5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
No “big dealers” around here are “discounting new vehicles so much”. Quite opposite actually. MSRP is the norm. Some are even tacking on extra.

Problem is a lot of these dealers and online car buyers got in WAY too deep offering crazy high amounts for used vehicles and it’s starting to catch up to them since nobody is buying them at those ridiculous prices. Hence the reason why many are making adjustments now and offering much less for your used vehicle. Not too many truck owners are making a killing on selling them now like they were a year ago when things were really nuts.

Gas prices are definitely not helping the situation. I know plenty of people who are selling or parking their trucks and planning to eventually sell them and then buying a much more fuel efficient car. Most of us need trucks for every day use but others only use them as a daily driver. That’s great when gas is cheap but those people quickly leave the truck market when gas prices drastically rise. I’m seeing a large inventory of used trucks on lots right now that are not moving. That’s never good for those of us that have a trade or want to sell a truck to a dealer. That was the only point I was trying to make.
Koons/Granger/MD are all at 3-5% below
Invoice. That equates to over $9000 off msrp? How is that not a huge discount.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
On 35’s? I think I have to call BS on that. I’m getting 14.xx on 33’s.
It isn’t on 35’s yet. The stuff listed in profile is all in my garage and will be slowly installed as I get time. The tires are getting installed right this second actually lol.. i am talking stock with stock tire size of course.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 16

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Koons/Granger/MD are all at 3-5% below
Invoice. That equates to over $9000 off msrp? How is that not a huge discount.
You totally missed my point that I’m referring to dealers in my local area. Those dealers are 1,000’s of miles away from me and in no way affect anything here. Totally different world.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
You totally missed my point that I’m referring to dealers in my local area. Those dealers are 1,000’s of miles away from me and in no way affect anything here. Totally different world.
They are in different parts of the US lol so they can’t be 1000’s of miles away from you. I’m in MN and drove 500 miles to get my truck from
Granger and my limited was $10500 off msrp in the end and $3000 in rebates. Local dealers around me were at msrp and wouldn’t even honor the rebates.. 90% of people are flying and driving nowadays. Fly to dealer and drive home. If you don’t want to spend a couple hundred dollars to fly to save 10000 then that’s your problem I guess. Most will do that though once they learn how cheap you can get a new truck through certain dealers.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They are in different parts of the US lol so they can’t be 1000’s of miles away from you. I’m in MN and drove 500 miles to get my truck from
Granger and my limited was $10500 off msrp in the end and $3000 in rebates. Local dealers around me were at msrp and wouldn’t even honor the rebates.. 90% of people are flying and driving nowadays. Fly to dealer and drive home. If you don’t want to spend a couple hundred dollars to fly to save 10000 then that’s your problem I guess. Most will do that though once they learn how cheap you can get a new truck through certain dealers.
We’re totally off the main subject now but yes you are right. Unfortunately I didn’t find out here about these dealers until I was well into the ordering process and didn’t want to cancel. Next I truck order will no doubt be purchased going that route now that I know better. Like I said those dealers have no effect on my local dealers. Everyone buys locally here and used vehicle values and how they’re decided are likely much different than other regions of the country. I checked my current truck value using various zip codes around the country and was shocked by the regional differences.

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
Window Sticker: $68,155
5% below invoice: $59,662
Bonus Cash: $2,000
  • Conquest Bonus Cash - $1,000
  • Memorial Day Bonus Cash 22CN1T -$500
  • PenFed - $500
Net: $57,662 - 15.4% off MSRP
Financing: 60 months 0%

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
This isn’t true “because of gas prices” used cars are going down a little because big dealers are discounting new vehicles soo much you would be an idiot to buy a newer used vehicle. A new truck gets better or the same mileage as a suv and a lot of bigger cars basically. My work car is a 2006 Pontiac grand prix and it gets 21 mpg. My 2022 ram limited with 3.92 gears loaded gets 18-19? Why would truck prices go down because of fuel cost? Everyone has to pay the same price and they get solo at mileage vs lost SUV’s and bigger cars. Now if we are talking about diesels then yes!!! They are dropping like crazy because people realize a new truck can pull what they have.
I'm going to butt into your conversation.
I don't think truck sales/prices are really going to move significantly. All car prices simply came up in the pandemic, and instead of coming down, they'll just become the norm.

I've noticed that most big Truck/SUV owners aren't going to change to a smaller car unless gas truly becomes unaffordable. I'm in the same boat. I need a truck. I have a Frontier, and honestly, the Frontier averages 17mpg, 21 on the highway. My EcoDiesel is probably the most fuel efficient vehicle I've ever bought, and that includes my CX-5 GT, which could barely break 26mpg going 70mph in cruise control.

I specifically bought mine because I needed something bigger than the Frontier, something more efficient than the Frontier, and I pretty much chose the 'best of the breed' as far as fuel economy because I do a lot of road trips. 33mpg on the highway isn't going to break any records, but it's something I can survive on. If gas prices keep going up, I'm more inclined to tell my boss that I use my truck for work-related stuff and he should pay me more to compensate (or simply expense my fuel, which I rarely do).

No “big dealers” around here are “discounting new vehicles so much”. Quite opposite actually. MSRP is the norm. Some are even tacking on extra.

Problem is a lot of these dealers and online car buyers got in WAY too deep offering crazy high amounts for used vehicles and it’s starting to catch up to them since nobody is buying them at those ridiculous prices. Hence the reason why many are making adjustments now and offering much less for your used vehicle. Not too many truck owners are making a killing on selling them now like they were a year ago when things were really nuts.

Gas prices are definitely not helping the situation. I know plenty of people who are selling or parking their trucks and planning to eventually sell them and then buying a much more fuel efficient car. Most of us need trucks for every day use but others only use them as a daily driver. That’s great when gas is cheap but those people quickly leave the truck market when gas prices drastically rise. I’m seeing a large inventory of used trucks on lots right now that are not moving. That’s never good for those of us that have a trade or want to sell a truck to a dealer. That was the only point I was trying to make.
I went to Mark Dodge first, but before I became a believer, I did a trial run at my local dealerships (3 of them). I really wanted to score a test drive in the EcoDiesel, and I did.

I handed them all my build sheet ($68,155 MSRP). I asked them all to give me their best price. They all looked at the sheet, pointed to the MSRP and said "This."
They all gave me some version of this story: They're not able to sell below MSRP because of the vehicle market, but other dealerships are charging OVER MSRP, so I'm getting a deal.

I'm sure I could've talked them down a little, but a little isn't enough, you can see above, I got over 15% off MSRP and 5% under invoice.
I wasn't going to put myself through all that effort when I just had to sign on the dotted line with MD.
I ********ted my way into a test drive and the next day I signed my order with MD.

90%? Do you have any source to back up that claim?
I'm not backing up this claim, but I'll chime in. That's exactly what I'm doing.

My truck came in last Tuesday, unfortunately, I was busy last weekend. I signed everything Friday, I own the truck now. I'm flying out this Friday to pick it up.
I got (2) $63 tickets to New Orleans, my wife and I are staying at our Bluegreen resort, MD is going to drive the truck to me, and my wife and I will get a mini-vacation out of it.
I'll be driving to Pensacola for Lunch at TuDo, Dinner at the Grand Marlin, and decide from there. Couldn't ask for a better deal.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
90%? Do you have any source to back up that claim?
If you don’t have a dealer that matches near you then you would be crazy not too.. Granger said they had people com in f from all over the US to pick up trucks. Most of their pickups where atleast 5 hours way.. maybe 90% is too high but a majority is what they said. Look on here and most people who use MD are shipping their truck or flying to get it also it seems from reading posts.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
I'm going to butt into your conversation.
I don't think truck sales/prices are really going to move significantly. All car prices simply came up in the pandemic, and instead of coming down, they'll just become the norm.

I've noticed that most big Truck/SUV owners aren't going to change to a smaller car unless gas truly becomes unaffordable. I'm in the same boat. I need a truck. I have a Frontier, and honestly, the Frontier averages 17mpg, 21 on the highway. My EcoDiesel is probably the most fuel efficient vehicle I've ever bought, and that includes my CX-5 GT, which could barely break 26mpg going 70mph in cruise control.

I specifically bought mine because I needed something bigger than the Frontier, something more efficient than the Frontier, and I pretty much chose the 'best of the breed' as far as fuel economy because I do a lot of road trips. 33mpg on the highway isn't going to break any records, but it's something I can survive on. If gas prices keep going up, I'm more inclined to tell my boss that I use my truck for work-related stuff and he should pay me more to compensate (or simply expense my fuel, which I rarely do).

I went to Mark Dodge first, but before I became a believer, I did a trial run at my local dealerships (3 of them). I really wanted to score a test drive in the EcoDiesel, and I did.

I handed them all my build sheet ($68,155 MSRP). I asked them all to give me their best price. They all looked at the sheet, pointed to the MSRP and said "This."
They all gave me some version of this story: They're not able to sell below MSRP because of the vehicle market, but other dealerships are charging OVER MSRP, so I'm getting a deal.

I'm sure I could've talked them down a little, but a little isn't enough, you can see above, I got over 15% off MSRP and 5% under invoice.
I wasn't going to put myself through all that effort when I just had to sign on the dotted line with MD.
I ********ted my way into a test drive and the next day I signed my order with MD.

I'm not backing up this claim, but I'll chime in. That's exactly what I'm doing.

My truck came in last Tuesday, unfortunately, I was busy last weekend. I signed everything Friday, I own the truck now. I'm flying out this Friday to pick it up.
I got (2) $63 tickets to New Orleans, my wife and I are staying at our Bluegreen resort, MD is going to drive the truck to me, and my wife and I will get a mini-vacation out of it.
I'll be driving to Pensacola for Lunch at TuDo, Dinner at the Grand Marlin, and decide from there. Couldn't ask for a better deal.
I agree for sure. I live in MN and want a truck for winter and I use my sxs all summer and fall so need to be able to pull it etc.. even if gas becomes $11.00 a gallon I will still drive my truck everyday. It is what it is lol. No more joy rides or driving around to drive around though haha..

It’s crazy how much you can save isn’t it? I was right around you for price also after rebates.. I couldn’t believe how much they weee discounting trucks in this current market.

Nannni

Reaction score
Window Sticker: $68,155
5% below invoice: $59,662
Bonus Cash: $2,000
  • Conquest Bonus Cash - $1,000
  • Memorial Day Bonus Cash 22CN1T -$500
  • PenFed - $500
Net: $57,662 - 15.4% off MSRP
Financing: 60 months 0%
Hey, where did you get the $2000 bonus cash from for rebate? i know theres a $1000 ram one.

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
Hey, where did you get the $2000 bonus cash from for rebate? i know theres a $1000 ram one.
You have to search around. Some got better than me, but as already itemized, the $2000 came from:

$1000 Conquest (because I own a competing vehicle)
$500 Memorial Day (I got lucky on the delivery time)
$500 Penfed because I'm a Penfed member. You could also swap this out with $500 from Truecar.

There are some Chrysler Capital ones, and localized ones, but I was only able to stack the ones I listed. I tried every one I could find.

SealTeamFive

Reaction score
This thread (and the Mark Dodge thread) were very helpful for me, so I thought I'd give my inputs.

Mark Dodge and Sandi specifically were very easy to work with.

1500 Laramie 4x2
MSRP - $59,175
Negotiated rate - $51,218 (13.4% off MSRP)
Additional discounts - TBD, currently $500 conquest cash and 0% for 60 months.

I'm interested if there are other incentives and how to qualify for them!

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This thread (and the Mark Dodge thread) were very helpful for me, so I thought I'd give my inputs.

Mark Dodge and Sandi specifically were very easy to work with.

1500 Laramie 4x2
MSRP - $59,175
Negotiated rate - $51,218 (13.4% off MSRP)
Additional discounts - TBD, currently $500 conquest cash and 0% for 60 months.

I'm interested if there are other incentives and how to qualify for them!
You can get another $500 by signing up for a pentagon Federal credit union savings account. After 60 days you can generate the code and it is good for 3 months. You can go to true car and start "building" a ram then on one of the final pages will see a banner to click to claim your $500 code, which generates right away but is only good two weeks (you can regenerate more but IMO the risk of the true car program going away is greater than the pen fed program). These two can't be stacked.

If both the above go away you can spend $100 to sign up for Tread Lightly (to get an affiliate code) and MD gives $500 off. Can't be stacked with above.

Them there is first responder, mitary, FFA, etc. Each are $500 and can usually be all stacked.

Good that conquest is back.

Antnida

Reaction score
Anyone recently placed an order for a big horn 4x4 in California and happwith the deal can you please share the dealer info? Looking to order my first truck with RAM, Looking at Big Horn 1500 4x4 crew with a bunch off options that the dealer doesn't have with their stock vehicles. Thanks

SealTeamFive

Reaction score
You can get another $500 by signing up for a pentagon Federal credit union savings account. After 60 days you can generate the code and it is good for 3 months. You can go to true car and start "building" a ram then on one of the final pages will see a banner to click to claim your $500 code, which generates right away but is only good two weeks (you can regenerate more but IMO the risk of the true car program going away is greater than the pen fed program). These two can't be stacked.

If both the above go away you can spend $100 to sign up for Tread Lightly (to get an affiliate code) and MD gives $500 off. Can't be stacked with above.

Them there is first responder, mitary, FFA, etc. Each are $500 and can usually be all stacked.

Thanks for the info! I'll get started on those.

SealTeamFive

Reaction score
Anyone recently placed an order for a big horn 4x4 in California and happwith the deal can you please share the dealer info? Looking to order my first truck with RAM, Looking at Big Horn 1500 4x4 crew with a bunch off options that the dealer doesn't have with their stock vehicles. Thanks
Not sure about dealers in California but a number of people here use Mark Dodge in Louisiana. They can order the truck and ship to you in California. they go out for rates but I was told 0.87 to 1.17 per mile. or you could fly to Lake Charles and pick it up yourself. May be cheaper than what you can find in Cali.

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score

I was going to mention, most of the above isn't stackable. I've been a Penfed member for years and I also did TrueCar, they only took one. I didn't realize the tread lightly one was also unstackable. I was going to sign up for the discount, glad I didn't. Sometimes the Penfed one goes up to $1000, so I've heard.

Military/First Responder is its own, so it can be stacked.
Memorial Day Savings is it's own, so it can be stacked.

After that, There's usually only 1 or 2 stackable offers on Ram's website.

I think I provided MD with about 10 different codes/offers, they were only able to stack 3: Conquest, Penfed, Memorial Day.

rbundy84

Reaction score
Well I was hoping to hold on to my Equinox until either the supply chain issues subsided (not until Spring 2024 I hear) or gas prices stabilize (not likely anytime soon), but with an engine issue (absolute best case is timing chain but looking like a new engine is going to be the diagnosis), it doesn’t make sense to put a lot of money into a 2014 Equinox.

I should’ve bought from Mark Dodge a year ago but here we are….most dealers in my area are MSRP less small rebates (St Louis area), but I’m back on the hunt. Anyone with recent experience with Mark Dodge? Experiencing 10% MSRP still?

Runagun

Reaction score
Well I was hoping to hold on to my Equinox until either the supply chain issues subsided (not until Spring 2024 I hear) or gas prices stabilize (not likely anytime soon), but with an engine issue (absolute best case is timing chain but looking like a new engine is going to be the diagnosis), it doesn’t make sense to put a lot of money into a 2014 Equinox.

I should’ve bought from Mark Dodge a year ago but here we are….most dealers in my area are MSRP less small rebates (St Louis area), but I’m back on the hunt. Anyone with recent experience with Mark Dodge? Experiencing 10% MSRP still?
Read the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread