5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Runagun

Reaction score
How did Uship work out for you? What price did you end up paying them?
Paid $955 from mark dodge to northern illinois. If I waited I think I could have gotten it cheaper. But this was during the time where everything was happening in Houston. So prices started to jump up. It took me 10 days from when I purchased the car to having it my driveway. At that time The broker I used was having trouble finding pickup drivers. It was deliver the day after it was picked it. I used marvel auto transport. Truck came dirty. But with no issues that I could find.

Spiral534

Reaction score
0% or rebates is not a hard rule, some rebates can be used with 0%. Go here and check what rebates are available:
Make sure the zip code in the top right is correct for your home address and plug in the truck you are looking to purchase. It will list the incentives and national/local rebates available to you.

You don't have to decide now. You are locked into having the option of using whatever rebates/incentives are available to you now, and when the truck comes in you can decide if you want that or what is available at time of delivery. And you can also then decide at delivery if you want 0% or not.
I've already purchased the vehicle and don't have any buyers remorse. Just wonder why they didn't go with FCA and think FCA could have done better on the interest rate. Please re-read my post. Thanks!

Spiral534

Reaction score
That's totally up to you. I'm a young guy (34) but I've purchased 8 cars and 9 motorcycles in my life, almost always with 0% financing and mostly at dealerships and every single salesperson got something wrong, or didn't know about a program or deal. I'd say it's a lot for them to keep track of but that is their job. When I knew more about a car or promotion than they did, it makes me wonder why they're taking commission :) but I've only ever had one deal I wasn't happy with and it was me being taken advantage of and I was too young and inexperienced to know it at the time.
Thanks for your replies. It is not that they got something wrong, I'd understand that. Finance guy tried to get me to sign without seeing that he added 4k of extras hidden in the contract. I caught it and he wasnt professional about it either. Not my first rodeo either lol

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
I think I got screwed on the financing portion of my purchase. I do understand, and correct me if I am wrong, but you can either get rebates/incentives OR 0% financing from FCA but NOT both.
I did get 8k off of the 46K MSRP of my 2021 Big Horn Level 1 4x4 5.7 no E-torgue Quad Cab but finance department said FCA would not finance me, however First Citizens financed at 3.5% for 72 months. I got 1K for my trade in, which was fair (I owed 9k on the trade in and they gave 10K). No other down payment.
My question is how did FCA not want to finance me with a 785 credit score, no debt, and good income? I am not even sure if they even tried with FCA at all so they can get kick backs from their banking partner, First Citizens.
I looked at my credit report for inquiries and only thing I see is the actual dealership, SunTrust, and TD Auto as inquiries (date matches purchase date) and nothing else, not even First Citizens.
Can I call FCA and ask them to refinance me or is it just a moot point now?
Thanks!
The deal is $3000 total rebates AND 0% for up to 72mo OR $4250 total rebates if you pay cash or outside finance on ANY 1500 BigHorn/LoneStar

Is that 785 score a true Fico score or the dreaded Credit Carma wishful score?

if your credit is indeed a 785 with zero debt and good income you are considered eligible for whatever you want. Anything over 781 is considered “perfect” credit, and the people who brag about their 850 scores have no more good credit than you do.

Santander should be on your credit inquiry. They are the financial arm backing the 0%. Your stealership has lied to you to make extra gross profit. They receive a flat from whatever institution they originated the loan for plus with certain banks up to 200 basis points OVER the “buy” interest rate. Anyone getting a 0% rate through the manufacture would not allow the stealership to take advantage of the profit in a standard interest baring loan.

Last edited:

Spiral534

Reaction score

if your credit is indeed a 785 with zero debt and good income you are considered eligible for whatever you want. Anything over 781 is considered “perfect” credit, and the people who brag about their 850 scores have no more good credit than you do.

Santander should be on your credit inquiry. They are the financial arm backing the 0%. Your stealership has lied to you to make extra gross profit. They receive a flat from whatever institution they originated the loan for plus with certain banks up to 200 basis points OVER the “buy” interest rate. Anyone getting a 0% rate through the manufacture would not allow the stealership to take advantage of the profit in a standard interest baring loan.
Thank you. This is the response I was anticipating and nothing against the other replies. 785 is the true FICO score that I had in hand walking in without even telling them. I even had them show me what score they had on their report and it matched. Santander is the best information regarding this situation and thank you for that. That is not on my report at all. Now I can confirm they didn't even attempt and went with their bank for kick backs.
The question still remains, can I reach out to FCA and inform them of this and try to get refinanced through them or would that just be a waste of time since I took the incentives already?

Eldodroptop

Reaction score

Thank you. This is the response I was anticipating and nothing against the other replies. 785 is the true FICO score that I had in hand walking in without even telling them. I even had them show me what score they had on their report and it matched. Santander is the best information regarding this situation and thank you for that. That is not on my report at all. Now I can confirm they didn't even attempt and went with their bank for kick backs.
The question still remains, can I reach out to FCA and inform them of this and try to get refinanced through them or would that just be a waste of time since I took the incentives already?
Hell, I would go further than that... I would reach out to my attorney! You,SIR, have been damaged. SEEK relief.

TravisJ

Reaction score
It’s absolutely insane. If ANYONE has a vehicle that they are thinking of getting rid of, for any reason, do it NOW. This is a true bubble in the wholesale market, when it pops, there is going to be hell to pay for the franchise and independent dealerships left holding the bag.

I bought a used 2019 Jeep Cherokee two years ago with 16k miles for $26,500. I sold it to Carmax a few weeks ago and they finally listed it today for $25,000. I sold it with 58k miles and all original equipment except the tires I replaced 9k miles ago.

It is insane the car barely lost any value in the biggest depreciation years, especially since I heavily used it for that time and Cherokees are known for not holding value. Won't see me complaining though.

Spiral534

Reaction score
Yeah it’s ONLY a few thousand dollars... (Sarcasm filter ON) It’s not the money, it’s the principle!
Oh, no no I hear ya! But couldn't I stick it to them by refinancing elsewhere and having First Citizens renege on the stealership? Or do you honestly think hiring a lawyer would be worth it here?

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Oh, no no I hear ya! But couldn't I stick it to them by refinancing elsewhere and having First Citizens renege on the stealership? Or do you honestly think hiring a lawyer would be worth it here?
First, contact FCA. Escalating until you get a hard “go to hell”. second, contact your local TV network affiliates (they love this). third, contact an attorney, the first hit is always free... If all get no traction, yes, refi. If you cancel the loan before 3 payments the dealership gets charged back for any originating fee and interest.

enigmaaron

Reaction score
I've already purchased the vehicle and don't have any buyers remorse. Just wonder why they didn't go with FCA and think FCA could have done better on the interest rate. Please re-read my post. Thanks!
I was responding to your second sentence and providing additional info on that for those in the thread looking for the same info. (y)

... I do understand, and correct me if I am wrong, but you can either get rebates/incentives OR 0% financing from FCA but NOT both.

Spiral534

Reaction score
I was responding to your second sentence and providing additional info on that for those in the thread looking for the same info. (y)
My fault, I was responding to this lol. Forgive me, I am new and do not know how to properly respond to multiple quotes from different pages. You are awesome and I appreciate you.

"Make sure the zip code in the top right is correct for your home address and plug in the truck you are looking to purchase. It will list the incentives and national/local rebates available to you."

Spiral534

Reaction score
First, contact FCA. Escalating until you get a hard “go to hell”. second, contact your local TV network affiliates (they love this). third, contact an attorney, the first hit is always free... If all get no traction, yes, refi. If you cancel the loan before 3 payments the dealership gets charged back for any originating fee and interest.
This is excellent information, thank you! I just want to stick it to them for 1. not even trying FCA for 0% 2. trying to sneak in 4k worth of extras without even any indication (we could see clearly through his sneakiness, the SOB lol). Other than finance dept, feel like we got a good deal and the rest of the place was pretty cool/nice.

rbundy84

Reaction score
Local GM plant in Wentzville (Missouri) is going to have a 2 week shutdown due to chip shortage

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
This is excellent information, thank you! I just want to stick it to them for 1. not even trying FCA for 0% 2. trying to sneak in 4k worth of extras without even any indication (we could see clearly through his sneakiness, the SOB lol). Other than finance dept, feel like we got a good deal and the rest of the place was pretty cool/nice.
Did you buy ANY products in F&I? If so what were the products? VSC (warranty), Tire and Wheel insurance...etc.

Users who are viewing this thread