5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Appyfan

Reaction score
giphy.gif

….mods will probably shut this down cause we’re calling out a site sponsor but WOW.
Oops. I’ll delete mine.

vegasandre

Reaction score
UPDATE

As of today Phillip Olson is no longer with Bud Clary. All current orders should be honored. I would like to thank him for all the amazing deals he provided to many of us on this forum. Philip is focusing on his other work of building houses. If you are in Washington state give him a call.

If you have been dealing with Aydin Aladinov, he is still there. I will have more details tomorrow.
Hi Bob
I was wondering if you had an update on this. I ordered from Phillip on 05/03 and Aydin seems pretty cool but ...just making sure :)

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious, has anyone asked Mark Dodge to match Ziegler’s price on a Mopar Max care Warranty during the purchase process? It could make sense if they’d match the price and use 0% for 72 months.

lkjk

Reaction score
Just curious, has anyone asked Mark Dodge to match Ziegler’s price on a Mopar Max care Warranty during the purchase process? It could make sense if they’d match the price and use 0% for 72 months.
I forget the warranty I got but I believe I paid 1500 for 5 Year/70K miles that covers everything (non-wear) I don't think it was Mopar Max care. Normally I would never buy one but it seemed like a good deal, especially considering the amount of electronics in these things.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
That mopar max care looks awesome, but how much is it?
Go to https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/
and select the plan that fits your needs. Put PAYINFULL in the promotional code box for maximum discount.
Just as an example, you can get the Chrysler Maximum Care 7 year unlimited mileage warranty with a $200 deductible for only $2675 and they don’t charge sales tax.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Hi Bob
I was wondering if you had an update on this. I ordered from Phillip on 05/03 and Aydin seems pretty cool but ...just making sure :)

Your name is likely on the factory order and Ayden seems like a good guy. You should be all set.

vegasandre

Reaction score
Your name is likely on the factory order and Ayden seems like a good guy. You should be all set.
thanks Bob ..my name is on the factory order ..Ram Chart confirms (though they though my Truck was out for delivery when it was just ordered may 3...lol)

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Go to https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/
and select the plan that fits your needs. Put PAYINFULL in the promotional code box for maximum discount.
Just as an example, you can get the Chrysler Maximum Care 7 year unlimited mileage warranty with a $200 deductible for only $2675 and they don’t charge sales tax.
I couldn't find a way to pick unlimited mileage but I put 8/100 with $200 deductible and used the promo code and got $1780 for a 4X4 diesel in NC. Seems pretty good, though the diesel has a longer factory warranty than the Hemi, so I guess that should bring down the cost a little for the 3rd party warranty.

Is Ziegler good to work with if/when there is a problem? We hope to travel a lot and as has been said, there are some expensive parts to trucks these days.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I couldn't find a way to pick unlimited mileage but I put 8/100 with $200 deductible and used the promo code and got $1780 for a 4X4 diesel in NC. Seems pretty good, though the diesel has a longer factory warranty than the Hemi, so I guess that should bring down the cost a little for the 3rd party warranty.

Is Ziegler good to work with if/when there is a problem? We hope to travel a lot and as has been said, there are some expensive parts to trucks these days.
I used them to purchase the MVP Maxcare on my 2019 Ram. They were responsive and easy to purchase through. Of course once they sell you the plan and provide details, they’re out of the picture. I did use them to process my refund when I sold the truck. They responded quickly and processed it for me.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score

Ziegler is a Dealership group, they sell Chrysler and Ford factory warranties at a big discount. I would imagine they do so to be able to hit bonus targets from the manufacture. The warranty is factory backed and there is absolutely no issue in getting service at any CDJR dealership. I have purchased two warranties through them and have been completely satisfied.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
WOW aren't they showing their hand? Site vendor? Hmmm
Kz has been on this site for years. I had almost gone to them in April 2019 to get mine but it was a 12 hour drive. At the time they gave pretty good prices, though the La dealer that peeps are talking about in previous pages has since taken Kz's place as a good "go to" place.

Their WOW prices "used" to be lower but were based on layered discounts that most couldn't qualify for. But to advertise that much over is disappointing.

My localish dealer, "K" still discounts off MSRP (though most are MSRP or $1500 off).
This one is steeply discounted, no idea why. Though the ad copy is wrong, diesels dont get hemi gas mileage...

2021 Ram1500 Limited 12in Truck Crew Cab

• 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel Engine Gen 3 Engine
  • Automatic
  • 15/21 mpg City/Hwy
  • Bright White Exterior
  • Black Leather Seats Interior
  • Stock #: 211727
  • 4WD
  • Diesel
MSRP $73,955 You Save-$7,135 Internet Price $66,820

Last edited by a moderator:

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Kz has been on this site for years. I had almost gone to them in April 2019 to get mine but it was a 12 hour drive. At the time they gave pretty good prices, though the La dealer that peeps are talking about in previous pages has since taken Kz's place as a good "go to" place.

Their WOW prices "used" to be lower but were based on layered discounts that most couldn't qualify for. But to advertise that much over is disappointing.

My localish dealer, "K" still discounts off MSRP (though most are MSRP or $1500 off).
This one is steeply discounted, no idea why. Though the ad copy is wrong, diesels dont get hemi gas mileage...

2021 Ram1500 Limited 12in Truck Crew Cab

• 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel Engine Gen 3 Engine
  • Automatic
  • 15/21 mpg City/Hwy
  • Bright White Exterior
  • Black Leather Seats Interior
  • Stock #: 211727
  • 4WD
  • Diesel
MSRP $73,955 You Save-$7,135 Internet Price $66,820
If you read the “Disclaimer” the price is NOT the price. They are listing several rebates very few would qualify for. Examples include conquest, business owners, and another. Plus there is an $800 dealership fee, plus I would guarantee there will be no shortage of addendums. This is a prime example of BS dealership internet pricing to bring uninformed prospects into the showroom. If the dealership can’t offer an HONEST upfront price why would I as a consumer trust them on any part of the deal?

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
If you read the “Disclaimer” the price is NOT the price. They are listing several rebates very few would qualify for. Examples include conquest, business owners, and another. Plus there is an $800 dealership fee, plus I would guarantee there will be no shortage of addendums. This is a prime example of BS dealership internet pricing to bring uninformed prospects into the showroom. If the dealership can’t offer an HONEST upfront price why would I as a consumer trust them on any part of the deal?
Yep, I think I said the same thing in my mention of their (Kz) pricing... layered discounts that most cannot qualify for. Now if you mean Kville, they likely do what many dealers do, list certain incentives not available to all. Still, there's a discount there as opposed to K--z being a markup over MSRP..

An even closer dealer (Cox Ram) was offering a BH 4x4 with about $3500 in discounts, in addition to a straight discount of $1,500 there was Consumer cash, Memorial Day cash etc.

A big volume dealer near St Louis (Lara Ram) has this right on their website:

Dealer Notes​

"NO HOOKS, NO GIMMICKS, DO NOT LET OTHER DEALERS TELL YOU OTHERWISE! You could qualify for even more incentives, please call dealer for details. Price Includes Laura's Discount, $1250 Retail Consumer Cash, $1000 Retail Bonus Cash, $1000 Midwest Chrysler Capital Bonus Cash and $500 Chrysler Capital Bonus Cash. You pay the price listed plus a $199 admin fee, applicable tax, title and license less any extra incentives if available and/or applicable. Chrysler Capital is available to customers who finance with Chrysler Capital. Please call 573-677-1300 for more details! Laura Auto Group, serving our communities for over 38 years. Please call dealer to verify vehicle availability. Price good through June 1, 2021."

People just have to read what's on the website, it's not hidden. Things that many dealers do is charge $6-800 for their processing (just extra markup) or in K--z's case in Maryland, they add destination charges into the deal at the bottom.

I think the point here is that if a dealer is marking up "regular" trucks over MSRP, that's one to avoid as many are not. As always, "Caveat Empor", right?

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just traded in my 2019 BH on a 2021 Laramie. MSRP on the 2019 was $52,000 new, they gave me $42,000 in trade and it is now listed for $46,000! They sold me the 2021 Laramie for that price!

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I just traded in my 2019 BH on a 2021 Laramie. MSRP on the 2019 was $52,000 new, they gave me $42,000 in trade and it is now listed for $46,000! They sold me the 2021 Laramie for that price!
Not quite sure what price you paid, the $42K or the $46K but either way in this market as long as you are happy with the truck then you did fine. You've moved up 2 model years. have several nagging quality issues fixed from the 2019 (likely anyway) and got a higher trim package as well. Nothin' wrong with that!

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not quite sure what price you paid, the $42K or the $46K but either way in this market as long as you are happy with the truck then you did fine. You've moved up 2 model years. have several nagging quality issues fixed from the 2019 (likely anyway) and got a higher trim package as well. Nothin' wrong with that!
Yeah I'm very happy - bought the 21 Laramie for 16% under MSRP and got $7,000 in equity on the 2019. I was just pointing out the crazy used market in the fact that my 2019 BH is now listed for $7,000 more than I paid in 2019 and about the same price they sold me the 21 Laramie for. Hard to imagine someone will pay the same for a 19 BH with 20,000 as I paid for a 21 Laramie with 0 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread