again.

Being that the prices tend to go up every January (appx 5% it seems) and every 12 months or 12000 miles on your truck there's another increase, I chose to get a quote now on the Max care $100 deductible plan with my 00034 miles on the new truck.

The 7 year, 75K miles plan (after using the PAY IN FULL discount code) !! came down $395 to $1395.

For us the warranty time is much more important than mileage as she puts on less than 10K a year.

Just remember that any extended warranty is from the in-service date so in my case I am only extending the bumper to bumper coverage for an additional 4 years and 39,000 miles, not really 7 years/75K.

Yes the powertrain is 5 years/60K but I'm not too concerned about what's "inside" the engine and transmission, it's the electricals, 12" screen, AC, Navigation, 360 cameras, power steps, air suspension etc that's more likely going to break, not the hemi or the ZF.

So if this helps anyone, check Ziegler out. My dealer finance guy said they don't sell factory authorized Mopar warranties (??), they use some super special 3rd party. I didn't like hearing that so I refused to even consider it.

Last edited:

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes the powertrain is 5 years/60K but I'm not too concerned about what's "inside" the engine and transmission, it's the electricals, 12" screen, AC, Navigation, 360 cameras, power steps, air suspension etc that's more likely going to break, not the hemi or the ZF.

I agree with this and feel it doesn’t get enough attention.

Mfrs will tout their powertrain warranty, but the bumper to bumper coverage is usually not near as long. That’s the more important warranty with as complex as vehicles are these days.

Which makes me wonder… which elements fall under “Powertrain” warranty on EVs? Or do they even draw the distinction (which IMO there shouldn’t be one e Fr ICE either).

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I agree with this and feel it doesn’t get enough attention.

Mfrs will tout their powertrain warranty, but the bumper to bumper coverage is usually not near as long. That’s the more important warranty with as complex as vehicles are these days.

Which makes me wonder… which elements fall under “Powertrain” warranty on EVs? Or do they even draw the distinction (which IMO there shouldn’t be one e Fr ICE either).
Thats a good question on the EV's.
Side note the much vaunted KIA 10 year/100K is only powertrain. Their B2B is 5/60K which is pretty good.
Taken from KIA.com-warranty:
"Our industry-leading Kia 10-year/100,000-mile warranty program is a testament to our commitment to quality. The Kia 10-year/100,000 mile warranty consists of:
• 10-year/100,000 mile limited powertrain warranty
• 5-year/60,000 mile limited basic warranty

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I just checked my selling dealer for his price on new left over 2023 2500’s. They are doing the 20% discounts still but damn those trucks are spendy!

He had like four 2500’s, all diesel (wonder why no 6.4 hemis) and one was a limited that MSRPd for $99 and some change.

This is getting ridiculous, well it has been for some time now.

6of36

Reaction score
Add me to the Mark Dodge/RAM list. Mine was a year end clearance 23 Limited level 1 4x. MSRP of $78, after RAM and dealer discounts they took off $18K. I got another 500 for military and they raised the trade value 2K up to KBB high end, so the sales tax savings made that fair to me.

The whole thing took 3.5 hours of texting and emails/zoom call while I was at work, including the loan paperwork and e-signing. While I don't have a 1200 mile drive, mine is 800 and that's far enough! Going down there on Thursday.

I worked with Charles there. Can't say enough about that dealer’s willingness to sell a unit.
Tell Charles you heard he was 6'-2". He's a great guy.

6of36

Reaction score
Thats a good question on the EV's.
Side note the much vaunted KIA 10 year/100K is only powertrain. Their B2B is 5/60K which is pretty good.
Taken from KIA.com-warranty:
"Our industry-leading Kia 10-year/100,000-mile warranty program is a testament to our commitment to quality. The Kia 10-year/100,000 mile warranty consists of:
• 10-year/100,000 mile limited powertrain warranty
• 5-year/60,000 mile limited basic warranty
The Kia warranty is also only the original purchaser. My daughter found that out when her used Hyundai ( parent company) engine blew. Ram, like almost every other company, transfers their factory warranty.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Thats tough. Manufacturers seem to try and get out of things more than try to cover them.

i’ve always thought that if the big 3 were better at trying to help owners out they'd reap more return sales and goodwill than by trying to get out of every possible claim.

Some owners have been barely over their 3/36 or 5/60 when they have had a major issue and have been told “no coverage” when most anyone could tell the issue had been going prior to the last week or month the warranty expired.

6of36

Reaction score
Thats tough. Manufacturers seem to try and get out of things more than try to cover them.

i’ve always thought that if the big 3 were better at trying to help owners out they'd reap more return sales and goodwill than by trying to get out of every possible claim.

Some owners have been barely over their 3/36 or 5/60 when they have had a major issue and have been told “no coverage” when most anyone could tell the issue had been going prior to the last week or month the warranty expired.
As a former Mopar mechanic, I can tell you they do. Back then, they had actual factory reps either full time, or a couple times a week, at each dealer. They could make determinations on the spot. Now you have to contact the company. Some dealers are better than others. Some will blow it off, and some work with you. I have seen transmissions, and rear axles replaced after warranty expired. Sometimes the eat it all, or I have seen them split the cost.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Kia warranty is also only the original purchaser. My daughter found that out when her used Hyundai ( parent company) engine blew. Ram, like almost every other company, transfers their factory warranty.
This is only partial information. The Kia warranties do transfer to subsequent owners, it’s just that the Powertrain warranty switches from 10/100,000 to 5/60,000. All other warranties remain the same.

6of36

Reaction score
This is only partial information. The Kia warranties do transfer to subsequent owners, it’s just that the Powertrain warranty switches from 10/100,000 to 5/60,000. All other warranties remain the same.
The problem is, all their engines blow at about 65,000 miles. Even if it blows before that 60,000 miles, it's an 18 month wait for repairs. I think the class action suit has over 50,000 people in it.

RedFred

Reaction score
Why do we keep talking about Kia's? If I cared to talk about Kia's, I would be on the Kia forum.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Ha ha, found out one of the reasons I got some extra percentage off my truck, the new one. It's been on their lot for 189 days!

I told the salesman I did not want a lot rot issue and the batteries would have to be verified to be good as well as tires, brakes, leakage, etc. He wrote me back and said they had a two page document that had to be gone through within two days of my arrival so it should be getting looked at today.

I didn't think a dealer would keep a vehicle on the lot that long but surprisingly I found one somewhere else on car guru that was brand new that had been on their website 244 days!

Last edited:

Egret

Reaction score
Ha ha, found out one of the reasons I got some extra percentage off my truck, the new one. It's been on there a lot for 189 days!

I told the salesman I did not want a lot rot issue and the batteries would have to be verified to be good as well as tires, brakes, leakage, etc. He wrote me back and said they had a two page document that had to be gone through within two days of my arrival so it should be getting looked at today.

I didn't think a dealer would keep a vehicle on the lot that long but surprisingly I found one somewhere else on car guru that was brand new that had been on their website 244 days!
Truck inventory has been growing and aging... and there are lots of trucks with this kind of age and even higher. It's likely to get worse before it gets better for manufacturers and dealers. But its good right now for consumers who want to buy a truck.

Raabs

Reaction score
Bought from MD today. $18% ($15000) off MSRP 2024 Limited.Shipping for $600 and still is thousands less than others that were maximum 10-12% off. Of course, then a 10% dealer will match their price (but still was not as good). If they only started there, I would have bought local.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Bought from MD today. $18% ($15000) off MSRP 2024 Limited.Shipping for $600 and still is thousands less than others that were maximum 10-12% off. Of course, then a 10% dealer will match their price (but still was not as good). If they only started there, I would have bought local.
Dang thats good and a 2024 to boot!

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Picked mine up from MD today also. Very nice experience. Everything signed digitally a week ago and there was zero pressure then or today to buy any extras. I expected the traditional sit down with a guy selling gap insurance or this n that. Totally pain and b/s free experience !
Well done MD !!
Truck runs fine, but i gotta say it sure isnt very smooth off the line. I left auto start active, and if i applied just the right amount of throttle, i could get it smooth, but its touchy. Only have a few hundred miles on it, so hopefully it'll come around.

Users who are viewing this thread