5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

rmonte4

Reaction score
"($1,000) PenFed member rebate (just open an account with $1, 2 months before you purchase)"

Was this rebate something you were able to add to your own negotiated deal? It didn't require using pentagon's buying service?

How I understand this rebate is that u do not need to use PenFed to finance. Just need to be a member for a minimum of 2 months before purchase (or delivery of ur truck). This $1k is an addition to the typical RAM rebates offered per trim. BUT this cannot be stacked on top of certain rebates, ie: military, Sam’s club, USAA, truck conquest. You have to just pick one and roll with it. penfed is $1k so it’s one of the top ‘additional’ rebates along with $1k truck conquest.
Someone may be able to add info..

blugemini

Reaction score
hi guys -

first-time posting, but I want to thank everyone for some valuable info on this forum....I was definitely able to learn alot about where the current pricing, disc, rebates should be. That said I wanted to contribute with the info on my deal as well to add to the data. I'm based near Boston and had been searching for the Limited 1500 in Billet Silver w/blk interior and they were extremely sparse in MA & NH & CT....had a few 'near deals' with MA dealers for blk on blk but ultimately wanted my color choice. Ended up purchasing from Security Dodge/Ram in NY (long island) on 1/2/19 (last day of year for them).
this was 2019 Ram 1500 Limited 4x4, with msrp of 68,755.
Dealer discount brought the truck down to 59k, then 4k in rebates that i qualified for which were the ones everyone qualifies for plus a conquest lease (500), plus a TreadLightly FCA discount of 1% invoice (approx 630), then they threw in 4 ram-bucks coupons for additional $1000. Only thing i couldn't use was the Sam's club b/c they cant do that plus the treadlightly.
Final price was $55k even (20% msrp) so i was psyched about deal....excited to pick up my truck next tuesday!
As a note I did not have a trade-in, and i had my own financing so I was basically a cash-deal to them. My MA 6.25% tax was on top of that and a $75 dealer-ppwk fee.
It definitely helped being end of year and they were shooting for 500 cars in month of December...they are a high-vol dealer and one of the top in country.
Thanks again for all the great info in this forum....Happy 2019!

professorwest

Reaction score
The new January Incentives right of the bat blow chunks - much worse Nov > Oct > Dec > January

Edit - for the 4x4 Limited

Last edited:

JayMann

Reaction score
The new January Incentives right of the bat blow chunks - much worse Nov > Oct > Dec > January

couldn't have said it better myself - at this point i may just throw new tires on my current ride and wait until Nov again

Creep0321

Reaction score
AC8702DE-0573-41DE-9BF3-232789982E3B.png This is for the Laramie 4x4 in the SE. so if I’m reading correctly, 2750 (plus my USAA 1000) AND can do 0% for 36 month? Granted I’m not taking deliver till April/March.... but just trying to understand.

JayMann

Reaction score
someone correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the rebates (on laramies at least) like almost $4k in November?

rmonte4

Reaction score
couldn't have said it better myself - at this point i may just throw new tires on my current ride and wait until Nov again
1546620599863.png

For Big Horns in Texas, pretty sure this was the same discount given in December. So net 0 for me.

schoon85

Reaction score
I was eligible for $4250 + another $500 from Sams when I purchased my Laramie on 12/29. But with the dealer discount I got, the interest would've been more than the rebates so took the 0% from Chrysler

glennf14

Reaction score
I know the 0/72 deal was one or the other, but where does it say that for the 0/36 month deal?
I heard that you can combine with the 0 for 36 months. A member posted about it on this thread several pages back. But I'd call a dealer (or two) to double check.

Bram2019

Reaction score
In Northeast rebates the same on Big Horn. They were never any good on the rest of the models.

Cannonball

Reaction score
I heard that you can combine with the 0 for 36 months. A member posted about it on this thread several pages back. But I'd call a dealer (or two) to double check.
Yea that was me lol. The fca offer i took showed 0% / 36 and $1500 cash allowance in the same offer box. I then stacked my USAA on to make 2500 off with 0% for a limited.

Here is an example for what it would look like if you could combined it:
Screenshot_2018-12-03-19-43-38.png

But as you mentioned, contacting a dealer or two is more accurate. I hope you @Creep0321 get to combined though!

glennf14

Reaction score
Yea that was me lol. The fca offer i took showed 0% / 36 and $1500 cash allowance in the same offer box. I then stacked my USAA on to make 2500 off with 0% for a limited.

But as you mentioned, contacting a dealer or two is more accurate. I hope you @Creep0321 get to combined though!

Thank you sir!

Creep0321

Reaction score

View attachment 12672

I’ve got till April 2 to pick mine up :( we’ll see what it is then....

Users who are viewing this thread