5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

T_Strey5

Reaction score
Does anyone have a dealership they could recommend in Southern California that'll sell their vehicle below invoice? I found a dealer in IL that's 9% below invoice but would like to save myself the 2k mile drive back.
What’s the dealership in IL?

Mike67

Reaction score
Guys, I could really use your help. I've been trying to find my truck but it just isn't out there...so I'm looking to order.

2019 Laramie Quad Cab 4x4
Billet Silver
5.7L V8 Hemi
Sport Appearance Package
Laramie Level 1 Equipment Group
Uconnect 4C with Nav
Rear Wheelhouse Liners

MSRP comes to $51565

I got the following info off of the build order sheet
HB: 1496
FFP: 47031
EP: 45259

I also qualify for $5000 in incentives

How much do you think I should I pay for this truck?
Base off of what i have seen in this thread 6 to 7% off of invoice.
Depends on dealer.
My offer was 6% off invoice + $200 doc fee.

Last edited:

wolf1776

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased a truck from Tyson Motors in IL? Just wondering how that process went for you. Their deal just seems to good to be true...

DaYooper

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased a truck from Tyson Motors in IL? Just wondering how that process went for you. Their deal just seems to good to be true...
I ordered mine from Jason at Tyson Motors.

So far, so good. My truck was just built so I have a few weeks before I go pick it up. I thought the price was pretty much in line with other "volume dealers" posted here, but the process was just so simple. Everything was done via email except a final call to confirm the details and give them a deposit.

Once I pick up my truck, I'll post the numbers here for future buyers as I found this thread extremely useful when shopping. I just want to make sure no surprises pop up before I post here.

BTW, for those closer to Idaho, I also got a pretty good price from Kent Shurtleff of Peterson Auto Group. It's just that Tyson Motors price was better and they are 1500 miles closer to me.

jastevenson

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a dealership within 500 miles of central Florida that has good deals? If people are getting 9% off invoice, that sounds pretty good to me.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
Laramie, 62k sticker at Meador, 48500 after rebates and got 49k for my 17 chevy LTZ, gota know how to work those end of the month deals.

How do you find local guys on here who work on these, I need a lift and am in the DFW area.

meltedcheez

Reaction score
I do, but they are only 1k off of invoice. I didn't realize the price would vary so much from dealership to dealership.

Are you looking to order or purchase from inventory?

Bob Baker CDJR in Carlsbad might work with you. If I was going to purchase again I would probably check them out first.

I purchased mine from Lake Elsenore but they didn't want to negotiate beyond their applied dealer discount. I ended up getting about 5% off invoice.

wolf1776

Reaction score
Are you looking to order or purchase from inventory?

Bob Baker CDJR in Carlsbad might work with you. If I was going to purchase again I would probably check them out first.

I purchased mine from Lake Elsenore but they didn't want to negotiate beyond their applied dealer discount. I ended up getting about 5% off invoice.
I’m going to order. That’s a good deal from Lake Elsinore. Did they try to recoup their money with a bunch of add ons when you went through the finance department?

Cannonball

Reaction score
Need a little help deciding on these 2 offers @KJRam , factory order, Thanks in advance!

MSRP on a Limited 65405

Local dealer 53905 he keeps any incentives available at time of delivery but he is locking (included) 2500 now
Dealer 600 miles away (Koons) 54081 less any incentives available at delivery

Both said that the current 1500 consumer cash is protected on sold orders and included above. Processing fee and tag are virtually the same for both. I am wondering what the local dealer knows that has him insisting on keeping any incentives over 2500? Any thoughts appreciated.
What discounts are included in Koons price as shown? What other rebates might you qualify for? Usaa, penfed, conquest etc.

Without knowing the details I'd lean towards Koons and buy the call vs the put. Discounts more often go up with time.

W9MCP

Reaction score
I have a Ram dealer a half mile from my office, so they’re going to be convenient for service, etc. After fairly simple negotiations, we ended up at ~$11k off MSRP or 8.7% below invoice (plus an expected doc fee). All in all, I want them to keep their doors open and not frown when I walk in, and I want to turn around and spend some of the savings on a 6-8 year transferable warranty thru some place like Zeigler (unless my dealer will match but I doubt it); I may splurge for the soft trim appearance plan given all the leather.

Jr2121

Reaction score
Thoughts.....
I have one RAM dealer in my area. They have thrown out there: $1,000 below invoice (if I order one), and I get to keep any rebates that are available when it shows up.
From what I am hearing, delivery is typically 6-8 weeks, so I would be looking mid to late December.
Is this a legit offer, or would you recommend traveling a bit to try to find something better.
I’m in NE Iowa.

meltedcheez

Reaction score
I’m going to order. That’s a good deal from Lake Elsinore. Did they try to recoup their money with a bunch of add ons when you went through the finance department?

I was warned that they would try that along with the Nitrogen filled tires, alarm system and upholstery treatment but their sales manager only made mention of it once. I didn't have to negotiate any of that crap out of the deal. I knew what I wanted upfront. Took it home for 3k less OTD than DCH's offer. I was also looking at Huntington Beach but didn't want to hassle with their BS bait and switch games.

6/18 build
MSRP $47,560
Dealer Dsicount $5,160
Rebates $5,700
Sales price $36,700 plus tax, reg, doc fees

This was back in August.

RAM1500_SoCal

Reaction score
I was warned that they would try that along with the Nitrogen filled tires, alarm system and upholstery treatment but their sales manager only made mention of it once. I didn't have to negotiate any of that crap out of the deal. I knew what I wanted upfront. Took it home for 3k less OTD than DCH's offer. I was also looking at Huntington Beach but didn't want to hassle with their BS bait and switch games.

6/18 build
MSRP $47,560
Dealer Dsicount $5,160
Rebates $5,700
Sales price $36,700 plus tax, reg, doc fees

This was back in August.

I had to go through the same BS with HB Dodge and DCH Temecula didn't want to work on a deal. I emailed/called at least 20 dealerships all around SoCal and got the best price/deal from Orange Coast CJDR in Costa Mesa. I signed some disclosure documents about Nitrogen filled tires and the alarm system but this was not added on top of the MSRP of the truck or bundled into the deal. The rep I worked with said all their cars come with it included at no cost.

Longhorn

Reaction score
I had to go through the same BS with HB Dodge and DCH Temecula didn't want to work on a deal. I emailed/called at least 20 dealerships all around SoCal and got the best price/deal from Orange Coast CJDR in Costa Mesa. I signed some disclosure documents about Nitrogen filled tires and the alarm system but this was not added on top of the MSRP of the truck or bundled into the deal. The rep I worked with said all their cars come with it included at no cost.

If you don’t mind me asking... did you get the oc e price or did they go lower? If so how much lower? Thanks.

MikeHoncho

Reaction score
If anyone can recommend a dealership in MA,CT, or NH that would be grate. Didn't have a good experience with the one I just came from.

Users who are viewing this thread