5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Jayson090

Reaction score
One thing i wanted pass on to potential buyers. Go ahead now and sign up for penfed. It's five bucks and if you go with a new build, you need to have the promo ready when you order. It takes 60 days. In my case I just ordered, and the only way for me to get the additional 500 is if I go with the incentives at delivery. Just knock out the account and have it in your back pocket for when you're ready.

I’m in the same boat. Wishing I would have applied for Penfed at the beginning of the year. Now trying to decide if I care to order without it and potentially benefit if rebates/incentives are better at time of delivery. As ToopaCent said, highly recommend others sign up now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Everyone's financial situation is different BUT I put everything on credit cards in order to maximize points. Had I known about RAM Card, I would have signed up in November and by now would have charged the $7500 required to it to get $1000 back in a cert that can be applied to the purchase of a RAM. If you're waiting for 2021s or you can charge $7500 to it ASAP, you could get your $1000 cert before the truck you ordered arrives.

I wish the cert worked so that you could put the down payment on the card and get an instant $1000 off then just pay it off but it doesn't work that way

In addition, sign up for Tread Lightly + PenFed now. I also just put in $5.

I used the time I was waiting for my Tread lightly & pen fed to activate to shop around for the best price :)

mophead

Reaction score
Amazing how low inventories are right now at my local dealerships...most would carry 20-30 1500s and one us closing in on 10 in stock
Yeah I started watching it drop in early Feb. Don't know if it's cyclical for the time of year or what.

Last edited:

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Amazing how low inventories are right now at my local dealerships...most would carry 20-30 1500s and one us closing in on 10 in stock
If you happen to watch the ChevyDude on YouTube, he said in a video that his normal stock of Silverados is around 300 units, he currently has 9 on the ground. His normal discount on Silverados with rebates would be around $15,000, currently he is selling at MSRP.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Chip Shortage Still No Major Disruptor of Inventory
Thursday March 4, 2021

Vehicle models affected by the global shortage of computer chips that forced automakers to trim production continue to have a healthy supply, with some exceptions, according to a Cox Automotive analysis of vAuto Available Inventory data.

In the U.S., about 30 models are affected by the chip shortage based on AutoForecast Solutions’ analysis of plants that have experienced production cuts due to the shortage.

It seems likely that the major automakers have thus far managed to strategically allocate chips to maintain the production of more popular, and profitable, vehicles. The most affected vehicles – where production has slowed or halted – have higher days’ supply than those not affected by the shortage, where production continues. Of that supply, most of the affected models have a bigger share of leftover 2020 models than do those not affected. By having an average price tag lower than the industry average of $40,000, the affected models generate lower revenues and lower profit margins than those not affected.

Specifically affected vehicles have around 1.06 million vehicles in inventory for an 86 days’ supply, according to the Cox Automotive analysis. Models not affected have 1.72 million vehicles in inventory for a 72 days’ supply. Cox Automotive calculates days’ supply based on the daily sales rate for the most recent 30-day period.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
New-Vehicle Inventory and Prices Climb in February
Thursday March 11, 2021

New-vehicle inventory climbed through February due to slower sales caused by winter storms, but it remains lower than year-ago levels as prices keep rising, according to a Cox Automotive analysis of vAuto Available Inventory data.

The total U.S. supply of available unsold new vehicles stood at 2.82 million as February closed. It was the highest inventory so far this year and up from 2.79 million near the end of January. Still, inventory remains well below year-ago levels when 3.41 million vehicles were available in the comparable time period.

The days’ supply near the end of February stood at 78, compared with 66 at the end of January and 101 a year ago. Inventory of new luxury vehicles had a 79 days’ supply; non-luxury was at 78.

“Despite increases, new-vehicle inventory is still 17% lower than it was a year ago,” said Charlie Chesbrough, Cox Automotive senior economist. “Days’ supply has been creeping higher since Christmas, as vehicle supply rose, and the sales pace slowed. Still, days’ supply is 22% lower than the same time a year ago.”

The Cox Automotive days’ supply is based on the daily sales rate for the most recent 30-day period. February sales were weak due to severe winter storms across a wide swathe of the country, hitting Texas particularly hard. Texas typically accounts for 9% of all February sales.

“With inventory still relatively low, prices remained high in February, running about 6% above year-ago levels,” Chesbrough said. As February closed, the average list price was $40,178, compared with $40,474 at the end of January. The average list price hit bottom last year in March at $37,211. It peaked the week of Jan. 4 at $40,994.

1616520117704.png

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Chip Shortage Still No Major Disruptor of Inventory
Thursday March 4, 2021

Vehicle models affected by the global shortage of computer chips that forced automakers to trim production continue to have a healthy supply, with some exceptions, according to a Cox Automotive analysis of vAuto Available Inventory data.

In the U.S., about 30 models are affected by the chip shortage based on AutoForecast Solutions’ analysis of plants that have experienced production cuts due to the shortage.

It seems likely that the major automakers have thus far managed to strategically allocate chips to maintain the production of more popular, and profitable, vehicles. The most affected vehicles – where production has slowed or halted – have higher days’ supply than those not affected by the shortage, where production continues. Of that supply, most of the affected models have a bigger share of leftover 2020 models than do those not affected. By having an average price tag lower than the industry average of $40,000, the affected models generate lower revenues and lower profit margins than those not affected.

Specifically affected vehicles have around 1.06 million vehicles in inventory for an 86 days’ supply, according to the Cox Automotive analysis. Models not affected have 1.72 million vehicles in inventory for a 72 days’ supply. Cox Automotive calculates days’ supply based on the daily sales rate for the most recent 30-day period.

I just posted a thread that is opposite to this information dated today.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you happen to watch the ChevyDude on YouTube, he said in a video that his normal stock of Silverados is around 300 units, he currently has 9 on the ground. His normal discount on Silverados with rebates would be around $15,000, currently he is selling at MSRP.
My newest thread for today is a posting about the effect of the chip shortage, it is reported that Ford has closed a full shift in their SUV and Super Duty plant and they are currently assembling the trucks without the needed chips and parking them off to one side. That will be an interesting way to then have to fit the chips back in...

Supervisor - "Hey Fred, grab a handful of these chips and install em'"
Fred - "Uhh, never done that, I put bumpers on but I'll give it a try"
1 month passes by...
Ford Accounting Office for Warranty Work - "What the hell is going on with these invoices for chip redos?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
Anyone know someone by the name Brett Puleio with the West Region of FCA Fiat Chrysler? He is telling my dealer that can’t lock in incentives pre arrival,

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Chip Shortage Hits Ford and Other Auto Makers. Investors Don’t Have to Panic Just Yet.
March 20, 2021 2:38 pm ET

On Saturday, Reuters reported that Stellantis would partially build Dodge Ram pickup trucks and finish them later when chips became available. That wasn’t the only update detailing semiconductor pain. Ford said the same thing about its F-150 trucks on Friday. Ford’s news release says trucks are rolling off assemble lines without “some electronic modules that contain scarce semiconductors.” The trucks go to dealers after parts arrive and the trucks have been checked out.

Ford also announced plant downtime in the U.S. and Germany. Earlier in March, GM announced similar measures at some of its plants.

The shortage is adding billions of dollars in costs and is reducing output, but here’s the thing: All the auto companies said this is what would happen at the start of the year.

GM called the chip shortage a billion-dollar headwind to 2021 operating profit. Ford estimated the chip shortage would hit 2021 operating profit by $1 billion to $2.5 billion. Events of the past few weeks are just the tangible evidence of what investors were warned about a while back.

Investors, for now, believe the shortage will pass. Ford, GM, and Stellantis shares are up about 46%, 44%, and 22% year to date, respectively, far better than comparable gains of the S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average.

Investors believe it will pass because the semiconductor industry is working on it. Chip giant Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM), for instance, called resolving the automotive chip shortage a “top priority” on its fourth-quarter earnings conference call in January.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know someone by the name Brett Puleio with the West Region of FCA Fiat Chrysler? He is telling my dealer that can’t lock in incentives pre arrival,

If it's a sold order you can lock in rates. don't let them tell you differently.

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
I want to have some ammo on this by referencing other dealerships that are doing this so if need be, I can call there bluff. Anyone willing to share the dealership you worked with?

the build sheet has sold to dealership and my name sold to at the bottom.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Chip Shortage Hits Ford and Other Auto Makers. Investors Don’t Have to Panic Just Yet.
March 20, 2021 2:38 pm ET

On Saturday, Reuters reported that Stellantis would partially build Dodge Ram pickup trucks and finish them later when chips became available. That wasn’t the only update detailing semiconductor pain. Ford said the same thing about its F-150 trucks on Friday. Ford’s news release says trucks are rolling off assemble lines without “some electronic modules that contain scarce semiconductors.” The trucks go to dealers after parts arrive and the trucks have been checked out.

Ford also announced plant downtime in the U.S. and Germany. Earlier in March, GM announced similar measures at some of its plants.

The shortage is adding billions of dollars in costs and is reducing output, but here’s the thing: All the auto companies said this is what would happen at the start of the year.

GM called the chip shortage a billion-dollar headwind to 2021 operating profit. Ford estimated the chip shortage would hit 2021 operating profit by $1 billion to $2.5 billion. Events of the past few weeks are just the tangible evidence of what investors were warned about a while back.

Investors, for now, believe the shortage will pass. Ford, GM, and Stellantis shares are up about 46%, 44%, and 22% year to date, respectively, far better than comparable gains of the S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average.

Investors believe it will pass because the semiconductor industry is working on it. Chip giant Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM), for instance, called resolving the automotive chip shortage a “top priority” on its fourth-quarter earnings conference call in January.

Just spoke with Aaron at Mark CDJR, in our conversation the current market came up. His on the ground inventory is basically zilch, every inbound unit for dealer stock is sold before it comes off the transport truck. The effects of the real shortage has sent the used wholesale market to beyond the moon.
My Nephew just sold his truck to Carvana, I asked Aaron to quote me a wholesale number (2011 F150 crew FX4, sunroof, leather, ecoboost, 175,000 miles) Aaron said $11,000. I then told Aaron the kicker, the truck runs but has bad timing chain guides and the check engine lights associated with it, Aaron laughed and said the Truck is worth $4-5K.

Carvana just cut my Nephew a check for $10,250...

mophead

Reaction score
Just spoke with Aaron at Mark CDJR, in our conversation the current market came up. His on the ground inventory is basically zilch, every inbound unit for dealer stock is sold before it comes off the transport truck. The effects of the real shortage has sent the used wholesale market to beyond the moon.
My Nephew just sold his truck to Carvana, I asked Aaron to quote me a wholesale number (2011 F150 crew FX4, sunroof, leather, ecoboost, 175,000 miles) Aaron said $11,000. I then told Aaron the kicker, the truck runs but has bad timing chain guides and the check engine lights associated with it, Aaron laughed and said the Truck is worth $4-5K.

Carvana just cut my Nephew a check for $10,250...
Yep. Just rechecked my trade value, went up $800 from 5 days ago.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
Yep. Just rechecked my trade value, went up $800 from 5 days ago.
It’s absolutely insane. If ANYONE has a vehicle that they are thinking of getting rid of, for any reason, do it NOW. This is a true bubble in the wholesale market, when it pops, there is going to be hell to pay for the franchise and independent dealerships left holding the bag.

Eldodroptop

Reaction score
I want to have some ammo on this by referencing other dealerships that are doing this so if need be, I can call there bluff. Anyone willing to share the dealership you worked with?

the build sheet has sold to dealership and my name sold to at the bottom.
Did you already order? If so, you may be out of luck. Sold order protection (that is the proper term for the program) is applicable only at the time of order. Check with Ram customer service,

Answer
We have advisors available by phone or chat on Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. - 11 p.m., and Saturday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.

phone-call.png
mailbox.png
866-726-4636 Ram Customer Care
PO Box 21-8004
Auburn Hills MI 48321-8004

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
Did you already order? If so, you may be out of luck. Sold order protection (that is the proper term for the program) is applicable only at the time of order. Check with Ram customer service,

Answer
We have advisors available by phone or chat on Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. - 11 p.m., and Saturday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.

phone-call.png
mailbox.png
866-726-4636Ram Customer Care
PO Box 21-8004
Auburn Hills MI 48321-8004
Well since I didn’t have to come up with a down payment they can have the truck. Salesman should know what they are selling and best service their customers. I am in sales and that is how I operate, do the right thing.

I will order from someone else. Maybe by then I can get the Blindspot Monitor and Cross Traffic Alert that was supposed to be a Laramie option.

Last edited:

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will order from someone else. Maybe by then I can get the Blindspot Monitor and Cross Traffic Alert that was supposed to be a Laramie option.

That won't be anytime soon. The circuit board shortage isn't going to stop anytime in the next 6 months and they probably won't bring that stuff back on the Laramie there is a steady flow of boards. My guess is early next year we will be back to some normalcy.

Users who are viewing this thread