5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

sflindsey

Reaction score
Just left Mark CDJR in Lake Charles. Aaron is even more genuine in person than he was on the phone. Everything went super smooth. My Nephew did an outstanding job ordering his lonestar/Bighorn because that damn truck was standing tall. I am actually jealous 😝.

Arron asked me to thank everyone on this forum because he and his dealership were number 3 in the entire country in Ram deliveries last month, and for a dealership in a small town in southern Louisiana that is a HUGE accomplishment! Aaron said if not for the support of everyone here it would not have been possible and he promises that no matter how crazy the market, he will continue to make deals and deliver everything he promises.

I, and my extended family, are customers for life. This has been the single most hassle free car purchase I have ever experienced and in today’s environment that’s really an accomplishment.
Awesome! Glad your nephew is enjoying his truck. Aaron is very customer centric. We were playing phone tag on a couple of questions that I had. He called me from his driveway right after he got home to give me the answers to my questions. I told him then that this has been my best experience buying a vehicle and his customer service is outstanding. I then chastised him just a little and told him to go in his house, eat some dinner and enjoy the rest of his night with his family.

brenan00

Reaction score
Aloha All,
I thought the tread lightly program interesting and really good deal right now.
I thought to dig some more and found this from a different forum.
I just ordered a Limited before the cut off.
I sent a request to my fleet administrator I am dealing with to see if they will honor the program.
I figure I have time, since they have to put it on a big canoe.
It takes a month for the Tread Lightly account to become active.
This is from 2019, so fairly new.
Mahalo,
Charles

Hi all

As you know the folks at Tread Lightly!, a non-profit, Promote responsible recreation through stewardship, education and communication.

What you may not be aware of is a membership with them also means you can save money on a new Jeep. They asked if we would mind posting up some Q&A's about the program so folks can get a better idea of how it works.

Tread Lightly! FCA Affiliate Rewards Program FAQ: How to get a discount on your next vehicle purchase

Q: What is the FCA Affiliate Rewards Program?
A: Qualified Tread Lightly! members receive 1% below factory invoice on the lease or purchase of new Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Chrysler, Fiat and SRT vehicles. Your membership dollars support Tread Lightly!’s mission to promote responsible outdoor recreation and stewardship projects.

Q: How do I join Tread Lightly!
A: You can join at treadlightly.org/join.

Q: At what membership level do I qualify for the FCA discount?
A: The FCA discount is only available to $100 Individual members and above.

Q: How long do I need to be a member before I can use the FCA discount?
A: All members are required by FCA to be active for 30 days before utilizing the discount.

Q: If I'm renewing my membership, do I need to wait the 30 days?
A: No, renewing members at the $100 Individual level are qualified to use the FCA Affiliate Rewards benefit as soon as they renew.

Q: How will I receive the information to utilize my FCA discount?
A: Your membership packet will be sent via USPS from Tread Lightly! after you join. Your membership packet will contain all the necessary information needed to utilize all membership benefits. An explanation of how to use benefits will be included on your membership letter.

Q: What do I need to have for the dealership to utilize my FCA discount?
A:

1.To use the FCA discount you will need to follow the instructions on your membership letter.
2. You will need to create your personalize control number by using the Tread Lightly! company code- this is located on your membership letter.
3. Provide a copy of your membership letter to your dealer

Q: Can my friend use my membership benefits?
A: Spouses that share the same last name are eligible to use the FCA discount with Dealership approval. Note: Talk to your dealer about specifics

Q: How do I know what vehicles are covered under the FCA discount?
A: Chrysler has the right to add or remove any vehicles at any time to the FCA discount program. Please check with your dealer before purchasing your Tread Lightly! membership. Visit Chrysleraffiliates.com for more information. You can contact FCA Affiliates at (888) 444-4321 or [email protected]

If you cannot find the answer to your question here please contact Tread Lightly!’s membership manager at [email protected].

brenan00

Reaction score
Mahalo nui loa!,
For letting me know about the FCA Affiliate Program.
I became a member last night, shot my fleet guy at Windward CDJR in Kaneohe a text last night asking about the program, crickets. I get a text from him there are 3 Siemens companies that are affiliates, I said Healthcare and I am also member of Tread Lightning. He was good when does your membership expire in a couple months, I said next year, bring in your letter and code when the time comes. We know that will be a while since they are still gathering the parts for the limited I ordered on 5-4.2021. He did say it was easier to do it on an special order than something on the lot. He also mentioned Cutter on the other side of the island would not do it with a car on the lot, that says they may for an order.
Thanks again for being here with the knowledge, you saved me quite a bit.
Off to Annapolis for commissioning week. I cannot wear shirts with buttons.
Charles

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with a friend today to AutoNation of Spring, Texas to look at a 21 Ram 1500 Limited Ecodiesel 2WD. He has been wanting one and asked if Inwould go with him to be objective and impartial. We weren’t there very long as the salesman was kind enough to inform us the most he could expect for discounts was $3250 including $2250 rebate, $500 Chrysler Capital rebate and a $500 Miliary discount. I asked what happened to the $10K to $15K off a Limited and he said those days are gone until inventory improves. We walked and he will a year until sanity returns to the market.

Horty222

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Memorial Day deals? Any idea what may they may be next weekend?

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Memorial Day deals? Any idea what may they may be next weekend?
I asked that question and the salesman (with his sales a manager standing behind him) stated they’ve been told “there may be an additional $500 from FCA but don’t hold your breath.” Granted, this was one dealer stating this and it may be different in other areas of the country.

Even with $500, the dealer discount appears to be what has dried up or been significantly reduced which is a major part of the deal.

Last edited:

UNL67Volvo

Reaction score
Missed out on an extra $1000 Bonus Cash from FCA, by 3 weeks, but signed today on the new girl .

2021 Ram 1500 Limited
MSRP: $69,950
Negotiated (no hassle) price after $150 doc fee: $59,500
Rebates, locked in at time of 2/21/21 order: $2000.
Deal not dependant on trade in or financing.

Phillip Olson at Bud Clary in Auburn, WA was so great to work with!!! I can't recommend him enough. Went above and beyond for me.
2d168b85c2868d3a19f615514ae9fd14.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Kooch80

Reaction score
Missed out on an extra $1000 Bonus Cash from FCA, by 3 weeks, but signed today on the new girl .

2021 Ram 1500 Limited
MSRP: $69,950
Negotiated (no hassle) price after $150 doc fee: $59,500
Rebates, locked in at time of 2/21/21 order: $2000.
Deal not dependant on trade in or financing.

Phillip Olson at Bud Clary in Auburn, WA was so great to work with!!! I can't recommend him enough. Went above and beyond for me.
2d168b85c2868d3a19f615514ae9fd14.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
I would be buying a new truck right if I could get a deal like that. I emailed them and got crickets for a response.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would be buying a new truck right if I could get a deal like that. I emailed them and got crickets for a response.
You need to email Phillip directly. His email is in the "How to get lowest price" thread.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When did you email them? Given it’s Sunday I’d wait another day or two. But has anyone bought a ‘22 build from them? Those deeper dealer discounts may not be available right now, even with them.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm surprised, I had solid quotes from both Phillip and Aaron within about 24 hours and that was Friday into Saturday. I'd try again, and perhaps double-check the email address?

Phillip was I think $500 cheaper than Aaron but Washington to New Hampshire is a lot further of a drive and it’d eat up the savings. If it was like 2K less, I absolutely would have driven across country.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Phillip was I think $500 cheaper than Aaron but Washington to New Hampshire is a lot further of a drive and it’d eat up the savings. If it was like 2K less, I absolutely would have driven across country.
Yeah I was in the same boat. I didn’t even email Philip after reading a bunch of the posts here. The shipping would offset all the savings and more. And I can meet Aaron halfway for free on the delivery :)

The Critic

Reaction score
Huge thanks to people on this thread! Your insight saved me a bunch of $.

First off, let me say that I hate negotiating. Always have. Normally I just take the Costco price and avoid all the messiness. That's what I did this time as well. Got 9.5% off MSRP on my order. Then I started reading this thread. Since I'm already 6 weeks into my order, waiting for delivery, I sure didn't want to restart the clock. So less room for negotiation.

Still, I figured What the heck? The techniques here don't seem so hard.

Long story, short. I am now at 12% off MSRP (pre-rebate) and get to keep my existing order on track. Got it in writing. To his credit, the Dealer isn't angry; we both stayed calm and respectful and just discussed the facts with zero bull. Also, I didn't insist on him matching the best price I could find anywhere in the country. We both knew that I didn't want to walk.

I know that others on this forum (better negotiators) get bigger discounts than me. I'm happy for them. And very happy to have the extra $2k in my pocket.

This thread rocks!
Just curious, which dealer did you use?

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Putnam RAM in Burligame, CA. Scott is saleaman.
Not as good at negotiating eh? I will loudly disagree! You are a WORLD CLASS negotiator!

You managed to negotiate a 12% dealership discount, basically the same discount the most aggressive deals in the country are hitting, at a dealership in CALIFORNIA! Nobody is doing that! Not only that, you got that price on a previously confirmed order with an agreed price! The dealership had every right to tell you to pound sand, and honestly I would have said just that if I were in their position.

You negotiated from the WEAKEST position possible, in the most SELLER friendly car market since 1946, and you WON!!!

You say you are not a great negotiator? I say BS!!!

ben b

Reaction score
Not as good at negotiating eh? I will loudly disagree! You are a WORLD CLASS negotiator!

You managed to negotiate a 12% dealership discount, basically the same discount the most aggressive deals in the country are hitting, at a dealership in CALIFORNIA! Nobody is doing that! Not only that, you got that price on a previously confirmed order with an agreed price! The dealership had every right to tell you to pound sand, and honestly I would have said just that if I were in their position.

You negotiated from the WEAKEST position possible, in the most SELLER friendly car market since 1946, and you WON!!!

You say you are not a great negotiator? I say BS!!!
You are very kind.

I would have told me to pound sand as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/