5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Hasti17

Reaction score
They took away the power folding mirrors from the Level C package too - not a deal breaker for me but not cool either
oh im still getting the truck but ill be complaining like hell. its agitating enough if this thing is gonna come equipped with less options as the same thing in 2020. but to pay more for a truck thats only Marginally better equipped than my current truck but $20,000 more is bewildering and disappointing

aussie_ram

Reaction score
I ordered from Mark Dodge yesterday. MSRP was $61,300 out the door for $54,745. Sandi was great to deal with. She said delivery would be appx 3 months (which I'm guessing is optimistic)

Sandi is the best. Even more so if her 3 month estimate is correct :)

Reaction score
I ordered from Mark Dodge yesterday. MSRP was $61,300 out the door for $54,745. Sandi was great to deal with. She said delivery would be appx 3 months (which I'm guessing is optimistic)
How responsive was she to your inquiries? Maybe I have too many questions, but my guy at MD is taking a long time to get me the info I want before I lay down a deposit.

How long did it take you from first contact to order confirmation? Did you get incentives and price protection in writing?

I understand they are busy, but this is pushing 2 weeks now...

davidv2135

Reaction score
How responsive was she to your inquiries? Maybe I have too many questions, but my guy at MD is taking a long time to get me the info I want before I lay down a deposit.

How long did it take you from first contact to order confirmation? Did you get incentives and price protection in writing?

I emailed Aaron and Sandi responded the next day. She was fantastic about answering any and all questions I had and making sure everything was right. The longest it's taken for her to respond was about a day and a half and that was this week otherwise usually within a few hours she responds. Her email is [email protected].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hasti17

Reaction score

I realize this is coming up on 8 weeks ago but when I ordered I called the dealership specifically asking for Aaron . Three hours from first contact to putting a deposit in

aussie_ram

Reaction score
I emailed Aaron and Sandi responded the next day. She was fantastic about answering any and all questions I had and making sure everything was right. The longest it's taken for her to respond was about a day and a half and that was this week otherwise usually within a few hours she responds. Her email is [email protected].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just further to this, she did take a few days to respond to me this week and said coming towards the end of every month, they are always slammed.

Crash55

Reaction score
I ordered mine at a local dealer back on 4 Sep. I was sent the VIN via text on 20 Sep. Most dealers wanted full MSRP. The one I ordered with did FWP pricing. He also offered the most for my trade

pinkerton

Reaction score

I didn't have any questions. I just emailed her exactly what I wanted and she emailed back the same day, then I had to email back a copy of my DL, bank statement, etc and then she called and took my deposit. It took one day.

scubes13

Reaction score
Order placed yesterday with Criswell for '22 RAM 1500 Limited.

500+ miles closer than Mark Dodge. ~$400 cheaper than Mark Dodge.

Both teams have been super helpful.

DesertRat

Reaction score
I have called two dealers and they both said that the tan interiors are on restricted status or unavailable and the Ram box is not available on the Bighorn. Why does RAM still have these as options on their site when configuring a truck.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have called two dealers and they both said that the tan interiors are on restricted status or unavailable and the Ram box is not available on the Bighorn. Why does RAM still have these as options on their site when configuring a truck.
The ram site still list the 2021 options and pricing even though the 22's are already on the lots. FCA is being slow to update the site it seems.

Crash55

Reaction score
Before I ordered my Limited I went through the build process for a 22 Bighorn and ram boxes were still an option for ordering as of 3 Sep

Big Tup

Reaction score
Has anyone in the Pittsburgh, PA area recently ordered a 2022 Ram? I would like to order a 2022 Limited Longhorn. Several of the dealers I have inquired with in the Pittsburgh area are stating that my cost would be List Price / MSRP minus any Ram discounts at time of delivery. Another words, no dealer-specific discounts or incentives. I thoroughly understand the state of the Auto market in terms of supply and demand and the extra strain on manufacturers due to microchip shortage, general supply-chain issues, and rising costs of supplies such as steel and plastics. However, are dealers in the Pittsburgh area not providing any "dealer" discounts (unrelated to Ram discounts/rebates) off of the purchase of a special order 2022 Ram?

soSincerious

Reaction score
thing is - dealers don't have to discount. nor is there incentive beyond a very short term gain
dealers have to try and make the same amount of money with less inventory.
therefore, if you sell all your inventory too quickly and on skinny profits, that dealer starves for the month.

I honestly don't see things turning around all that quickly either. it's a wild time

truckless

Reaction score
thing is - dealers don't have to discount. nor is there incentive beyond a very short term gain
dealers have to try and make the same amount of money with less inventory.
therefore, if you sell all your inventory too quickly and on skinny profits, that dealer starves for the month.

I honestly don't see things turning around all that quickly either. it's a wild time

While they don't have to discount, there are those out there that will.

I sent out my build from the website to 10 different dealers. Of the few that managed to actually pay attention to what I was asking for (a '22 black night edition limited) only 2 came back and offered me anything less than MSRP. One came in at wholesale (-~$10k) less any incentive at the time of delivery...so that is who I went with.

And now I wait for the truck and the dealer waits for the money they would never have got if I went elsewhere or said screw it to buying a vehicle altogether because I am NOT paying MSRP on a truck. That is just....wrong ;)

Some of them I couldn't believe though.....here you got a guy who knows what he wants (I stated I wanted a price on a factory order and understood the production issues happening) and you are trying to push him into a model year older with lesser features and WHITE because that is what you have in stock?! That wasn't what I was asking for.

They instantly got black flagged....right alongside the dealership I used to deal with. They phoned me and told me they wanted my truck and would pay me top dollar. So I figured I would entertain them. Then without my permission they pulled my payout amount to bargain in bad faith. They then offered me $34 less than I owed and laughed at how insane it was that their valuation and my buyout were so close (that is how I found out they pulled it). I proceeded to sell the truck privately for $13,000 more than their "Top Dollar" offer.

Funny thing, I wasn't really even thinking of selling until that phone call. So they lost out....twice....in a series of events THEY set in motion:ROFLMAO: I am a pretty easy going guy but I don't have time for many dealers ******** and ethically devoid tactics and in this current market I think they best drop it because I don't think many people are going to be willing to take it.

Last edited:

soSincerious

Reaction score
Wait wait wait ... You contacted a dealership and they tried to sell you something??

I'll tell ya, the nerve of these businesses trying to make business happen ... That's none of their business!!

truckless

Reaction score
Wait wait wait ... You contacted a dealership and they tried to sell you something??

I'll tell ya, the nerve of these businesses trying to make business happen ... That's none of their business!!

Auto sales is largely a relationship selling industry. Relationships are based on communication and trust. Don't pay attention to my wants or needs or violate my trust...sayonara.

And let's not forget.... The dealership that violated my trust was the one who started the whole process by Contact me saying they wanted to buy my truck back.

Mike7311

Reaction score
Just a friendly reminder, dealers are not your friends. They have one job, make the maximum amount of money per transaction. You may be friendly with a salesman, but that person has a boss and they care about one thing, the bottom line. I hope this helps people when they go to negotiate. Too many times I talk to people who think the salesman really cares about the deal you get. Always be ready to walk away. Remember there are four areas that will try to get you in.

Sale Price
Add ons
Trade in
Financing

Tactics usually include offering one or two of these at an amazing deal, but screwing you on the other two. Do your homework and make them uncomfortable with your knowledge.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread