5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

RAM1500_SoCal

Reaction score
I'm currently looking at a 2019 Big Horn CC 4x4 with the options I want.

MSRP = $54,460
After dealer discounts = $48,248
Rebate = $1,250
Final Price = $46,998 before tax/reg/fees
MF = .00009
Residual = 58%
Lease Terms = 3 yr/12k mi.
Down Payment = $2k

Monthly Payment = $475/mo.

It's within the monthly payment I wanted to be at but not sure I'm getting the best deal out there. I'm thinking I might be able to get a slightly better deal and work a bigger dealer discount. Thoughts?

Wiggum

Reaction score

MSRP = $54,460
Rebate = $1,250
MF = .00009
Residual = 58%
Down Payment = $2k

It's within the monthly payment I wanted to be at but not sure I'm getting the best deal out there. I'm thinking I might be able to get a slightly better deal and work a bigger dealer discount. Thoughts?

That feels expensive to me. . Was the Down Payment a cap cost reduction or the taxes and fees including first payment? That money factor seems very low. Make sure it is correct. I do not expect to pay that much.

I am going into the dealers next week to start looking and seeing what I can do. One dealer near me has a deal for 7500 miles for the laramie. I want to see if I can get them to 10k or 12k for not much more unless I can find a better deal.

Ram copy.jpg

RAM1500_SoCal

Reaction score
That feels expensive to me. . Was the Down Payment a cap cost reduction or the taxes and fees including first payment? That money factor seems very low. Make sure it is correct. I do not expect to pay that much.

I am going into the dealers next week to start looking and seeing what I can do. One dealer near me has a deal for 7500 miles for the laramie. I want to see if I can get them to 10k or 12k for not much more unless I can find a better deal.

View attachment 6944

The down payment will cover 1st month payment and the remaining balance is cap reduction. The money factor is correct and matches the one provided in the Edmunds forums for a 2019 Big Horn. The dealer discounts is about 3.5% under invoice based on my calculations. I’m going to counter offer at 6% under invoice and go from there. Trying to finalize a deal this weekend.

Wiggum

Reaction score
The down payment will cover 1st month payment and the remaining balance is cap reduction. The money factor is correct and matches the one provided in the Edmunds forums for a 2019 Big Horn. The dealer discounts is about 3.5% under invoice based on my calculations. I’m going to counter offer at 6% under invoice and go from there. Trying to finalize a deal this weekend.

Negotiate no cap cost reduction as well if you can as well. That is a nice MF. Good luck and do not be afraid to check other dealers.

I am in good shape. I have about 5-6 dealers all within about 30 minutes of each other or so. Hopefully these dealers are ready to make a deal.

Nebidok

Reaction score
2019 Big Horn 4x4 Crew 3.21 5.7L

MSRP 51K

Not sure how all the discounts were broken down

Paid 38.5K tax not included with 2 years free oil change

No trade No military or any other Sams club or anything.

I did read literally every post on this and feel I got a fair deal.
I live in Arkansas and dang I love this truck. 1 week in!

Ls15

Reaction score

MSRP = $54,460
Rebate = $1,250
MF = .00009
Residual = 58%
Down Payment = $2k

As long as mf/residual are correct . I would look at 475/mo with no down payment. Have them add more dealer discount and sold !

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Here is the offer I have from a local dealer on a 2019 Limited order

MSRP 63910
Price 54500 plus $699 processing and $160 misc. fees, less incentives at time of delivery

Dealer offered to lock $2500 in current incentives but would keep anything over that if higher at delivery. I'm thinking of taking my chances on incentives at delivery?

gatorhwk

Reaction score
After a few months of wavering between a Bighorn or Laramie, whether to place on order or find something on a lot ... local versus out of state, dealer hopping in person and online; I picked the winner from only 3 models to make the cut within 150 miles of the homestead.

2019 Laramie CC 4x2 Granite Crystal Sport Package, Level 1, Under Seat Storage, Anti-Spin, HEMI eTorque & 8.4 Nav
MSRP - 51305
Selling Price - 43611 (8% below invoice)
Rebates - 3000 RAM, 1000 Truck Owner, 500 Sams Club, 500 RAM cash
Sub-Total before TTR - 38611 (24.7% below MSRP)

Hooray Me!

Limbeck

Reaction score
I ordered a Limited with pretty much every option and got $11,500 off MSRP. Shopped several dealers and kept going until I got a couple that couldn’t beat the price I ended up at. The MSRP was around $68K USD

Glenners

Reaction score
Holdback is connected to days in inventory, not every deal provides hold-back, and said hold-back diminishes the longer it sits. VPA (vehicle performance allowance) is achieved when a dealer hits their FCA dictated target, however, the pay-outs are so small now that it is not a motivator for a loss any longer.

Longhorn

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any dealers in the SoCal area where I can get a good deal?

DSGB

Reaction score
I would like to do a special order to get the specs I want....

Hey Longhorn, I also have a guy at the Hunter Ram in Lancaster.

Ask for either Chris Boosalis or Jason.....they'll hook you up....alot better than most of the dealers in SoCal

Last edited:

Longhorn

Reaction score
Hey Longhorn, I also have a guy at the Hunter Ram in Lancaster.

Ask for either Chris Boosalis or Jason.....they'll hook you a lot better than most of the dealers in SoCal

Thank you. I’m in palmdale so that will work.

Users who are viewing this thread