5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Derek916

Reaction score
Oh wow, that is a great deal. I could care less for the 12 inch screen, but still all the other stuff is great.
Yeah I wish I could reorder but my truck is there and don’t want them to hate me lol

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I wish I could reorder but my truck is there and don’t want them to hate me lol
I'd at least ask. In this market, bet they'd sell your truck quick and wouldn't care at all. You ordered from Mark Dodge?

Derek916

Reaction score
I'd at least ask. In this market, bet they'd sell your truck quick and wouldn't care at all. You ordered from Mark Dodge?
Yeah, you're right. Even if I had to lose the $1000 deposit I think it is worth it since I won't even be eligible for the $500 penfed rebate since my truck was built so fast. It's sort of a wash.

Also just noticed that Southwest basically has all the features that I had selected in Level 1 so it's only a $700 difference. Level 1 is $2100

Last edited:

spyder

Reaction score
I tried to buy one from Dave Smith, planning to fly up and drive home over a couple days about 6 weeks ago, thinking it would be a fun mini road trip to see a part of the country I haven't been through in many years, but the cost was only a thousand less than what I wound up paying local. Airfare and fuel would have made it the same price. Oh well, maybe I'll get the itch to buy something else in a couple years.

Veneno

Reaction score
I tried to buy one from Dave Smith, planning to fly up and drive home over a couple days about 6 weeks ago, thinking it would be a fun mini road trip to see a part of the country I haven't been through in many years, but the cost was only a thousand less than what I wound up paying local. Airfare and fuel would have made it the same price. Oh well, maybe I'll get the itch to buy something else in a couple years.
For some people who can get a decent deal locally then it's not feasible. Some of us, especially here in California, can not get even a discount from MSRP. Even if you order it!

Runagun

Reaction score
Picking up a new limited tomorrow. 72270 msrp, 64238 otd. Deals are out here. Out of seven dealers two were aggressively pricing. Two were no response to emails and text. Two had no stock and one was 3k over msrp and NOT budging. I tried on two preowned. Both were 2-3k over their original msrp in 2020. Just do your research.
'21 or '22?

Runagun

Reaction score
I was actually looking at flights from Fresno California to Dallas and then Houston as a definite possibility. Around here for an order they are doing MSRP, period.
If you do Houston they'd pick you up at the airport and you can drive it home from there.

Hasti17

Reaction score
If you do Houston they'd pick you up at the airport and you can drive it home from there.
They will do that for lafayette, or new orleans as well, houston is closer but an extra half hour ish drive, honestly they make it easy no matter what you choose.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Picking up a new limited tomorrow. 72270 msrp, 64238 otd. Deals are out here. Out of seven dealers two were aggressively pricing. Two were no response to emails and text. Two had no stock and one was 3k over msrp and NOT budging. I tried on two preowned. Both were 2-3k over their original msrp in 2020. Just do your research.
Curious...how far out from home did you look?

From the southeast PA and south jersey, I had to look 100+ miles just to even get a dealer to negotiate $500 from MSRP. Literally reached out to 10+ dealers started with either MSRP, or with their price markup of $5k to start.

From my part of the country, inventory sucks, so that's why they aren't moving from msrp.

Definitely wasn't looking to travel and spend money..because most know Mark Dodge has the best deals right now.

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

M02v8r

Reaction score
Glenn CDJR of Louisville (Crestwood KY) is doing 4% below invoice if you finance with them. Good deal considering no one else in the area is discounting.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Based on all the great prices folks are getting at Mark Dodge and the discount they offered me on a Chrysler Pacifica I recommended my brother in law get a quote on the 2022 Big Horn he wants. I was surprised and disappointed they quoted him a price only $1,100 off MSRP

Runagun

Reaction score
Based on all the great prices folks are getting at Mark Dodge and the discount they offered me on a Chrysler Pacifica I recommended my brother in law get a quote on the 2022 Big Horn he wants. I was surprised and disappointed they quoted him a price only $1,100 off MSRP
May I ask you what the the offer was on the Pacifica and which model?

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
May I ask you what the the offer was on the Pacifica and which model?
$48,502 on a 2022 Hybrid Limited plus $444 doc fee and TTL. MSRP was $52,477. I ended up ordering from a local dealer for$49,977 since shipping from MD would have been around$1,200 so the out the door was pretty close.

Largestar

Reaction score
Curious...how far out from home did you look?

From the southeast PA and south jersey, I had to look 100+ miles just to even get a dealer to negotiate $500 from MSRP. Literally reached out to 10+ dealers started with either MSRP, or with their price markup of $5k to start.

From my part of the country, inventory sucks, so that's why they aren't moving from msrp.

Definitely wasn't looking to travel and spend money..because most know Mark Dodge has the best deals right now.

2021 Ram Rebel
I searched 500 out. I submitted requests through email for bids, and said I was ready to buy now. Some dealers did 3k over msrp and some did rebates only. Some replied and were ready to deal. I only emailed dealers that had exactly what I wanted And gave them a stock number. My out the door price was 10% under msrp. I’m happy with that. New limited eco diesel. Oh, almost forgot, dealer was Pilson auto group in Mattoon Illinois. In and out in less than an hour including test drive. 150 miles from my home.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I searched 500 out. I submitted requests through email for bids, and said I was ready to buy now. Some dealers did 3k over msrp and some did rebates only. Some replied and were ready to deal. I only emailed dealers that had exactly what I wanted And gave them a stock number. My out the door price was 10% under msrp. I’m happy with that. New limited eco diesel. Oh, almost forgot, dealer was Pilson auto group in Mattoon Illinois. In and out in less than an hour including test drive. 150 miles from my home.
That's a great price in my book. I'm not about to say" well you can get 10.5% under msrp..at another dealer 1000 miles away". Sometimes that far traveling just isn't worth it.

If your happy and it's relatively close to you, it's a great deal.

2021 Ram Rebel

Veneno

Reaction score
That's a great price in my book. I'm not about to say" well you can get 10.5% under msrp..at another dealer 1000 miles away". Sometimes that far traveling just isn't worth it.

If your happy and it's relatively close to you, it's a great deal.

2021 Ram Rebel
Yeah, a dealer here in California just quoted me invoice pricing on an order. It would cost be roughly 2k to 2.5 k to get it shipped from Louisiana. It would cost me roughly 1k for me to fly there and bring it back. That is a 1700 mile drive back home. More than likely I'll order closer to home. Oh, and one more thing, dealing with California DMV on an out of state vehicle is H E double hockey sticks!

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Realized looking further that the BIL was comparing MD price to the Net Price on the Ram site which was including incentives already and MD price was before incentives. So after making the correction they are offering more than $5,700 off MSRP before incentives.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, a dealer here in California just quoted me invoice pricing on an order. It would cost be roughly 2k to 2.5 k to get it shipped from Louisiana. It would cost me roughly 1k for me to fly there and bring it back. That is a 1700 mile drive back home. More than likely I'll order closer to home. Oh, and one more thing, dealing with California DMV on an out of state vehicle is H E double hockey sticks!
How much is invoice vs MSRP on your build?

Users who are viewing this thread