5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Thedonandmikeshow

Reaction score
I ordered a Limited with pretty much every option and got $11,500 off MSRP. Shopped several dealers and kept going until I got a couple that couldn’t beat the price I ended up at. The MSRP was around $68K USD
What dealer please?

Thedonandmikeshow

Reaction score
I am in Maryland, north of Baltimore near the Pennsylvania line.

Pasted below is my final list of all options I must have.

I am willing to fly to Detroit and drive the truck home if I must.

Please where do you fellows think I can get the absolute lowest price for this vehicle.

Thanks so much...

Here is the list -

2019 Ram 1500 Options -

Limited Trim Line
4x4 - 6’4 Box.
Diamond Black Crystal Pearl Exterior.
Black Interior Color.
V8 HEMI eTorque Engine.
Body-Color Bumper Group.
Bed Utility Group.
Level 1 Equipment Group.
Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover.
3.92 Rear Axle Ratio.
E-Locker Rear Axle.
Panoramic Sunroof.
33 Gallon Fuel Tank.
22-Inch x 9-Inch Polished Wheels.
Trailer Brake Control.
Engine Block Heater.
Protection Group.

MSRP Detroit - $70,880

Last edited:

Thedonandmikeshow

Reaction score
Call Craig Benner at Koons Tysons in Virginia, you'll be GLAD you did!!!

John
Hi, thanks a lot. I looked at some of your past messages and I see what you bought.

I have a couple questions please -
1. How long did your truck take to arrive?
2. Would you please suggest how I might go about negotiating the type of good deal you got from him. I hate negotiating but I will do it if I must.

Ls15

Reaction score
Hi, thanks a lot. I looked at some of your past messages and I see what you bought.

2. Would you please suggest how I might go about negotiating the type of good deal you got from him. I hate negotiating but I will do it if I must.

Heard there pretty aggressive with pricing so maybe just mention the deal and the forums . I believe they’ve gotten quite a bit of business from here .

Thedonandmikeshow

Reaction score
Sadly you might not be able to get that great of a deal then. I’m not saying you can’t but if you are ONLY going by what you saw on a website and have yet to speak to someone in detail I wouldn’t hold my breathe.

A dealer by me LOVES to post their internet price with every rebate under God’s green earth knowing full well everyone won’t qualify. They do this just to make the price seem super low. On top of that they claim they are removing the destination fee out and try to charge for your it a second time. Hell they had 66k Limiteds claiming to be on sale for 52k.

To answer your question if you can seriously get 13,500 that’s an ABSURD deal compared to most. I got a little more than 11,000 and that was awesome and I shopped around a lot before I ordered. Like I said though if you have yet to talk to someone I’d take these internet prices with a grain of salt.
Hey where did you buy from?

knightro84

Reaction score

On number 2 - there is no negotiating with Craig. You send him the truck build you want, he will price it. It will be 7% below invoice, plus any cash incentives from Ram, plus tax, tag and $699 dealer fee.

I ordered from Craig on 10/5 and he said likely 6-8 weeks for delivery.

Thedonandmikeshow

Reaction score
On number 2 - there is no negotiating with Craig. You send him the truck build you want, he will price it. It will be 7% below invoice, plus any cash incentives from Ram, plus tax, tag and $699 dealer fee.

I ordered from Craig on 10/5 and he said likely 6-8 weeks for delivery.
Thank you

RAM1500_SoCal

Reaction score
Walked in to look at a Big Horn and walking out with a 2019 Laramie 4x4 Hemi eTorque.

MSRP $55,900
Dealer Discount $6,708
Selling Price $49,192
Rebates $3,750
Money Factor = .00009
Residual % = 57% or $31,863
Leasing at $0 down for 3 yrs./12k mi. for $520/mo.

We started negotiations at $610/mo and worked our way to $520. Was trying to get $510 for about an hour and wouldn’t budge. Happy with the deal especially with $0 out of pocket.

Last edited:

karmasoft

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Limited Crew Cab 4x4
MSRP $67,755
- $9,739 Dealer sale & negotiation
+ $5,962 Taxes, extended warranty, maintenance, doc fees, registration, etc.
= $63,978 paid (100% cash)

Sandy, UT October 2018

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Need a little help deciding on these 2 offers @KJRam , factory order, Thanks in advance!

MSRP on a Limited 65405

Local dealer 53905 he keeps any incentives available at time of delivery but he is locking (included) 2500 now
Dealer 600 miles away (Koons) 54081 less any incentives available at delivery

Both said that the current 1500 consumer cash is protected on sold orders and included above. Processing fee and tag are virtually the same for both. I am wondering what the local dealer knows that has him insisting on keeping any incentives over 2500? Any thoughts appreciated.

Last edited:

Mike67

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Limited Crew Cab 4x4
MSRP $67,755
- $9,739 Dealer sale & negotiation
+ $5,962 Taxes, extended warranty, maintenance, doc fees, registration, etc.
= $63,978 paid (100% cash)

Sandy, UT October 2018
Karmasoft, you were able to order etorque?
What was your order date?

karmasoft

Reaction score
Karmasoft, you were able to order etorque?
What was your order date?
Mike67, I was unable to order eTorque. I called six Ram dealers and heard, "end of November," to, "sometime in January," -- apparently the eTorque option is currently disabled on their electronic order form. Given the ambiguity, and given the dealer had a unit with eTorque and options close enough to what I wanted, I went for it.

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
Anybody know the hold up with the eTorque? Is it a shortage? I think they're both (6 and 8) being supplied by different third party manufacturers.

Just wondering if anybody heard of potential issues, or if simply a supply problem.

Last edited:

Gatornation9999

Reaction score
Anybody know the hold up with the eTorque? Is it a shortage? I think they're both (6 and 8) being supplied by different third party manufacturers.

Just wondering if anybody heard of potential issues, or if simply a supply problem.
I was told that between the V6 eTorque kicking off and higher than expected orders for it, they’re having trouble getting enough supplies.

Griff

Reaction score
Guys, I could really use your help. I've been trying to find my truck but it just isn't out there...so I'm looking to order.

2019 Laramie Quad Cab 4x4
Billet Silver
5.7L V8 Hemi
Sport Appearance Package
Laramie Level 1 Equipment Group
Uconnect 4C with Nav
Rear Wheelhouse Liners

MSRP comes to $51565

I got the following info off of the build order sheet
HB: 1496
FFP: 47031
EP: 45259

I also qualify for $5000 in incentives

How much do you think I should I pay for this truck?

wolf1776

Reaction score
Does anyone have a dealership they could recommend in Southern California that'll sell their vehicle below invoice? I found a dealer in IL that's 9% below invoice but would like to save myself the 2k mile drive back.

Longhorn

Reaction score
Does anyone have a dealership they could recommend in Southern California that'll sell their vehicle below invoice? I found a dealer in IL that's 9% below invoice but would like to save myself the 2k mile drive back.

I thought you had a guy in Temecula?

Users who are viewing this thread