5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

RedFred

Reaction score
Mike Smith in Beaumont, TX... it was round about in terms of percentage...
I would jump on a deal like that. Unfortunately I can't even get that on 2022's still sitting on lots. 😩

TxRN

Reaction score
I would jump on a deal like that. Unfortunately I can't even get that on 2022's still sitting on lots. 😩
Don’t worry. They’ll be around. Rams aren’t selling. They are over 10% lower sales in the quarter versus last year and still declining. It’ll be soon maybe end of this month when they’ll offer it again. Where do you live? Just say the next big city over is doing 25% off msrp and if they don’t go anywhere near that just leave. Be nice tho. Salesman can encourage the sales manager to go lower on price. I went near closing time also.

RedFred

Reaction score
Don’t worry. They’ll be around. Rams aren’t selling. They are over 10% lower sales in the quarter versus last year and still declining. It’ll be soon maybe end of this month when they’ll offer it again. Where do you live? Just say the next big city over is doing 25% off msrp and if they don’t go anywhere near that just leave. Be nice tho. Salesman can encourage the sales manager to go lower on price. I went near closing time also.
I'm in NJ. Dealerships here act like they don't want to sell trucks. Maybe it's starting to change, but still no where near the discounts others are seeing in other parts of the country.

23RAM

Reaction score
I'm in NJ. Dealerships here act like they don't want to sell trucks. Maybe it's starting to change, but still no where near the discounts others are seeing in other parts of the country.
I find it varies by area, supply, and demand. A year ago we were looking at MSRP. By the end of the year we saw 10% off. We managed 13% off. Today we're seeing about 5% off. Other areas within a few hours are still pushing MSRP...it's all over the map. Go figure.

TxRN

Reaction score
Idk how it works but you can buy vehicles cross state lines and have them ship it to you. You would still save more money doing that than buying in your area. I would look into that. Houston has thousands of rams and other domestics on the lot. I see them everywhere without fail. Dealer lots are filled with them. I know there is a process for it when buying cross state lines but in the end you’ll still save a ton. If you’re up for it.

RedFred

Reaction score
Idk how it works but you can buy vehicles cross state lines and have them ship it to you. You would still save more money doing that than buying in your area. I would look into that. Houston has thousands of rams and other domestics on the lot. I see them everywhere without fail. Dealer lots are filled with them. I know there is a process for it when buying cross state lines but in the end you’ll still save a ton. If you’re up for it.
Yeah I am willing to do this for the right truck and at the right price. Ideally I would like to trade my truck in, but if I can manage to pull off a close to 25% off discount, I would buy out of state and ship the truck and not worry about a trade in.

RedFred

Reaction score
I find it varies by area, supply, and demand. A year ago we were looking at MSRP. By the end of the year we saw 10% off. We managed 13% off. Today we're seeing about 5% off. Other areas within a few hours are still pushing MSRP...it's all over the map. Go figure.
I find this to be true also. Last year there seemed to be a coordinated effort between the dealerships in my area to not sell anything below MSRP. Some dealers were $5k over, but dealers that were at MSRP wouldn't even go $1 under to make the sale. It was like an unwritten rule that they couldn't go below sticker price.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
who in dfw is doing 25, i sure havent seen it

RedFred

Reaction score
with hail damage all over them, and nothing close to 25 from what i have seen
They are having a "Hail Sale". I have never seen that before, lol. Not that I am interested in a damaged vehicle, but if I am buying a damaged car, I would expect a bigger discount.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are having a "Hail Sale". I have never seen that before, lol. Not that I am interested in a damaged vehicle, but if I am buying a damaged car, I would expect a bigger discount.
For me I think it would depend on what they mean by hail sale - if the cars had small dents without paint damage and were repairable with PDR I wouldn't be concerned if they offered a fair discount. Larger dents that crack the clear coat etc. I wouldn't want that car unless it had been repainted by a professional (not Macco) and had a good discount.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
For me I think it would depend on what they mean by hail sale - if the cars had small dents without paint damage and were repairable with PDR I wouldn't be concerned if they offered a fair discount. Larger dents that crack the clear coat etc. I wouldn't want that car unless it had been repainted by a professional (not Macco) and had a good discount.
these were a ton of small dings, def pdr but i didnt see a big enough discount to bother with it

Wildweasel61

Reaction score
I just purchased a Laramie; MSRP just over 68k, price of 56k, plus ttl, etc. Unfortunately I couldn't wait for July, and missed out on the May sales, but still just under 20% off MSRP for the easiest vehicle purchase I've ever made is fine by me. Safford Warrenton, VA.

FutchYou

Reaction score
Negotiating with a dealer on a Limited 4x4, 5.7 bed. MSRP is $81,005, is invoice a fair price ($74,931). I was hoping for closer to 10% off of MSRP, but wanted to seek some feedback. Holdback on the truck is about $2400.

Users who are viewing this thread