5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

theeuroguy

Reaction score
I cannot, i called every dealer Within 60 miles. Southwest package is Only sold in Texas+Surrounding States, and a build optioned with the same features as the southwest up here came in at just around 67k for a Laramie. Crazier Still i could not order Olive green+brown interior+sport package and that is the combination the wife and i Decided on. and the wife and i were meaning to take a trip to Nashville anyway, so Arkansas is the natural pick because its a few hours drive to Nashville.
You might check with Aaron at Mark CDJR. A little further than Arkansas, but it might be worth it.

rossn2

Reaction score
New User Here, i'm looking to put in my deposit on a ram build today, Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Crew cab short bed With the southwest package, off-road package, 33Gal tank and the level A tech group. I Live in NY and travelling to Arkansas to get the southwest package with the right color and interior configuration. best dealer (Frank Fletcher CJDR) is negotiating @ predicted MSRP of 61700 with a 6-9 week expected delivery. My Question is i'm looking for a more concise listing of any coupons and offers. i will be making a PenFed account today and have seen mention here of an fca brochure that involves another coupon. i have a supplier discount as well that should take it to below invoice but I'm hoping to put together a to-do list of coupons or discounts i can gather prior to the truck being ready to maximize the discounts I will take at delivery. any help from the collective knowledge would be great, Thanks All!
Arkansas not a few hours from Nashville anymore since the I-40 Bridge closure..

Hasti17

Reaction score
Yep, count me as 3. And another NYer who bought from Mark Dodge as well. Wouldn't hurt to at least check with them.
Aaron Is working my build sheet now, if y'all are correct, then i will be placing my order with them as soon as he returns the paperwork. The $1000 deposit alone is huge, in AR the lowest deposit was 1k and the highest was nearly 6500 just for the deposit.

Rau

Reaction score
Yep, count me as 3. And another NYer who bought from Mark Dodge as well. Wouldn't hurt to at least check with them.
I still regret I didn't make a move when they were having $14k off deals a few months ago :(

firedfly

Reaction score
Does anyone know what Mark Dodge is offering on new builds today?
I got ~5% under invoice on my Limited. I just ordered yesterday. I imagine the pricing varies based on trim level and options, though. Additionally, if there are any incentives available at delivery, then they will be applied to further reduce the price.

CentralPaRam

Reaction score
Aaron Is working my build sheet now, if y'all are correct, then i will be placing my order with them as soon as he returns the paperwork. The $1000 deposit alone is huge, in AR the lowest deposit was 1k and the highest was nearly 6500 just for the deposit.
I worked with Mark Dodge on a somewhat similar build. Southwest package and ORG are great values! I live near a volume dealer in Pennsylvania, and they said they same thing, they tried but just could not get FCA to make an exception and send them a Ram with the Southwest package.

Mark Dodge has been great to work with. My truck comes in tomorrow. They will set up shipping for you at your costs (if you don't want to drive to pick it up), but one thing that took a leap of faith is that I had to pay for the truck sight unseen. Wish I could have taken a flight down and test drove before buying, but the costs of flying down and driving up vs. having it shipped were really close (not to mention my time in driving it up).

CentralPaRam

Reaction score
My Question is i'm looking for a more concise listing of any coupons and offers. i will be making a PenFed account today and have seen mention here of an fca brochure that involves another coupon

I think this thread may have the best list of coupons and offers:

jrizzie

Reaction score
bought my 2020 laramie sport last september when they were trying to MOVE units for the '21s.

MSRP - $56k
out the door - $42k

Hasti17

Reaction score
I worked with Mark Dodge on a somewhat similar build. Southwest package and ORG are great values! I live near a volume dealer in Pennsylvania, and they said they same thing, they tried but just could not get FCA to make an exception and send them a Ram with the Southwest package.

Mark Dodge has been great to work with. My truck comes in tomorrow. They will set up shipping for you at your costs (if you don't want to drive to pick it up), but one thing that took a leap of faith is that I had to pay for the truck sight unseen. Wish I could have taken a flight down and test drove before buying, but the costs of flying down and driving up vs. having it shipped were really close (not to mention my time in driving it up).
I just talked to Aaron this morning, build came out to 63,505. Sale price 55,543. Absolutely blown away ive talked to at least 15 dealers and none would even imply they would go lower than msrp let alone say it out front. I am 100% working with mark dodge and at this point im just waiting for them to take my money. We will fly down and make it a road trip coming back. But i hope you are just as happy with your build as i am excited to place mine!

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I still regret I didn't make a move when they were having $14k off deals a few months ago :(

Yeah I was regretting not ordering earlier too, only getting a little under 16% off msrp on my order (a little under $12,000 off a msrp of $71,410) as I knew people had done a lot better at times during the year before. Then I got real fortunate with my 2017s value going way up while I was waiting on the new order and it made me come out a lot better overall on my deal. So ya never know, maybe it will still all work out for the best, I certainly didn't foresee my situation working out like it did.

Being on here before placing an order is already a good head start though, at least you know what you are dealing with market wise.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I am considering not taking delivery of the truck I ordered April 30 and getting my $500 deposit back. The dealer is playing games.

The issue is that when I ordered I got incentives locked in through Sold Order Protection. At the time it was 0% for 72 months plus $500 cash back. I also had been a PenFed member for about a year, and want to use that certificate. I asked the dealer if I should get a PenFed certificate so he could put it in as part of the Sold Order protection. At the time I saw on here a person or two who were unable to get the certificate applied at time of delivery if it wasn't part of the sold order protection at time of order. The dealer insisted it would not be a problem, the certificate could be added later, there was no use of me getting a code at the time of order since they expire and I would need to get another one later.

So, truck comes in on Tuesday. He goes to apply the PenFed certificate. It won't let him add the certificate and keep the Sold Order incentives. So he called Chrysler. They told him they can't do anything and suggested calling PenFed. He calls PenFed. They call me. They escalate it. A day later I'm called back saying they can't do anything. Dealer suggests me calling Chrysler. I call Chrysler. It is escalated and I should hear word by tomorrow on if they will honor it. I'm not holding my breath.

When I even brought up the possibility of the dealer giving me more for my trade, for example, he was all "Well, I know where you're going with this..." before I even got my complete thought out. A much better response would have been "I know it sucks. We'll make it right if Chrysler won't."

At this point I'm thinking the dealer won't do anything, and I'm not holding my breath that Chrysler will honor the certificate.

I think at this point I might just not take the truck. Some will say it is "only" $1000. To me is is more the principal of it. I would enjoy it less knowing I didn't get the deal I was supposed to get. Plus I don't need some of the things on the Limited and only went with a Limited because of blind spot not being on Laramies right now. It also sucks knowing that in a week trucks will be produced with UConnect 5 with the Tom Tom maps and traffic, which is IMO a huge upgrade over the navigation and infotainment system in the 2021 trucks.

If I don't take it, I would then just get my 2020 windows tinted, a spray in liner, and probably order a 2023 or 2024 Laramie in a couple years from Aaron (if they are still giving good deals and treating people right).

SBrentnall

Reaction score
So I am considering not taking delivery of the truck I ordered April 30 and getting my $500 deposit back. The dealer is playing games.

The issue is that when I ordered I got incentives locked in through Sold Order Protection. At the time it was 0% for 72 months plus $500 cash back. I also had been a PenFed member for about a year, and want to use that certificate. I asked the dealer if I should get a PenFed certificate so he could put it in as part of the Sold Order protection. At the time I saw on here a person or two who were unable to get the certificate applied at time of delivery if it wasn't part of the sold order protection at time of order. The dealer insisted it would not be a problem, the certificate could be added later, there was no use of me getting a code at the time of order since they expire and I would need to get another one later.

So, truck comes in on Tuesday. He goes to apply the PenFed certificate. It won't let him add the certificate and keep the Sold Order incentives. So he called Chrysler. They told him they can't do anything and suggested calling PenFed. He calls PenFed. They call me. They escalate it. A day later I'm called back saying they can't do anything. Dealer suggests me calling Chrysler. I call Chrysler. It is escalated and I should hear word by tomorrow on if they will honor it. I'm not holding my breath.

When I even brought up the possibility of the dealer giving me more for my trade, for example, he was all "Well, I know where you're going with this..." before I even got my complete thought out. A much better response would have been "I know it sucks. We'll make it right if Chrysler won't."

At this point I'm thinking the dealer won't do anything, and I'm not holding my breath that Chrysler will honor the certificate.

I think at this point I might just not take the truck. Some will say it is "only" $1000. To me is is more the principal of it. I would enjoy it less knowing I didn't get the deal I was supposed to get. Plus I don't need some of the things on the Limited and only went with a Limited because of blind spot not being on Laramies right now. It also sucks knowing that in a week trucks will be produced with UConnect 5 with the Tom Tom maps and traffic, which is IMO a huge upgrade over the navigation and infotainment system in the 2021 trucks.

If I don't take it, I would then just get my 2020 windows tinted, a spray in liner, and probably order a 2023 or 2024 Laramie in a couple years from Aaron (if they are still giving good deals and treating people right).

The exact same thing happened to me this week. When I ordered I was told Pen Fed could be applied at time of delivery, so the dealer only locked in the 0% financing. Now I'm being told that their software won't allow them to add the Pen Fed rebate.

They did promise that if I'm able to find a way for them to add it via my conversations with RAM Chat and Pen Fed, they'll do it and send me a check for $1000 even after the truck is shipped to me.

brenan00

Reaction score
Yeah I was regretting not ordering earlier too, only getting a little under 16% off msrp on my order (a little under $12,000 off a msrp of $71,410) as I knew people had done a lot better at times during the year before. Then I got real fortunate with my 2017s value going way up while I was waiting on the new order and it made me come out a lot better overall on my deal. So ya never know, maybe it will still all work out for the best, I certainly didn't foresee my situation working out like it did.

Being on here before placing an order is already a good head start though, at least you know what you are dealing with market wise.
I feel fortunate finding this forum and this thread after I ordered my truck at the time I was happy with msrp of $65K. I did not add the sunroof or night edition, it kept the price down. Being in Hawaii makes it hard to do a Mark Dodge order, probably possible a cost of $2500 to ship. So with finding affiliate pricing got me down to $59K and I found $2500 in coupons, so I am at $56.5K. At Mark I guess I would be around $54K add the shipping back to $56.5K. So after writing this I guess I did about as good as I could. If we still have 0% for 48 (I prequalified at Chrysler Financing up to $83 (I should of got a TRX)) next month when the truck delivers. I will get the dealer to clear bra and ceramic the paint, ceramic the windows and windshield, see if they will try and match Zeigler (get close), and a maintenance plan with pup. If not I cut a check for $50K and walk, I put down $6500, and get these things in the community. Lastly maybe there will be a dealer rebate next month (NOT), maybe some of the loyalty stuff. Later.

Maybe I'll sell it back to them and start all over, if they want to give me $65K. I would seriously think about starting all over again. They only have 1 Laramie on the lot and 2 rebels in transit.

dwalme

Reaction score
I think at this point I might just not take the truck. Some will say it is "only" $1000. To me is is more the principal of it. I would enjoy it less knowing I didn't get the deal I was supposed to get. Plus I don't need some of the things on the Limited and only went with a Limited because of blind spot not being on Laramies right now.

It has nothing to do with paying $1000 more and everything to do with the dealer not keeping their word. Even if it is was just a mistake. They need to do right and stick to their word. If not then walk.

4th RAM

Reaction score
I'm disappointed to hear that the PenFed discount can't be added later. I was hoping to use it.

firedfly

Reaction score
I'm disappointed to hear that the PenFed discount can't be added later. I was hoping to use it.
My understanding is that it can be added at delivery. The issue some people have is that they locked in incentives when they ordered, but the PenFed discount wasn't included. Now that it is delivery time, the incentives available when the order was placed are no longer available. There are two choices: 1) take the incentives that were locked in when ordering 2) take current incentives + PenFed.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with paying $1000 more and everything to do with the dealer not keeping their word. Even if it is was just a mistake. They need to do right and stick to their word. If not then walk.
The dealer would love for him to walk. The dealer would then sell the truck to someone else for more money.

I get standing up for the principal of it, and I’d be ticked, too. But if you want to stick it to the dealer…walking away isn’t the way, not in this market. Sucks, but that’s the truth.

Users who are viewing this thread