5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I still can without it being bought by the business provided I have another vehicle to drive for personal use which I do, that's the only difference. If it were a business bought vehicle, Id have the same restriction.
Being that I'm self employed and technically always working I use my truck as I want so that's really no impact for me.
This is correct and why they ask (IRS) about a second vehicle for personal use.
For a SMB LLC or DBA, you're really always "on the clock" so always working but I'd make sure I had another vehicle incase of an audit.

Thanks for the information, just since there are some variables (my partner has her own car, and I have a classic car that is registered year round but is in the garage for 6 months) I ended up emailing our accountant to ask his opinion for our particular situation. Appreciate you guys bringing that up though, the commercial insurance would be a nice increase over my regular insurance, so if we could write off the same things without going that route that would be ideal.

tlewis24

Reaction score
Friend is buying tomorrow, we negotiated the cash price down to 50 flat and plan on removing all the dealer adds in-person once we get there since as those are not entirely disclosed on the break down sheet provided which I anticipate to be around ~800. Told him to pull a loan request for his credit union so that Chrysler's bank will have to compete the rate and last day of the month should allow some good back and forth.

BTS edition Flame Red Big Horn
MSRP 56,280
Cash Price 50,000
Dealer Discount (preferred partner to employer) 299
Rebate 4,250

45,451 before TTL, down payment, trade in. We plan on requesting at least match to Carvana on the trade in or keep the trade-in. Any other thoughts?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for the information, just since there are some variables (my partner has her own car, and I have a classic car that is registered year round but is in the garage for 6 months) I ended up emailing our accountant to ask his opinion for our particular situation. Appreciate you guys bringing that up though, the commercial insurance would be a nice increase over my regular insurance, so if we could write off the same things without going that route that would be ideal.

I do too, Z06 with a $50K agreed value policy. The policy restricts usage of the car but satisfies the IRS personal vehicle requirement

tlewis24

Reaction score
I purchased my fully loaded Laramie Night Edition with Air suspension. I think it has everything minus that trailer steering knob.
MSRP: 71,000
OTD: 62,000 with all incentives and markdown
Nice truck!!

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do too, Z06 with a $50K agreed value policy. The policy restricts usage of the car but satisfies the IRS personal vehicle requirement

Oh nice, I love vettes. A few trips back to California I rented a c7 Z06 and fulfilled a dream of driving part of the pch/mulholland dr with it. Awesome experience!

I also have an agreed value policy on mine as well (through grundy), with the requirements that the vehicle is in a locked garage each night and that I have proof of having a daily driver. Good to know that information, thanks again.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Friend is buying tomorrow, we negotiated the cash price down to 50 flat and plan on removing all the dealer adds in-person once we get there since as those are not entirely disclosed on the break down sheet provided which I anticipate to be around ~800. Told him to pull a loan request for his credit union so that Chrysler's bank will have to compete the rate and last day of the month should allow some good back and forth.

MSRP 56,280
Cash Price 50,000
Rebate 4,250

45,451 before TTL, down payment, trade in. We plan on requesting at least match to Carvana on the trade in or keep the trade-in. Any other thoughts?
Seems solid. If it is not already factored in to the deal, be sure to take advantage of at least the $500 TrueCar private offer rebate, and if they qualify, the Bonus Drive $250 rebate after the sale.
Be sure your friend is completely aware that if financing with a Credit Union there is a catch where, if for any reason, they were to fall into financial trouble with the credit union, by rule the car loan would be cross collateral to any unsecured debt the credit union holds (Credit Cards most common).

tlewis24

Reaction score
Seems solid. If it is not already factored in to the deal, be sure to take advantage of at least the $500 TrueCar private offer rebate, and if they qualify, the Bonus Drive $250 rebate after the sale.
Be sure your friend is completely aware that if financing with a Credit Union there is a catch where, if for any reason, they were to fall into financial trouble with the credit union, by rule the car loan would be cross collateral to any unsecured debt the credit union holds (Credit Cards most common).
Appreciate the heads up! Man I almost missed out on the Bonus Drive!

Last edited:

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Going to order a Limited tomorrow. Delmonico red, indigo/frost interior, regular HEMI. Only extra options the BUG and engine block heater. MSRP $62,985. I may add the larger gas tank, and the wife wants the Advanced Safety Group (last I knew, though, it was unavailable due to chip shortage).

Went to a larger local dealer today to look at colors one last time. They had Patriot Blue, Delmonico Red, and Magnetic Steel all literally next to each other. Those were the ones I was considering. Just something about the red that draws me in. They had a red Limited with black interior that I sat in and it is just so dark with the entire interior, including headliner, being black and makes it feel small. I sat in a red Limited with the indigo/frost a couple days ago (went 75 minutes each way to see it, that was the closest with that interior) and liked it, but they didn't have another Limited to sit in with black interior to compare side-by-side.

I just did the buying process in Sept (didn't order, though), so this time was easier.

Carvana is $49,700 now on my trade, up $1,000 in two weeks. Phillip was $54k exactly before incentives. But factoring in shipping and sales tax benefits of trading, I am about even or maybe slightly ahead going with a dealer 50 miles away. And much, much, much less hassle.

My deal...

Invoice - holdback, which is $55,867 on the $62,985 MSRP, minus incentives.

Incentives sold order locked, so I get the best of now or at delivery. Right now it is 0% for 72 plus $500. 0% saves about $2500 vs the 1.99% I can get at my credit union and have on my current truck.

Trade (see signature): $47,650. Could go higher if the market keeps going the way it is, but this is locked in as a minimum. MSRP was $55,135 and paid about $43,500 new in Sept.

$379 doc fee (most around here are $250-$300).

I will get another code for PenFed $1,000 and submit for the $250 Bonus Drive again.

From my Laramie I will transfer the ProX15 tonneau cover, front dash JBL speakers, K&N cabin air filter, AEM oil-less engine air filter, Weathertech mud flaps, and the RAM all-weather floor mats (even though they are black and don't really go with the indigo/frost interior). Will try to sell the nerf bars I put on.

Overall very happy with the deal. Haven't signed anything yet. One other dealer was invoice - $1500 (holdback is $1800+), and would not lock in a minimum for the trade. Several others would only go down to invoice. Was looking at a Laramie but wouldn't get the same deal (invoice-holdback) on a locate, and that is if the other dealer would trade. I would have needed to put about $1,000 into the Laramie to add features it didn't come with that I would want. Considering this and the not getting invoice-HB on a locate, it was only a couple thousand difference even with the slightly better incentives on Laramie (0% plus $1250), so a no brainer.

The truck will look like this, but not as optioned (and I will get the chrome bumpers, not body color, as they are more resistant to chips):

Last edited:

greenlawnracing

Reaction score

MSRP 56,280
Cash Price 50,000
Rebate 4,250

20% off. Solid!

mophead

Reaction score
Going to order a Limited tomorrow. Delmonico red, indigo/frost interior, regular HEMI. Only extra options the BUG and engine block heater. MSRP $62,985. I may add the larger gas tank, and the wife wants the Advanced Safety Group (last I knew, though, it was unavailable due to chip shortage).

Great looking truck. I really like the Delmonico and even considered it. I had an 86 Celica GTS that's real close to this color. I am hoping to get the Olive Pearl because I've been waiting 40 years for this color and it's not tank green but actually pleasant on the eyes and unique. Like the light color interior and agree much easier to see and I do think they feel roomier even though it's just in our heads. Hope all goes well and as planned tomorrow. Congrats!

WReckeR

Reaction score
I purchased my fully loaded Laramie Night Edition with Air suspension. I think it has everything minus that trailer steering knob.
MSRP: 71,000
OTD: 62,000 with all incentives and markdown
No off-road, or protection group?
Yours is close to mine, although I didn't want or get the air suspension. I also have the 6'4" bed.

lkjk

Reaction score
Anyone have Aaron ship theirs to the Houston airport and fly in there? I think they have free delivery up to 200 Miles, and flying into Houston is direct and would save a ton of time.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yours is close to mine, although I didn't want or get the air suspension. I also have the 6'4" bed.

I wasn't going to do the protection group but then someone elsewhere showed me that all of those protection parts are like $800 if you buy them later so I just added the $395. Seemed like a no-brainer.

While for $500 more I could have added the off-road group, I just ended up hitting my budget wall and despite being on dirt roads a lot in New Hampshire, I didn't need those features.

EDIT: according to the configurator, you can't do Off-Road Group + Night Edition on a 4x4 6'4" limited so that's probably why I skipped it. I weighed in the black out versus some computer doo-hickeys with the anti-slip and decided to do black out instead.

Last edited:

Klicht87

Reaction score
I guess it's not everything. No offroad or protection group. I have the technology group with the HUD and digital rear mirror, 19speakers system, auto cruise and all the pedestrian crossing and auto-park, MF tailgate, bed utility group with Tonneau, sport hood, pano roof, 3.92 gear ratio, 33 gal tank, etorque. Sorry I don't have the sticker in front of me for the exact names. I don't offroad so I don't really care about those features.

It was really hard finding a 2021 Ram 1500 with everything I wanted. Even the few limiteds I found didn't have the panaramic roof and other features. I'm a fan of the white and black and although I wanted the LIMITED because of the headlights, I just couldn't find one and I didn't want to wait.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess it's not everything. No offroad or protection group. I have the technology group with the HUD and digital rear mirror, 19speakers system, auto cruise and all the pedestrian crossing and auto-park, MF tailgate, bed utility group with Tonneau, sport hood, pano roof, 3.92 gear ratio, 33 gal tank, etorque. Sorry I don't have the sticker in front of me for the exact names. I don't offroad so I don't really care about those features.

It was really hard finding a 2021 Ram 1500 with everything I wanted. Even the few limiteds I found didn't have the panaramic roof and other features. I'm a fan of the white and black and although I wanted the LIMITED because of the headlights, I just couldn't find one and I didn't want to wait.

I bet it's hard to find a fully loaded Limited because of the hit to payload. I've seen a couple in my months of searching that had less than 1000# of payload. Maybe the typical Limited buyer doesn't plan to use it in that way, but we'll be pulling a travel trailer with around 700# of tongue weight. Put my wife, dogs,, and me in the cab and we'd be maxing out the payload on a fully-optioned Limited.

I'd like to get a tonneau cover but am going to wait until I see where my payload comes in before committing to one. Maybe one that's easy to remove.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have Aaron ship theirs to the Houston airport and fly in there? I think they have free delivery up to 200 Miles, and flying into Houston is direct and would save a ton of time.

Oooh. I like this idea. I have family in the Houston area that I could even visit while there. Unfortunately, I've got a trade-in that I'll have to get to him.
I'm pretty sure it's 250 miles of free delivery.

Klicht87

Reaction score
I bet it's hard to find a fully loaded Limited because of the hit to payload. I've seen a couple in my months of searching that had less than 1000# of payload. Maybe the typical Limited buyer doesn't plan to use it in that way, but we'll be pulling a travel trailer with around 700# of tongue weight. Put my wife, dogs,, and me in the cab and we'd be maxing out the payload on a fully-optioned Limited.

I'd like to get a tonneau cover but am going to wait until I see where my payload comes in before committing to one. Maybe one that's easy to remove.
I have the MOPAR tonneau cover and I'm really impressed with the latching mechanisms. It's very easy to remove and install It's a trifold

vegasandre

Reaction score
For my first post I have to say a big thank you to everyone. I finished the deal on a Laramie yesterday and now I just have to wait to get it shipped from Louisiana to San Diego. After reading all the information and tips from everyone, I reached out to Aaron with Mark Dodge in Lake Charles LA. After completely striking out in Southern California with dealers refusing to move off MSRP... "high demand, I'm selling tons of these trucks, we're moving them at MSRP that's the deal" Aaron made life easy. I ended up about 16% below MSRP and got exactly what I wanted off their lot. Thanks again for the pool of knowledge, I look forward to spending more time in here as I learn the in and outs of my new truck.
Hi I am in San Diego as well.. it is nuts. Congrats on the Truck! I am looking to do the same thing , can you give me Aaron's contact info? my Lease is up on my X5 end of June , looking for a loaded Laramie or Limited metallic gray midnight black ..etc.. thank you

Users who are viewing this thread