5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Maple

Reaction score
2019 Rebel Crew Cab 4x4
MSRP $64,485
Invoice $60,149
Holdback $1,884
FFP $59,623
EP $57,342
Sell Price $52,999
OTD $56,000 including TTL&Doc Fees
Discount off MSRP $11,486

Northern Virginia
Nice - what dealer?

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FCA paid all the fees, taxes, title etc. I didn't pay a penny. With lemon law claims the car manuafatcor is responsible for all the fees etc. Also, FCA refunded me for my tinted windows ad weather tech mats and would have had to for any other add ons but that's all i had.

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4/Granite Crystal Met./5.7–Liter V8 HEMI® MDS VVT/Premier LED Lighting Group/Sport Appearance Package/Trailer Tow Group (with effing Tow Mirrors :mad:)/Level 2 Equipment Group/3.92 Rear Axle Ratio/Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle/Panoramic Sunroof/Rear Wheelhouse Liners/Uconnect 4C NAV w/8.4" Display

MSRP $53,250
OTD after all rebates and negotiating $41,995

glennf14

Reaction score
I got a 68k truck for 53k+ttl With 0% 36months. Didn't take the 72 cause it killed the rebates. OTD came out to 58k I paid 4k in taxes. I got mine from Tyson motors in Shorewood IL.

With due respect, I shouldn't say and keep it to myself but if one is forgoing the 3k in rebates for a longer pay time. Get something cheaper you'll be underwater with the truck by year three.

Nice deal! 54k before TTL is solid. I disagree regarding the 0% for 72 months though. If someone is concerned about being underwater (you're not underwater that long) then you can buy GAP insurance from your auto insurance company for a fair price. Even if you paid a few hundred dollars for the GAP insurance you would still come out wayyyy better than if you took the incentives and financed elsewhere and paid ~4% interest. (If you take the $1500 in rebates + 0% for 36 months then more power to you (y))

Thedonandmikeshow

Reaction score
2019 Rebel Crew Cab 4x4
MSRP $64,485
Invoice $60,149
Holdback $1,884
FFP $59,623
EP $57,342
Sell Price $52,999
OTD $56,000 including TTL&Doc Fees
Discount off MSRP $11,486

Northern Virginia
Ok North Va please tell me where and who :)

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nice deal! 54k before TTL is solid. I disagree regarding the 0% for 72 months though. If someone is concerned about being underwater (you're not underwater that long) then you can buy GAP insurance from your auto insurance company for a fair price. Even if you paid a few hundred dollars for the GAP insurance you would still come out wayyyy better than if you took the incentives and financed elsewhere and paid ~4% interest. (If you take the $1500 in rebates + 0% for 36 months then more power to you (y))
Financed the whole price (truck, fees, taxes, reg) 46K at 1.9% for 60 months. Gap insurance was $90.00. Didn't even try to figure the "underwater".

Bacchus

Reaction score
Update

I cancelled my stuck Laramie (31 days and still gathering parts). Upgraded to a Limited.

MSRP 67,400
Invoice 61,581
Negotiated 57,151
Rebates 4,000 (at least)
Final 53,151 + TTF
21% off MSRP

Actually hoping for a March delivery for Ram Truck Month and maybe some better rebates.

glennf14

Reaction score
Financed the whole price (truck, fees, taxes, reg) 46K at 1.9% for 60 months. Gap insurance was $90.00. Didn't even try to figure the "underwater".
heck yea that's the way to do it :cool: nice rate too!

Runagun

Reaction score
Good deal. To help other folks here. Who was your dealer?

Update

I cancelled my stuck Laramie (31 days and still gathering parts). Upgraded to a Limited.

MSRP 67,400
Invoice 61,581
Negotiated 57,151
Rebates 4,000 (at least)
Final 53,151 + TTF
21% off MSRP

Actually hoping for a March delivery for Ram Truck Month and maybe some better rebates.

19RAMSPORTYYZ

Reaction score
Hey Guys, New Here

2019 Ram Sport
22inch Rims, Sunroof, Power running boards

All in Canadian Dollars excluding tax

MSRP 71,035
Invoice 55,536
Negotiated 46,545

All in I paid just under 53,000CAD (40,000 USD) taxes in

Used Chrysler Employee Discount

TexasCarl

Reaction score
Update

MSRP 67,400
Invoice 61,581
Negotiated 57,151
Rebates 4,000 (at least)
Final 53,151 + TTF
21% off MSRP

Good price. What rebates are you getting and how did you get them locked in? My dealer said I would get what was in at time of delivery.

professorwest

Reaction score
You ever notice that people write these great deals of 20-25% off msrp but never say what dealer or who? or provide any evidence? we all get paperwork, people have been asking for who and what dealer - but little answers. So, I would very much like to see people's deals they claim or where they got them? Is there any harm in doing that?

Last edited:

4sallypat

Reaction score
You ever notice that people write these great deals of 20-25% off invoice but never say what dealer or who? or provide any evidence? we all get paperwork, people have been asking for who and what dealer - but little answers. So, I would very much like to see people's deals they claim or where they got them? Is there any harm in doing that?
Yes I have noticed that too.
When I find out a specific dealer and approach them with the same price on a trim, the dealer laughs at me.

professorwest

Reaction score
Everyone who got that deal, please post your paperwork , black out the personal stuff, because you would be greatly helping the community - there are like dozens of people who report these 20-25% MSRP off deals - your paperwork would help this community greatly

cmdr bobert

Reaction score
You ever notice that people write these great deals of 20-25% off invoice but never say what dealer or who? or provide any evidence? we all get paperwork, people have been asking for who and what dealer - but little answers. So, I would very much like to see people's deals they claim or where they got them? Is there any harm in doing that?

I can't speak for everyone, but there's an element of privacy. Telling the internet what you bought, from who, on what date and at what dealership is forever and personally identifies you. I certainly don't want someone taking my contract details into another dealer to use in their negotiations.

That may not be information the dealership or the salesperson want public as well. That may create problems for the next time one wants to buy from the same dealership or salesperson.

Finally, as a buyer, one has no idea what may motivate a dealership on any given day and on any given truck to sell at a certain price. Maybe sales are slow in a given region. Maybe they aren't for that dealer. Maybe the truck someone got a great deal for has been sitting on the lot forever. Maybe there are sales incentives for that model, or that particular truck. Maybe the dealership needs to sell at a loss to offset a profit made elsewhere for tax reasons. Maybe the sales person someone got a deal from is the top producer at a dealership and is given more flexibility to make a deal. Etc etc etc.

None of that makes the information anyone shares any less real or useful in real world negotiations - it allows for anyone to level the playing field in their own buying process.

professorwest

Reaction score
I can't speak for everyone, but there's an element of privacy. Telling the internet what you bought, from who, on what date and at what dealership is forever and personally identifies you. I certainly don't want someone taking my contract details into another dealer to use in their negotiations.

That may not be information the dealership or the salesperson want public as well. That may create problems for the next time one wants to buy from the same dealership or salesperson.

Finally, as a buyer, one has no idea what may motivate a dealership on any given day and on any given truck to sell at a certain price. Maybe sales are slow in a given region. Maybe they aren't for that dealer. Maybe the truck someone got a great deal for has been sitting on the lot forever. Maybe there are sales incentives for that model, or that particular truck. Maybe the dealership needs to sell at a loss to offset a profit made elsewhere for tax reasons. Maybe the sales person someone got a deal from is the top producer at a dealership and is given more flexibility to make a deal. Etc etc etc.

None of that makes the information anyone shares any less real or useful in real world negotiations - it allows for anyone to level the playing field in their own buying process.

I totally appreciate that - and I get that each dealer will be motivated by its own circumstances (how long its been on the lot, etc) That being said, you can eliminate almost all evidence other than the numbers with a cropped image. That would at least establish a base. When I read that someone gets 10K off MSRP by ordering - that is below EP, I would LOVE to see that ... please crop out everything except the deal. IN essence you are showing a purchase order with just numbers.

Maverick13

Reaction score
I have heard for a few weeks now that new incentives were coming this week. I see that calculators are down on Ram’s website. Anyone know if that’s accurate?

Ls15

Reaction score
Only thing i can say about "help" in finding deals, just know you can receive 7% off invoice from koons (Before incentives). Take that how ever you feel appropriate either a starting or an end point. If you feel like you can get more go ahead and negotiate till you're blue in the face. Just don't purchase without at least getting 7% off invoice. (Not counting incentives from RAM)

Edit- If you can't find invoice or the dealer won't give it to you just take 14-16% off MSRP. (Once again BEFORE incentives). So yes depending on your region 20%+ OFF MSRP is very achievable

Last edited:

jfisher34

Reaction score
I When I read that someone gets 10K off MSRP by ordering - that is below EP, I would LOVE to see that ... .

Here are really simple numbers to help you with the "10k under MSRP by ordering"

MSRP = 65,000
Invoice cost (on my limited was 91% of MSRP) = 59,150
7% below invoice = 55,009

That is BEFORE incentives...Hope that helps..

The other issue with comparing to other people is CONDITIONAL incentives. Last month there was non-FCA owned truck, USAA, credit score UNDER 650??, realtor, just to name some... There were almost 4k in incentives I didn't qualify for. I could beg, kick and scream, cry like a baby, to a dealer but I would never get any of those. Someone who qualifies for most of them would easily get a killer deal compared to me. Everyone needs to keep that in mind when looking at what other people get at a high level of % off MSRP.

Users who are viewing this thread