5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Cas5481

Reaction score
Did you get any factory rebates on top of the 0% financing?
No l had to give up the 1750 rebate ( $1500 limited and $250 for something else) but when I did the math on monthly payments it was a no brainer. The best rate I could find was 4% and even using the extra $1750 off my payments were still $80 higher a month.

Cas5481

Reaction score
I just bought a 2500 but I'm pretty sure if 72 months @0% was available, I would have drove out in a 1500.[/QUOTE
They tried like hell to get me to buy it Wednesday night but the deal wasn’t good enough so Friday when I went back up there they told me all 2019 ram 1500’s are 0%

Bacchus

Reaction score
FWIW. Custom order Laramie.
MSRP 65,225
Negotiated to 56,000.
Still have locked in 4,000 in rebates off, so I can only get more from there.
So worst case OTD 52,000 + TTF

I also got KBB on a trade in. I didn't bother discussing that here though since that's a whole other ball game.

If you believe TrueCar pricing, an "exceptional price" in my area is 17% off. My deal works out to 20%. I'm happy enough with that.

Nordic

Reaction score
First time poster here. Been watching this forum for a bit, so much good information on here. Like the ending of the lifetime warranty. This is a big factor for me buying this truck. I keep my vehicles a long time, current is an ‘04.

So the warranty ending got me moving. Found one tha checked all the boxes for just under $64k, limited crew. This was my second time testing the truck (2 different dealers about a month apart) and it is great.

Started the negotiations and got stuck real quick. First offer was $2k off, no other discount or promotion included. Went back and forth a bit. Salesperson came out with a sheet that was supposed to be dealer invoice. Truck was listed just under $58k for dealer invoice. Manager joined a few minutes later and basically they said they couldn’t do more than the dealer invoice. I’m not even sure if the dealer invoice was on the table.

Based on the info in this thread this seems high. Can anyone provide some input on this? I am really not well versed in all the incentives and rebates. Assume I qualify for only what everyone would qualify, no specialties like military, lease trade etc. Would a price around $60-$58 with no other incentives be reasonable for a $64k limited? I am in SE PA.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

bigfro

Reaction score
First time poster here. Been watching this forum for a bit, so much good information on here. Like the ending of the lifetime warranty. This is a big factor for me buying this truck. I keep my vehicles a long time, current is an ‘04.

So the warranty ending got me moving. Found one tha checked all the boxes for just under $64k, limited crew. This was my second time testing the truck (2 different dealers about a month apart) and it is great.

Started the negotiations and got stuck real quick. First offer was $2k off, no other discount or promotion included. Went back and forth a bit. Salesperson came out with a sheet that was supposed to be dealer invoice. Truck was listed just under $58k for dealer invoice. Manager joined a few minutes later and basically they said they couldn’t do more than the dealer invoice. I’m not even sure if the dealer invoice was on the table.

Based on the info in this thread this seems high. Can anyone provide some input on this? I am really not well versed in all the incentives and rebates. Assume I qualify for only what everyone would qualify, no specialties like military, lease trade etc. Would a price around $60-$58 with no other incentives be reasonable for a $64k limited? I am in SE PA.

Lol hell no

Mike67

Reaction score

Just search this thread for KJRam, you will find they have provided a bunch of volume dealer info from around the country. VA is probably the closest for you. Koons. 7% under invoice + 699 dealer doc fee.
Get the quote and take that to your local dealers.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

It depends on if you want to drive or not. Most small dealers can’t compete with the high volume dealers. They literally just pay more in the end because they don’t hit the volume incentives. If you have a good relationship with your local dealer, sometimes that is more important then saving another 1,000 dollars. Like it was mentioned, if you are in SE PA, a dealer that provides the biggest discount with no haggling is Koons. You can also try Farrish if Fairfax. Sometimes it’s possible to take that quote to a local dealer and haggle a better price.

Stasek

Reaction score
Oh so close... Almost bought my new Ram today, but the purchase will have to wait.
Since V6 Big Horns are so scarce around here (Chitown), decided to look at Hemis with eTorque.
MSRP - $47,985 (4x4, CC, 5'7", Level 2 package). Agreed in principle on 6% below invoice (~$42K) - incentives ($8k - $6,500 available to everyone + $500 National Association of Realtors + $1K Truck owner conquest; I have the Penfed certificate as well, but they told me it doesn't stack with all other incentives).
Total $34,500 + TTL.
They take my truck ('06 Tundra Limited w/ 153K miles) to be "appraised" and find out (through Autocheck), the truck had prior accident with airbag deployment AND frame damage (accident in '06, frame damage discovered at auction in '08). I'm like - you've got to be f-ing kidding me! When I bought the truck 5 years ago, the Autocheck the (Acura) dealer provided showed NOTHING! Of course, they wanted nothing to do with my truck, so I decided to postpone the purchase until I sell the truck privately (with proper disclosure, of course).

Bacchus

Reaction score

What I did was go in armed with the Koons quote. My dealer started over invoice. Then I brought up Koons. We went right to the website while I was there. Once we took out the rebates from the price we went to percent of MSRP Koons was discounting. We got to within $500 of that. For current rebates you can check out Ram's website and they'll tell you what you qualify for. Don't forget Sam's Club or TrueCar. Each of those are $500. (Not sure if you can stack those though since i think Sam's is through TrueCar.) Last I saw there was also a nonFCA truck rebate.

SE PA? Where at? I'm in the Lehigh Valley area.

Last edited:

Bram2019

Reaction score
Oh so close... Almost bought my new Ram today, but the purchase will have to wait.
Since V6 Big Horns are so scarce around here (Chitown), decided to look at Hemis with eTorque.
MSRP - $47,985 (4x4, CC, 5'7", Level 2 package). Agreed in principle on 6% below invoice (~$42K) - incentives ($8k - $6,500 available to everyone + $500 National Association of Realtors + $1K Truck owner conquest; I have the Penfed certificate as well, but they told me it doesn't stack with all other incentives).
Total $34,500 + TTL.
They take my truck ('06 Tundra Limited w/ 153K miles) to be "appraised" and find out (through Autocheck), the truck had prior accident with airbag deployment AND frame damage (accident in '06, frame damage discovered at auction in '08). I'm like - you've got to be f-ing kidding me! When I bought the truck 5 years ago, the Autocheck the (Acura) dealer provided showed NOTHING! Of course, they wanted nothing to do with my truck, so I decided to postpone the purchase until I sell the truck privately (with proper disclosure, of course).
The 6500 rebates available to everyone. How did that break down. I am only aware of 4500 in my area to everyone. That is western NY.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The 6500 rebates available to everyone. How did that break down. I am only aware of 4500 in my area to everyone. That is western NY.
This is what I see for downstate NY.

E178FD70-F817-469D-BFC6-FCABBF9C3431.jpeg E178FD70-F817-469D-BFC6-FCABBF9C3431.jpeg

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Requested a brochure from Ram over the internet to be mailed to my home address. Due to that request I received a $500 Bonus Cash Award and a $50 test drive eGift card . Purchased my Ram 1500 and received the additional $500 off (good for lease also). The certificate is good till January 2nd. Your address must line up with your driver's license. Immediate family members in the household can also use it.

I put this out there for anyone in the pipeline to purchase. Best of luck on timing.

This info is already on this forum but I am unable to locate the post. It may be a good idea to request info this way to be on the "direct mail" category of offers in the future (my opinion).

Jako

Reaction score
Requested a brochure from Ram over the internet to be mailed to my home address. Due to that request I received a $500 Bonus Cash Award and a $50 test drive eGift card . Purchased my Ram 1500 and received the additional $500 off (good for lease also). The certificate is good till January 2nd. Your address must line up with your driver's license. Immediate family members in the household can also use it.

I put this out there for anyone in the pipeline to purchase. Best of luck on timing.

This info is already on this forum but I am unable to locate the post. It may be a good idea to request info this way to be on the "direct mail" category of offers in the future (my opinion).
https://www.ramtrucks.com/incentives/bonus-incentives.html
Bottom of page "Mail me a Brochure"

Jako

Reaction score
GET UP TO$5,500 Cash AllowanceON A 2019 RAM 1500 BIG HORN / LONE STAR CREW CAB 4X4 5'7" BOX
Northeast BC Retail Consumer Cash 32CK1[1] $3,000
Black Friday Retail Bonus Cash 38CK9[2] $1,000
Chrysler Capital Black Friday Bonus Cash 39CK2[3] $500
Northeast 2019 Retail Bonus Cash NECKA1[4] $500
e-Torque Engine Bonus Cash 39CK5[5] $500
Total Cash Allowance$5,500

Chrysler Capitol Black Friday $500 is good till 11/26 and applies to financing via Chrysler.
eTorque $500

I received $4500 in incentives and an additional $500 from program 41JCT (salesman referred to it as direct marketing incentives)

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I requested many months ago but didn’t get anything but the brochure in the mail. I will try again. Did you receive the bonus cash via regular mail or email and how long would you say after you submitted the request for a brochure did the bonus cash show up?

Stasek

Reaction score
This is what’s available in Midwest.

Attachments

• 5446824B-5E3A-4479-8762-44CFD362AD5B.png
    5446824B-5E3A-4479-8762-44CFD362AD5B.png
    512.3 KB · Views: 50

Jako

Reaction score
Ram Incentives phone #s for the "analog" folks:
Ram Incentives #800 227-0757
Fleet Incentives #800 999-3533

stevetom84

Reaction score
I requested many months ago but didn’t get anything but the brochure in the mail. I will try again. Did you receive the bonus cash via regular mail or email and how long would you say after you submitted the request for a brochure did the bonus cash show up?

I recently requested. Haven't received the brochure yet, but hoping mine includes the $500 incentive. I have my truck on order and the extra $500 could sure go to use purchasing the bed step or a tonneau cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online