5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Too many times I talk to people who think the salesman really cares about the deal you get.

This part really gets me....I often hear something along the lines of "and the salesman was really nice to me!" And of course I ask what they were like while negotiating the price to which I usually find out, that didn't happen at all. SHOCKING they were so nice, I always feel like my general reaction to that comes of as something like this:
slap-the-head-oh-no.gif

Derek916

Reaction score
Been working with Sandi at MD in my build since Last week of August. Two price increases and was informed the affiliate discount got discontinued since then. Sounds like I should try again next year so i can at least get 0% as 2022 fades out.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Been working with Sandi at MD in my build since Last week of August. Two price increases and was informed the affiliate discount got discontinued since then. Sounds like I should try again next year so i can at least get 0% as 2022 fades out.
did you not place an order yet? and affilitate for Mark dodge is 500 Dollars.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is no more affiliate discount, but if you already had Tread Lightly, as an example, they will refund you the $100 for your membership fee (Per Sandi from Mark Dodge to me via email yesterday).

Kenny4

Reaction score
While they don't have to discount, there are those out there that will.

I sent out my build from the website to 10 different dealers. Of the few that managed to actually pay attention to what I was asking for (a '22 black night edition limited) only 2 came back and offered me anything less than MSRP. One came in at wholesale (-~$10k) less any incentive at the time of delivery...so that is who I went with.

And now I wait for the truck and the dealer waits for the money they would never have got if I went elsewhere or said screw it to buying a vehicle altogether because I am NOT paying MSRP on a truck. That is just....wrong ;)

Some of them I couldn't believe though.....here you got a guy who knows what he wants (I stated I wanted a price on a factory order and understood the production issues happening) and you are trying to push him into a model year older with lesser features and WHITE because that is what you have in stock?! That wasn't what I was asking for.

They instantly got black flagged....right alongside the dealership I used to deal with. They phoned me and told me they wanted my truck and would pay me top dollar. So I figured I would entertain them. Then without my permission they pulled my payout amount to bargain in bad faith. They then offered me $34 less than I owed and laughed at how insane it was that their valuation and my buyout were so close (that is how I found out they pulled it). I proceeded to sell the truck privately for $13,000 more than their "Top Dollar" offer.
jb177----" That is just......wrong "---I like that.
Funny thing, I wasn't really even thinking of selling until that phone call. So they lost out....twice....in a series of events THEY set in motion:ROFLMAO: I am a pretty easy going guy but I don't have time for many dealers ******** and ethically devoid tactics and in this current market I think they best drop it because I don't think many people are going to be willing to take it.

Cookie0925

Reaction score
Looking at a 2021 Ram 2500 Laramie—loaded. MSRP: $80,250 Dealer Price: $74,022, but the fees are killing me $1277 (they claim it has do to with MN fees, truck is in Michigan). Should I pull the trigger?

Sash

Reaction score
I am a long time Chrysler customer , my lease is up on my ram I try getting a ram but no dealers want to deal, I try so hard and best I got was invoice thy don't even want to give friends and family discount, so I went to ford 5% under the invoice almost 10k of MSRP, I LOVE MY RAMS but dodge won't deal so I left, I have one more ram at the house when the lease is up I am not even going to tray to deal with them, I'm done with FCA.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am a long time Chrysler customer , my lease is up on my ram I try getting a ram but no dealers want to deal, I try so hard and best I got was invoice thy don't even want to give friends and family discount, so I went to ford 5% under the invoice almost 10k of MSRP, I LOVE MY RAMS but dodge won't deal so I left, I have one more ram at the house when the lease is up I am not even going to tray to deal with them, I'm done with FCA.
I find it amazing how folks think Ram should beat Ford in discounts yet forget Ram has the best looking, hottest selling truck on the market - and three great power plants too! If I’m selling manure, I’ll discount the heck out of it but if I’m selling gold (or semiconductor chips) it’s a different story.

Ford has to discount their trucks heavily because they took a huge hit in the 3rd quarter - Ram took a hit but not as substantial. It’s all about silly, demand and economics… it how much the salesman like your, your truck or the color of the tie you happen to be wearing that day. Enjoy your Ford(s).

Sash

Reaction score
I find it amazing how folks think Ram should beat Ford in discounts yet forget Ram has the best looking, hottest selling truck on the market - and three great power plants too! If I’m selling manure, I’ll discount the heck out of it but if I’m selling gold (or semiconductor chips) it’s a different story.

Ford has to discount their trucks heavily because they took a huge hit in the 3rd quarter - Ram took a hit but not as substantial. It’s all about silly, demand and economics… it how much the salesman like your, your truck or the color of the tie you happen to be wearing that day. Enjoy your Ford(s).

its cool mam, I have never pay MSRP for a car/truck and I will never do, ram won't deal I'm gone, I got me a loaded lariat f150 v8 MSRP 64500 FOR 54k , and if there is more rebates on the day of the delivery I will get that to, also in that price is not accounted my wife's first responder discount.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
its cool mam, I have never pay MSRP for a car/truck and I will never do, ram won't deal I'm gone, I got me a loaded lariat f150 v8 MSRP 64500 FOR 54k , and if there is more rebates on the day of the delivery I will get that to, also in that price is not accounted my wife's first responder discount.
I’ve never paid MSRP in the last 36 years of Ram ownership either…I just picked up a 2021 on 31 July for $7000 under MSRP after looking at numerous Ram dealers within a 200 mile radius. Three were willing to deal online and via IM/phone before I stepped out my door and one of these got my business…after driving past no less than six Ford dealers to get there! 😉

Sash

Reaction score
I’ve never paid MSRP in the last 36 years of Ram ownership either…I just picked up a 2021 on 31 July for $7000 under MSRP after looking at numerous Ram dealers within a 200 mile radius. Three were willing to deal online and via IM/phone before I stepped out my door and one of these got my business…after driving past no less than six Ford dealers to get there! 😉
I only found one dodge dealer willing to deal on custom order 4% under the invoice but is in Kentucky , I'm not driving from michigan to Kentucky to get a truck.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I only found one dodge dealer willing to deal on custom order 4% under the invoice but is in Kentucky , I'm not driving from michigan to Kentucky to get a truck.
Michigan? I’ve purchased from Blue Water CJDR in Port Huron as well as had service there ever since I married my wife from Port Huron back in 1987. They have discounts and negotiate even on the 2500’s which currently you won’t find very often. You might give them a call.

Last edited:

Sash

Reaction score
Michigan? I’ve purchased from Blue Water CJDR in Port Huron as well as had service there ever since I married my wife from Port Huron back in 1987. They have discounts and negotiate even in the 2500’s which crently is rare. You might give them a call.

20 miles away from me I will check them out

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
Michigan? I’ve purchased from Blue Water CJDR in Port Huron as well as had service there ever since I married my wife from Port Huron back in 1987. They have discounts and negotiate even on the 2500’s which currently you won’t find very often. You might give them a call.

Dang... they're already discounting 2022s pretty heavily. That's impressive.

soSincerious

Reaction score
just sayin ...

if you have a good trade and / or are financing with the dealer, you'll likely get more discount.

cash buyers with no trade calling from 200+ miles away likely get less discount.

Sash

Reaction score
just sayin ...

if you have a good trade and / or are financing with the dealer, you'll likely get more discount.

cash buyers with no trade calling from 200+ miles away likely get less discount.
lol dealers love customers like you, you think they give you discount on your new car but burn you on your trade in and the financing.
pure discount is what I got at ford I give them no trade in and paying cash for the truck MSRP 64400 sale price 55k

aussie_ram

Reaction score
Shame its a ford
lol dealers love customers like you, you think they give you discount on your new car but burn you on your trade in and the financing.
pure discount is what I got at ford I give them no trade in and paying cash for the truck MSRP 64400 sale price 55k

Shame that it's a Ford

soSincerious

Reaction score
I'm not "that" customer 😉

You got a great price 👍

slatersan

Reaction score
Your only problem is that you're the one left paying for and driving a Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread