5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Whete’swaldo

Reaction score
I am pretty new this forum and first time purchase truck. Is this a good deal?
2023 Big Horn Crew 4x4 Base Price: $52,420, MSRP: $61,850
SALE PRICE: $47,350 tax 7% $3,315 TTL, reg, and doc fee: $695 OTD $51,360
That’s not a bad deal.

westcoast

Reaction score
Some dealers I already know before looking at their inventory that they almost never have any with the 33 gallon tank. I guess it's the way they do their ordering. The dealership closest to me never has any while some other dealerships I look at would always have a few of their trucks optioned with the larger fuel tank. Both of the 1500's I owned, had the larger tank. Last thing I want is to go to a smaller tank. And now with the e-torque engines, many of the trucks are coming with the even smaller 23 gallon tank.
Stellantis better reverse the forced ETORQUE on all engines

disarm

Reaction score
I finalized my order with Koons and it was officially submitted this morning...went with a pretty loaded 2024 Limited Night Edition.

MSRP $86,055 marked down to $73,997 after Koons standard discount (6.2% off invoice) and another 1.5% off for Tread Lightly. End result is 14% off MSRP.

And now the wait...

Last edited:

Whete’swaldo

Reaction score
Bighorns will have expanded 10% off standalone (instock, no lease) from Ram now expanded to cover V8 and V6 (last month was V6 only)
Laramie's got a little better stack on incentives but still depends on your region
Both have a 2.9% APR option
(This is all for instock 2023s, not 24 orders)

Will post up more detail when they're actually published tomorrow, seems today was just verbal
Anthony did you ever get the specifics where you can post them?

RedFred

Reaction score
I finalized my order with Koons and it was officially submitted this morning...went with a pretty loaded 2024 Limited Night Edition.

MSRP $86,055 marked down to $73,997 after Koons standard discount (6.2% off invoice) and another 1.5% off for Tread Lightly. End result is 14% off MSRP.

And now the wait...
How does the Tread Lightly thing work? I see it's a $100 to join. Can you sign up today and use the discount tomorrow?

disarm

Reaction score
How does the Tread Lightly thing work? I see it's a $100 to join. Can you sign up today and use the discount tomorrow?
You have to sign up for the $100 membership through the Tread Lightly website and be a member for 30 days before you're eligible for the affiliate discount. Within a couple weeks of signing up, you receive a membership letter and after 30 days are able to sign up through the Stellantis website for a code. Your dealer will need both of these pieces of information in order to process the discount.

Technically, the affiliate program is supposed to get you a price 1% below invoice, but both Koons and Mark Dodge do it differently because they're already priced below invoice. Koons gave me an additional 1.5% off their usual deal and MD does another 1%. It's not big money, but both get you more money back than the $100 membership cost.

O'Town Ram

I know less and less about more and more
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Great price for a limited.

Littlejoe81

Reaction score

And now the wait...
A few years back here is the deal I scored.. I modified the truck a little, with take off wheels, led tail lights and night edition head lights. I researched for two years.

Last edited:

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Anthony did you ever get the specifics where you can post them?
OK bare with me.
Bighorns come out to about 23% off MSRP if you skip the 2.9% promo apr AND qualify for the items below (CCAP, Loyalty)
Laramies come out to about 24% off MSRP if you skip the 2.9% promo apr AND qualify for the items below (CCAP, Loyalty)

2023 BIGHORNS 1500 - Affiliate should work with all of these for $500 extra off @ MD
Standalone 10% Off MSRP Retail Bonus Cash (this is the one that does not go with TDM coupons, leases, promotional APRs - 'standalone'
MARK DODGE discount will bring this to $14K off 4x4s and $13K off 4x2s
- OR -
2.9%/72 APR Standalone (Says southwest but I believe this is in every region, again, standalone meaning not with other programs)
+ MARK DODGE discount (specific to each vin on lot)
- OR -
$1K CCAP Bonus Cash (if financing with CCAP, but NOT at that 2.9%)
$2K Bonus Cash
$1K Retail Loyalty Bonus Cash (if had Stellantis vehicle registered your name for 30+ days within last 365 days)
$1K TDM online coupon
(Could be extra rebates in other regions, these are the national ones, nothing extra in SW region)

2023 LARAMIE 1500 - Affiliate should work with all of these for $500 extra off @ MD
2.9%/72 APR Standalone (Says southwest but I believe this is in every region, again, standalone meaning not with other programs)
$10K MARK DODGE discount on 4x4s
- OR -
$2K SW Retail Bonus Cash
$2K Bonus Cash
$1K Retail Loyalty Bonus Cash (if had Stellantis vehicle registered your name for 30+ days within last 365 days)
$1K TDM online coupon
(Could be extra rebates in other regions, these are the national ones, nothing extra in SW region)

If you see one at markdodge.net that you like, you can email us at [email protected] and we'll check availability etc.
Then we'll pass you over to an on-site sales person since these are in-stock items (that way we don't have two+ people selling the same truck simultaneously.
We can also search thruogh trucks that are no their way here in transit.

JDGRam19

Reaction score
OK bare with me.
Bighorns come out to about 23% off MSRP if you skip the 2.9% promo apr AND qualify for the items below (CCAP, Loyalty)
Laramies come out to about 24% off MSRP if you skip the 2.9% promo apr AND qualify for the items below (CCAP, Loyalty)

2023 BIGHORNS 1500 - Affiliate should work with all of these for $500 extra off @ MD
Standalone 10% Off MSRP Retail Bonus Cash (this is the one that does not go with TDM coupons, leases, promotional APRs - 'standalone'
MARK DODGE discount will bring this to $14K off 4x4s and $13K off 4x2s
- OR -
- OR -
$2K Bonus Cash
$1K TDM online coupon

2023 LARAMIE 1500 - Affiliate should work with all of these for $500 extra off @ MD
- OR -
$2K SW Retail Bonus Cash
$2K Bonus Cash
$1K TDM online coupon

If you see one at markdodge.net that you like, you can email us at [email protected] and we'll check availability etc.
Then we'll pass you over to an on-site sales person since these are in-stock items (that way we don't have two+ people selling the same truck simultaneously.
We can also search thruogh trucks that are no their way here in transit.
Do you see the incentives on the '23 Limited going up any close to what is on the Laramie?

7VII7

Reaction score
I would be all over this deal for Laramie if they had 360 Camera, Sunroof, and Night Edition, what great deals!

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would be all over this deal for Laramie if they had 360 Camera, Sunroof, and Night Edition, what great deals!
I'm guessing you mean you just can't find one with those features on a lot? They definetly offered those 3 options on 2023 Laramies with level B, night package and optional sunroof add-on.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
the msrp game ram is playing it a joke, my 21 limited was only 2k more sticker than my 22 lonestar, they have sold a lot of these and now think they can sell them no matter what they do, I have bought 4 but the quality post covid has been in decline, time to shop around

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I could get my '21 ordered now as a '23 it would be $7K more. You would probably add another $2-2.5K for a '24.

Malodave

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
4 minutes in they talk about Ram’s. It’s no wonder sales are dropping. Preying on fools is never a good long term business model. These dealers deserve to go out of business and why Dealers like Mark Dodge are thriving in a tough market.

Last edited:

RedFred

Reaction score
4 minutes in they talk about Ram’s. It’s no wonder sales are dropping. Preying on fools is never a good long term business model. These dealers deserve to go out of business and why Dealers like Mark Dodge are thriving in a tough market.

This is exactly why I still haven't purchased a new RAM and might not even buy a RAM again. I have been spending some time looking at other options and some mid size suv's trying to find something else. Dealerships in NJ expect me to pay much more than others are paying around the country. I could buy out of state, which is an option, but just makes the whole buying process that much more difficult foe me, especially since I would like to trade in my current truck.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
This is exactly why I still haven't purchased a new RAM and might not even buy a RAM again. I have been spending some time looking at other options and some mid size suv's trying to find something else. Dealerships in NJ expect me to pay much more than others are paying around the country. I could buy out of state, which is an option, but just makes the whole buying process that much more difficult foe me, especially since I would like to trade in my current truck.
Whether you buy from Mark Dodge or not, I think you should look a little further into it - may be easier than you think. And trade-in may still be worth it to ship/drive, or skip it and sell it outright - there are more options, and higher demand, for selling your current vehicle than in years past.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
CarEdge is good folks - they do a LITTLE bit of "sky is falling" for my taste, but that's what gets views. Their online forum is legit helpful for many buyers (all brands, seems very Mazda focused lately for whatever reason) and I've met their entire team of Car Coaches. It's a shame that's necessary, but apparently that's where we're at. We joined them as a "trusted dealer" last month, still TBD on exactyly what that entails, it's a growing part of their business. but so far I've enjoyed and appreciated all of my interactions with those people.

Users who are viewing this thread