5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

RedFred

Reaction score
That's where I'm at. I love my '21 Rebel but want a bigger bed and bigger fuel tank. I haven't found a single truck with the 33 gallon tank. Haven't been looking real hard, but have yet to see one on a lot when I do.
Some dealers I already know before looking at their inventory that they almost never have any with the 33 gallon tank. I guess it's the way they do their ordering. The dealership closest to me never has any while some other dealerships I look at would always have a few of their trucks optioned with the larger fuel tank. Both of the 1500's I owned, had the larger tank. Last thing I want is to go to a smaller tank. And now with the e-torque engines, many of the trucks are coming with the even smaller 23 gallon tank.

RedFred

Reaction score
That's where I'm at. I love my '21 Rebel but want a bigger bed and bigger fuel tank. I haven't found a single truck with the 33 gallon tank. Haven't been looking real hard, but have yet to see one on a lot when I do.
Also, according to posts up above, you won't be finding any 33 gallon optioned trucks on the lots soon, as it will become a custom order option only.

disarm

Reaction score
I share your sentiments. I have been frustrated with dealers near me in the NJ area. So much so, that I am actually starting to consider other trucks or suv's.
I couldn't get anyone local in CT to give me a reasonable offer on a Limited order, so I reached out to Mark Dodge (LA) and Koons (VA) on Friday...had nearly identical offers back from both within 20 minutes. When I passed those numbers on to a local dealer (saying only that it was from someone out of state), he said he would lose $3k if he sold a truck for that price and wished me luck. Now I just need to pick one of those two and pull the trigger.

For a Limited order, MD is straight up 12.5% off MSRP as others have said, and Koons gives you 6.2% off invoice price right now. Both also offer a further discount for affiliates (Tread Lightly), another 1% for MD and 1.5% for Koons.

If you really want a Ram and live in the northeast, it's really a no brainer to give up shopping locally.

RedFred

Reaction score
If you really want a Ram and live in the northeast, it's really a no brainer to give up shopping locally.

That is the sad truth. And it's not just Ram dealers in the northeast either. Went shopping for my wife last week, we looked at a fully loaded Kia Telluride. MSRP was $54k and local dealer had it marked up an additional $7k, so price was $61k. Meanwhile in other parts of the country, dealers are selling the same car with no markup.

Drew87

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That is the sad truth. And it's not just Ram dealers in the northeast either. Went shopping for my wife last week, we looked at a fully loaded Kia Telluride. MSRP was $54k and local dealer had it marked up an additional $7k, so price was $61k. Meanwhile in other parts of the country, dealers are selling the same car with no markup.
We just bought a KIA Sorento for my wife at MSRP from Jim Butler Kia here is St. Louis. They sell all cars at MSRP. They gave us the highest trade value for my wife's Lexus out of about 7 dealerships.

7VII7

Reaction score
Koons and Mark Dodge are doing 2024 models now. Does anyone know if these are redesign or same ol same ol?

RedFred

Reaction score
Koons and Mark Dodge are doing 2024 models now. Does anyone know if these are redesign or same ol same ol?
Same old, same old is correct. 2025 should bring some kind of refresh at least.

disarm

Reaction score
Same and MD told me production won't be starting until August. If you order now, it will be a 2024 and at least 4-5 weeks before there's even a chance of starting the build process.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
You still think they will be released today?
Bighorns will have expanded 10% off standalone (instock, no lease) from Ram now expanded to cover V8 and V6 (last month was V6 only)
Laramie's got a little better stack on incentives but still depends on your region
Both have a 2.9% APR option
(This is all for instock 2023s, not 24 orders)

Will post up more detail when they're actually published tomorrow, seems today was just verbal

RedFred

Reaction score
Local dealer has a truck optioned exactly like I would want it. Being in NJ, there is no shot at getting a decent deal so most likely I pass on even trying. 😫

poopoo

Reaction score
I am pretty new this forum and first time purchase truck. Is this a good deal?
2023 Big Horn Crew 4x4 Base Price: $52,420, MSRP: $61,850
SALE PRICE: $47,350 tax 7% $3,315 TTL, reg, and doc fee: $695 OTD $51,360

RedFred

Reaction score
I am pretty new this forum and first time purchase truck. Is this a good deal?
2023 Big Horn Crew 4x4 Base Price: $52,420, MSRP: $61,850
SALE PRICE: $47,350 tax 7% $3,315 TTL, reg, and doc fee: $695 OTD $51,360
All we need is MSRP and sale price. Looks like you are getting 23.5% off. That sounds pretty good to me. I say go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/