5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

VinnyRam

Reaction score
Went back through a handfull of pages. Looks like the average is about 19% off the MSRP. Other than a couple of crazy good 28% deals, I'm happy with my 21%. Like I mentioned before, I don't care what they call it or how they get there, dealer discount, rebates, customer cash, etc. Just show me the end result

View attachment 8655
This is very helpful. Thanks for putting the list together.

Mine is

MSRP: $61,710
Paid: $47,625 AFTER incentives.
Different: $14,085
% off: 23%

daemlar

Reaction score
Can you give me your local credit union name? Love your deal hope to get a deal like your.

Sorry for the delay. Had to drop a bird into a pot of boiling peanut oil!

SRP Federal Credit Union out of Augusta,GA. It was a new customer incentive program offered to some of the local businesses in the area.

1% for up to 72 months on new and used vehicles, min year 2016, min amount finances $10k.

Yeah, it's an insane deal. One of the few times for me when I ran the LTV ratio, the value of the asset stayed above the loan balance the entire term of the loan.

durestos

Reaction score
I’m currently looking at V6 Big Horn with MSRP of $45,525. The dealers first (and hopefully not last) offer is $33,176. That takes into consideration $7k in rebates ($1k Penfed, $1k Truck Owner Conquest, and $500 NAR Member). Hoping to do little better (ha!).

See if this works for you: from the get go I haved told the salesperson (a very nice lady) that I wanted an extended warranty. I explained, sincerely, that I was, and perhaps still am, apprehensive about RAM reliability because I keep all my cars for years, like 170K miles plus (all of them Toyotas). Throughout the negotiations I kept insisting this was my first ever "American brand" car and that I wanted an extended warranty to mitigate my fears. She insisted she couldn't discuss that with me due to "compliance". Unbeknownst to me, it was the dealer's certainty that I'd buy an extended warranty (where they make the real money) that I was given such a deep discount. Incidentally, I didn't buy the warranty (I could find one cheaper online from other legitimate FCA dealers). I found out this was how I got the deal closed because the "finance guy" forgot my "working sheet" on his desk and I read the manager's handwritten notes to that effect.

So, I have negotiated 8 new cars in my lifetime but it had never occurred to me to use the promise of purchasing an extended warranty as "bait and switch", but I have added it to my bag of tricks for the future. It certainly worked this one time!

Last edited:

Cowboys33

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. Had to drop a bird into a pot of boiling peanut oil!

SRP Federal Credit Union out of Augusta,GA. It was a new customer incentive program offered to some of the local businesses in the area.

1% for up to 72 months on new and used vehicles, min year 2016, min amount finances $10k.

Yeah, it's an insane deal. One of the few times for me when I ran the LTV ratio, the value of the asset stayed above the loan balance the entire term of the loan.
Thanks will check with the credit union in my area tomorrow.And one more thing NICE RAM

Bigguy

Reaction score
Haven't gone through all 58 pages of this thread, but several pages. I have a Rebel 12 on order and tentatively agreed to 6K off MSRP (61K) - including present rebate. After reading through several pages of what folks are getting off MSRP, I feel like I have some room to better the deal - unless Rebels aren't commanding as much of a discount. Any thoughts on a Rebel discount? Thanks

Ls15

Reaction score
Haven't gone through all 58 pages of this thread, but several pages. I have a Rebel 12 on order and tentatively agreed to 6K off MSRP (61K) - including present rebate. After reading through several pages of what folks are getting off MSRP, I feel like I have some room to better the deal - unless Rebels aren't commanding as much of a discount. Any thoughts on a Rebel discount? Thanks

Incentives are usually less but dealer discounts shouldn’t matter depending on trim .

Sittingduck

Reaction score
I have a question on a slightly used 2019 Limited. It’s original MSRP is $62,880, it has 2700 miles on it. It is located at a RAM dealership. I am not sure what is a fair price to offer, locally several dealerships are advertising 18-19% below MSRP for new Laramie’s., but not as much on new limited’s.

daemlar

Reaction score
I have a question on a slightly used 2019 Limited. It’s original MSRP is $62,880, it has 2700 miles on it. It is located at a RAM dealership. I am not sure what is a fair price to offer, locally several dealerships are advertising 18-19% below MSRP for new Laramie’s., but not as much on new limited’s.

I don't think you're going to get a staggering discount on a used 2019 at this point. A quick search shows only one in my general area for around $54,000 with over twice the number of miles you're looking at. You could call your local bank or credit union and ask them what they would value the truck at to give you an idea.

This is by no means an exact science, but if you want to justify it to yourself, assume the value depreciates 9% as soon as its driven off the lot. Assume it depreciates by a total of 27% within the first 12 months, or 1.5% per month. Figure out how many months have passed since it was purchased, and do something like this.

$62,880 x 0.91 = $57,220.80 value on day #1
$62,880 x 0.015 = $943.20 value loss per month for the first 12 months

If it was purchased four months ago:

$57,220.80 real value on day #1 - (4 x $943.20 representing 4 months of straight line depreciation) = $53,448.00 estimated value today

Use that as a starting point and apply dealer discounts and rebates to the $53,448.00. Add in the dealer fees, tax, tag, and title, and you have an offer.

Just my two cents. :)

- Daemlar

Reaction score
Finally got a dealers invoice price on a 2019 Ram Limited...$57,406 (MSRP $62,875).

With incentives, I'm guessing around $4k off that, leaving it at $53k.

Not a great deal IMO. Thoughts?

Sittingduck

Reaction score
I don't think you're going to get a staggering discount on a used 2019 at this point. A quick search shows only one in my general area for around $54,000 with over twice the number of miles you're looking at. You could call your local bank or credit union and ask them what they would value the truck at to give you an idea.

This is by no means an exact science, but if you want to justify it to yourself, assume the value depreciates 9% as soon as its driven off the lot. Assume it depreciates by a total of 27% within the first 12 months, or 1.5% per month. Figure out how many months have passed since it was purchased, and do something like this.

$62,880 x 0.91 = $57,220.80 value on day #1
$62,880 x 0.015 = $943.20 value loss per month for the first 12 months

If it was purchased four months ago:

$57,220.80 real value on day #1 - (4 x $943.20 representing 4 months of straight line depreciation) = $53,448.00 estimated value today

Use that as a starting point and apply dealer discounts and rebates to the $53,448.00. Add in the dealer fees, tax, tag, and title, and you have an offer.

Just my two cents. :)

- Daemlar

Thank you for the advice and math:)... I will give it a shot and see what happens. I’m in no hurry and was wanting the 5.7 e-tourque engine which this one doesn’t have.

Cas5481

Reaction score
Just bought a 2019 ram 1500 limited 4x4 Msrp 64500 got it for 54700 and 0% for 72 months through Chrysler financial no payments until feb 2019

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just bought a 2019 ram 1500 limited 4x4 Msrp 64500 got it for 54700 and 0% for 72 months through Chrysler financial no payments until feb 2019
Did you get any factory rebates on top of the 0% financing?

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did you get any factory rebates on top of the 0% financing?
I just checked the ramoffers website and it appears to have changed again with new offers.

2500 rebates expires 11/26 (includes 500 etorque bonus)
0% for 36 with 2000 back expires 11/26 (includes 500 etorque bonus)
0% for 72 months expires 12/03

These have changed three times now since 11/03 and twice since 11/20.

Zinger

Reaction score
I just checked the ramoffers website and it appears to have changed again with new offers.

2500 rebates expires 11/26 (includes 500 etorque bonus)
0% for 36 with 2000 back expires 11/26 (includes 500 etorque bonus)
0% for 72 months expires 12/03

These have changed three times now since 11/03 and twice since 11/20.

Can you explain this a little better for me? Does this mean:

1. If you take no financing, you get $2500 in rebates (with eTorque)? Previously this was $1500?
2. If you take the 0%/36, you lose $500 in rebates and instead get $2000 (with eTorque)?
3. If you take no rebates, you can get 0% for 72 months?

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can you explain this a little better for me? Does this mean:

1. If you take no financing, you get $2500 in rebates (with eTorque)? Previously this was $1500?
2. If you take the 0%/36, you lose $500 in rebates and instead get $2000 (with eTorque)?
3. If you take no rebates, you can get 0% for 72 months?
That’s how I read the incentives right now in my region which are probably very similar across the board. I know for certain the 72 months was not there on Wednesday when I looked. Those are factory rebates. I believe you can still combine the conquest truck offer, USAA or penfed and TDM coupon mailer if you have one and the 72 month offer.

coram

Reaction score
New here first ever Ram.

2019 bighorn 4x4
with package 25z
Total price was 50785
After rebates and trade in with 6k down it was
$38500 OTD.

Reaction score
That’s how I read the incentives right now in my region which are probably very similar across the board. I know for certain the 72 months was not there on Wednesday when I looked. Those are factory rebates. I believe you can still combine the conquest truck offer, USAA or penfed and TDM coupon mailer if you have one and the 72 month offer.

I'm seeing it my region now as well. $2,000 black Friday cash looks like it would still apply. So $1,000 USAA + $1,000 conquest (??? don't see that though on Ram's site). Total of $4k incentives + 0% interest is pretty good.

What's the TDM coupon you're talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/