5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm knocking myself for not moving after Thanksgiving. Also hoping sluggish sales make things more appealing after Christmas and the end of the month.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
I'm knocking myself for not moving after Thanksgiving. Also hoping sluggish sales make things more appealing after Christmas and the end of the month.

I hear you on this. Im in the same boat. I have 2 months left of my lease but can swap now. These forums have been providingsome great insight. Seeing what prices these trucks can be gotten for makes me excited. But i dont want to compromise. I need 6'4 bed with ramboxes. Someone mentioned probably looking at when the hd trucks are available since they use 6'4 beds the most. Dreading waiting and missing these great deals.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hear you on this. Im in the same boat. I have 2 months left of my lease but can swap now. These forums have been providingsome great insight. Seeing what prices these trucks can be gotten for makes me excited. But i dont want to compromise. I need 6'4 bed with ramboxes. Someone mentioned probably looking at when the hd trucks are available since they use 6'4 beds the most. Dreading waiting and missing these great deals.

Good luck, man. Totally agree on how helpful this forum is. I haven't been able to find any ramboxes locally imby but reading this forum it sounds like they will be more prevalent next year.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Good luck, man. Totally agree on how helpful this forum is. I haven't been able to find any ramboxes locally imby but reading this forum it sounds like they will be more prevalent next year.

I could order a 5'7 with ramboxes today. But that bed is too small for me.

Ripple

Reaction score
I cannot seem to get my local dealership in North Carolina to offer the types of deals you all are getting. Here is what I was quoted yesterday on a 1500 Longhorn, crew, 5.4 bed, 4x4. 36 mo 10k miles per year

MSRP - $62,025
Negotiated - $56,225 (original offer was $52k, but that was only if I'm buying)
Rebate - $2,250
Monthly lease price - $712.15

MFrench

Reaction score
Guys what percentage can I expect to get off MSRP on a Limited model?? I would qualify for a couple rebates. USAA and Chevrolet truck owner. No trade

jfisher34

Reaction score
MSRP $49,449
Negotiated: $45,107
Add-ons (see sig): $4,782 (BlackJack Speed Shop down the street)
Tax/Title/Fees: $3466
Consumer Cash: -$1,750
Big Finish Cash: -$1,000
Bonus Cash: -$750
USAA Member Cert: -$1000

Total: $48,855 (with all the toys and add-ons; from dealer to door.)

Congrats! sounds like you did pretty good with the rebates after all!

Ripple

Reaction score
I just got done doing exactly that! Craig was excellent to deal with and already sent me the VON. Thanks to the forum members that mentioned Koons. Now I will have the build exactly as I want....but the wait is gonna kill me. :p

Do you mind sharing the numbers for the deal you cut? Thank you and congratulations on your new truck.

AndreiV

Reaction score
2019 Laramie CC, 4x4, short bed.

MSRP - $50,750
Negotiated Price - $44,750
October total rebate - $4,000
OTD Price (Tax +TTL) - $44,750

Thedonandmikeshow

Reaction score
I just got done doing exactly that! Craig was excellent to deal with and already sent me the VON. Thanks to the forum members that mentioned Koons. Now I will have the build exactly as I want....but the wait is gonna kill me. :p
But it seems like most on this forum are getting a full 10% under invoice, is this really a good deal?

Richard Rex

Reaction score
2019 Ram Laramie 4x4 sport Ivory Tri-Coat

MSRP : $55245
Paid : $46337

Started negotiations at the invoice price which was around 51k and negotiated about 5k off of that. Also I was able to get 0.0%APR for 72 months. Overall I feel like I got a fair deal. Should have my truck delivered today!

Also I paid (49$)for a service called “fighting chance” which I saw mentioned on here a few times. Although I didn’t specifically use the method that the service states to use, it definitely was valuable information on how invoice price is calculated and how dealers make their money. A lot of good info I would definitely recommend.

-Richard

jfisher34

Reaction score
But it seems like most on this forum are getting a full 10% under invoice, is this really a good deal?

I could be totally wrong, but most of the great deals aren't on a Limited. I visited and talked to about 6 dealers trying to work the best numbers I could. I got one with a better % off MSRP but the truck had extras that I just didn't want (sunroof), so why pay for it? Plus I couldn't find interior and exterior combo with the other features I wanted. Also, I don't qualify for any of the conditional incentives that others get either. I ended up being 10k under MSRP before any incentives that are running the month I pick up the truck. So right now I am at 15% below MSRP and hopefully some upside on additional incentives. I am happy with the deal and again, I get the EXACT truck I want. Sounds like you disagree??

jfisher34

Reaction score
Do you mind sharing the numbers for the deal you cut? Thank you and congratulations on your new truck.

Thanks. Working with Koons is simple. He will work up Invoice cost and give you 7% under that.

Bram2019

Reaction score
Koons is pretty easy to work with. The only issue is a trade in. Complicates things. If you are doing a clean deal pretty simple. Trade in is only reason I did not buy there, plus I wanted to special order a truck. Too much hassle as I was 7 hours away. If he had something in stock I wanted, I would have done the deal with them. Price was great.

Ripple

Reaction score
Koons is pretty easy to work with. The only issue is a trade in. Complicates things. If you are doing a clean deal pretty simple. Trade in is only reason I did not buy there, plus I wanted to special order a truck. Too much hassle as I was 7 hours away. If he had something in stock I wanted, I would have done the deal with them. Price was great.

I lived in NOVA for awhile and I recall Koons being one of the better dealers. My dealer down here is telling me the final sales price is different for a lease vs buy. Is anyone else hearing that from their dealer?

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
My dealer down here is telling me the final sales price is different for a lease vs buy. Is anyone else hearing that from their dealer?

I've seen that reported many times many places. My uneducated guess would be that leases don't count in the dealer's vehicle sold targets so they won't go down as far as they either factor into a different lease target where they get less money back than sales targets, or they need to actually profit on the individual lease its self.

Users who are viewing this thread