5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Hasti17

Reaction score
Thank you! Does anyone know if the PenFed $$ will apply to the 2022's?
i already signed up for penfed as well, and have no reason to believe it will not. its a $5.00 investment in a credit union that could come in handy rate shopping if you finance anyway.

kglassic

Reaction score
September 13th, to be exact.
That means they're not giving us accurate info again (which doesn't go well when we share that info with customers). I was on the September allocation launch webinar on September 9 and we were told job 1 for the DT was on August 17 and they were already being produced.
How did you find out it was delayed?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That means they're not giving us accurate info again (which doesn't go well when we share that info with customers). I was on the September allocation launch webinar on September 9 and we were told job 1 for the DT was on August 17 and they were already being produced.
How did you find out it was delayed?
Technically, they produced some earlier (they were the pilot models - the first 200 VINs). There's a ton of information on this thread about the actual start of 2022 production:

omaha_cyclone

Reaction score
Order is in:

2022 1500 5.7 eTorque Limited (Non-Anniversary)

Motor Inn, Spirit Lake, IA
MSRP $77210
Quote $67460
Requires Tread Lightly 30 prior.

Night Edition
Granite Crystal Met Clear Coat
3.21 Axle
Trailer Tow Group
Dual Pane Pano Sunroof
Limited Level 1
RamBox
33 Gallon Tank
Multi-Function Tailgate
Anti Spin Differential

Basically this is every option I had available outside of off road. LL1 includes everything I would want from ASG and Technology Group.

Can't wait, even if it's 6 months out...

bdpeter

Reaction score
Considering trading my 2020 Laramie for a 21 Limited . I know there's a lot of talk about shortages in inventory and lack of dealer negotiation, but I found a Limited I liked for $1k over invoice.
about 4 hour drive:

MSRP: $73,730
Invoice: $67,700 (Costco)
Sell price: $68,500
before TTL
did not negotiate a trade price yet, but hoping to get $45k

that's after applicable incentives that I qualify for.

Thoughts?

brenan00

Reaction score
O
Considering trading my 2020 Laramie for a 21 Limited . I know there's a lot of talk about shortages in inventory and lack of dealer negotiation, but I found a Limited I liked for $1k over invoice.
about 4 hour drive:

before TTL

Thoughts?
if it is what you want and on the lot. Not bad thinking, you will have probably made 6 payments on this truck compared to ordering and saving another 2 or 3K but waiting who knows how long.

Mike7311

Reaction score
2021 Laramie 1500, V8eTorque, crew cab, 3.92 ratio, tow package, trailer package, level B. I had them remove all their dealer add on accessories like LowJack, etc.
MSRP 58,210
Dealer discount -1000
My price 57,210 + license, tax, etc.
0% APR 48 months
I had hard time finding a 3.92 gear ratio here in Southern California so I pulled the trigger on this last week. (-_-)

I’ve noticed this as well. Very few truck in SoCal have the 3.92, let alone packaged with the bigger gas tank. I can only imagine any well packaged truck sells very quickly. I’ve seen no Night Editions or BTS in months. The trucks on lot are “1quick order” max dealer profit trucks, meaning they have higher MSRP’s with overpriced options.

kglassic

Reaction score
about 4 hour drive:

before TTL

Thoughts?
That's an excellent deal in an in-stock Limited right now. With the 0% for 72 month financing you'll save more that you would placing an order right now.

Tika

Reaction score
2021 Laramie 1500, V8eTorque, crew cab, 3.92 ratio, tow package, trailer package, level B. I had them remove all their dealer add on accessories like LowJack, etc.
MSRP 58,210
Dealer discount -1000
My price 57,210 + license, tax, etc.
0% APR 48 months
I had hard time finding a 3.92 gear ratio here in Southern California so I pulled the trigger on this last week. (-_-)
elks grove in sacramento has like $3500 dealer disc and $1750 rebate.....short drive and tons of trucks

just checked 73 laramie 4x4s and 3k off sticker, BH get better discount

Tika

Reaction score
for those that got 22 models is the AC better?......thats a huge dealbreaker

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nobody knows. 2022’s haven’t started shipping yet.

Last edited:

brenan00

Reaction score
My MY21 is good but we do not get 30 straight of a 100+ like Sac. Back in the day I think that is where "Drive a little save a lot" came from. Sales tax because of BART was lower than down in the bay area. So it still holds true.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I went to the dealership a month ago, he told me they wouldn't discount the '21s on the lot much since someone will come and buy it at asking price. The only way I could get good discounts was by ordering a 22.
I just ordered a 22 today, and no current discounts in my area.

pinkerton

Reaction score
Help please. I'm working on an order for a Laramie at Mark Dodge and can't find remote start in any package. Does the Laramie come standard with remote start? I have a limited now so not sure.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Help please. I'm working on an order for a Laramie at Mark Dodge and can't find remote start in any package. Does the Laramie come standard with remote start? I have a limited now so not sure.
almost positive they do, ask about the Wireless phone charger while your at it, its not written anywhere in the promotional Crap but ill be real mad if they pulled that, too.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a 2022 Laramie build sheet that has it. But it was an early order.

Here's a later order, and it also has it.

So I assume the blanket answer is yes. But YMMV.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Here's a 2022 Laramie build sheet that has it. But it was an early order.

Here's a later order, and it also has it.

So I assume the blanket answer is yes. But YMMV.
first one has the wireless phone charger and the latter does not so kind of hoping i added enough bells to my build that itll be included since they werent supposed to have changed anything but the safety stuff on laramies. this'll be the straw that broke the camels back if they removed all the safety options AND something as simple as a wireless charging pad too.

pinkerton

Reaction score
first one has the wireless phone charger and the latter does not so kind of hoping i added enough bells to my build that itll be included since they werent supposed to have changed anything but the safety stuff on laramies. this'll be the straw that broke the camels back if they removed all the safety options AND something as simple as a wireless charging pad too.
They took away the power folding mirrors from the Level C package too - not a deal breaker for me but not cool either

Users who are viewing this thread