5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Kovy23

Reaction score
Newest build that I can't make a decision on...

MSRP - $57,830
Discount - $7,200
Price before everything - $50,630

Any thoughts are appreciated

Attachments

• New POC.pdf
    3.7 KB · Views: 36

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just put my deposit down with Aaron and made my order official.

2021 longhorn 1500
MSRP: $70,995
Discounted to $61,454
Tread lightly: $500
Rebates: $1,750
Penfed: $1,000
Price after current rebates/before fees and taxes: $58,204

Aaron did mention that using the penfed coupon could change the rebate amount, if the rebate changes between now and when I receive the coupon. Hopefully though if anything it will go up, considering $1,750 isn't a huge rebate. Also hoping I get that $1,000 coupon of the ram website, not sure if I could even add that to the other coupon but it would be nice to have the possibility.

As the deal stands right now, getting a little over 18% off MSRP.

RTDDTF

Reaction score
That's about 18-19% off MSRP - sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Dealer fees aren't too bad there either. What did you decide?
I'm about certain in going to move on it, main thing I don't like is it doesn't have the larger gas tank

ZZZ

Reaction score
Anyone who's dealt with Mark Dodge - it says Home Delivery Included on most of their stuff, but I'm not finding what the "catch" is on that? Surely they're not going to ship a vehicle a couple thousand miles away for free.
I saw a 250 mile limit on the free delivery.

ZZZ

Reaction score
Anyone who's dealt with Mark Dodge - it says Home Delivery Included on most of their stuff, but I'm not finding what the "catch" is on that? Surely they're not going to ship a vehicle a couple thousand miles away for free.
250 mile limit.

TravisJ

Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger on a built to serve truck.

Roseville CDJR (Minnesota)

MSRP: $57,815
Discount: $4,719
Rebates: $5,000 (plus 0% 72months)
Final Price: $48,096
16.8% off MSRP

Got great quotes from Aaron and Phillip to build one, but with shipping and depreciation of my current car waiting to get the truck the price ended up being the same or even better just buying this one. I also love the tank color and didn’t really want a white truck. Ended up not trying to haggle and was just happy to find a decent dealer that wasn’t playing endless games.

Since I took the 0% financing I didn’t trade in my car. Instead I went and sold it to Carmax. They approved the online quote I brought in and only took a little over an hour. Barely looked at the cars condition (which was covered in salt) and didn’t check anything mechanical other than looking for codes. Their offer was over $3k (17%) more than any dealer/carvana was willing to give. Probably the biggest win of all. Highly recommend anyone check into it if they live near a Carmax, may be worth it over other car buying services.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sounds like a very good used car sale as well as a decent discount with the 0% on the new.
As long as you are satisfied it doesn't matter if someone else on the forum claims they saved a buck or two somewhere else. You got what you wanted.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone found a good deal on a special build in the Southeast? I'm in Columbia, SC and the best deal I've found so far on a special order truck is invoice, so just a few thousand off MSRP. I'm looking at a limited with a $74K MSRP. They seem eager to discount similar trucks on the lot by up to $10K but hardly nothing if they have to order it from Ram. I want a pearl blue night edition limited with tow package, technology package, 33 gallon tank, ram box, and 3.92. I just can't find the truck and don't want to get screwed having a dealer order it. I'm happy driving up to 8 hours. Please let me know if you found a decent deal with a good dealer in GA, NC, SC, TN, WV, VA, FL

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Anyone found a good deal on a special build in the Southeast? I'm in Columbia, SC and the best deal I've found so far on a special order truck is invoice, so just a few thousand off MSRP. I'm looking at a limited with a $74K MSRP. They seem eager to discount similar trucks on the lot by up to $10K but hardly nothing if they have to order it from Ram. I want a pearl blue night edition limited with tow package, technology package, 33 gallon tank, ram box, and 3.92. I just can't find the truck and don't want to get screwed having a dealer order it. I'm happy driving up to 8 hours. Please let me know if you found a decent deal with a good dealer in GA, NC, SC, TN, WV, VA, FL
So did you call the Aaron guy in La? I just looked at their website and a 4x Ltd CC hemi ET was discounted $11,500. Of course I'm not up on all the incentives etc but reading the last few pages of this thread should give you info on the PenFed and consumer cash type extra discounts/certificates...

Last edited by a moderator:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not sure if it means anything or not, but I am on the site every day looking at inventory. I recieved the $1,000 coupon the other day. Maybe it helps if they notice you are actively shopping?
How will they know "HE" is actively shopping by looking on their site?

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

See the posts in this thread from AK103 about a dealer in Lakeland Florida. He’ll hook you up with a contact there.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So did you call the Aaron guy in La? I just looked at their website and a 4x Ltd CC hemi ET was discounted $11,500. Of course I'm not up on all the incentives etc but reading the last few pages of this thread should give you info on the PenFed and consumer cash type extra discounts/certificates...
I guess I will if no one closer surfaces. That's over 12 hours away but does sound like he's giving some pretty good deals.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I highly recommend that you buy local. Local businesses need your support and car dealerships are struggling right now and really need all of your money..........

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I highly recommend that you buy local. Local businesses need your support and car dealerships are struggling right now and really need all of your money..........
Ha. While I can be successfully pointed out as "that guy" who didn't drive 24 hours RT to save a couple grand, in my defense it was for HER and she said "heck no". Now perhaps Genxeration isn't in that same "boat" and also has the time off to make the trip and deal with the vagueries of a trade etc.
I'd say get the price in writing for the deal from Aaron then email the 5 or 10 closest dealers to him and tell them to match it.

Otherwise, give securityguy a $75 finders fee so he can buy that damn shift knob...wait, he already did!

Last edited by a moderator:

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also see the posts about Criswell Dodge in Gaithersburg, MD (DC area). That’s about 7 hours from Columbia.

Users who are viewing this thread