5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anytime I have tried to buy from Kolosso they don't really like playing the negotiating game like some other dealers. When I was hunting for my truck they had one I was ready to buy but was in the beginning of the month. They would discount some but nothing more than what I could get from other dealerships. 3 weeks later they came back to me wanting to make a dealer but by that time I already had an order in for a new one. Their loss. I have bought my last 3 vehicles from Sheybogan Chrysler as I deal directly with the same manager there. I'll go to Kolosso for service but that isn't always the best either (might have to give Bergstrom a try for that again).
Kind of wish I had bought from Bergstrom for $2k more total on the deal. Their process is very straightforward and I could have got into a different truck no questions asked within 7 days. I HATED the etorque the first month, and literally two days after buying was freaking out that I made a mistake and looked aggressively into getting out of it. Kunes Country in Platteville where I bought the truck never called me back (I will never buy from them again because of zero willingness to even discuss options). I bought the deal, not the truck (will never make that mistake again).

I stopped in at Kolosso and it was all games... I only had 20 min to spare that day and told the sales guy that (not sure his name, he was a little older, bald, short, glasses). He promised it would be quick. My BS meter was going off, but I went into the showroom with him. He would not discuss trade value of a three day old truck with 400 miles unless I gave them all my info and they test drove it. Was not happy. By this time I had to leave anyway, and I walked out and never went back.

I could have traded in the brand new truck and bought from Bergstrom and only take a $2,200 loss, basically the same total deal as if I would have bought from them in the first place (there was a truck in Antigo that was almost exactly what I wanted, and no ET, they could have traded for).

Ultimately I kept the truck, largely because the wife was ssssooooo mad I was even considering getting rid of it right away. I don't hate the ET like I did, but wouldn't get it again. I will keep this through warranty and order a fairly stripped Longhorn 2023 or 2024 MY probably. I will probably only consider Van Horn in Manitowoc, Bergstrom in Kaukauna, maybe Gandrud in Green Bay (they were only 9.5% off MSRP dealer discount this past fall, though), or a dealer on here and get it shipped (and sell my truck private or Vroom). Was very surprised how non-competitive on price (5% off MSRP dealer discount or worse) S&L in Pulaski and Summit in Fond du Lac were.

The Laramie I have has been a great truck so far except for me just not liking the regenerative braking feel of the ET.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@wallyuwl Only problem with Bergstrom is they don't negotiate pricing. They have the Up Front pricing which is BS. They say that they are in agreement with other dealership (not sure who but whatever). I tried Ganrud but they wouldn't even get back to me. Van Horn in Plymouth is where my brother-in-law bought from and my father-in-law bought from Van Horn in Manitowoc. Both of them came close but Sheboygan Chrysler gave me the best deal and that is where I bought my last 2 vehicles from. Just ****ty that so many dealers want to play games even though you tell them many other dealers are in play. That doesn't matter to them because they know there are idiots out there that will pay full price.

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
I purchased this truck at the end of August 2020, I was not on this forum then just wondering what anyone’s thought is on what I paid. MSRP $59,390 I paid $47,000 with $999.00 dealer fee $48,000 plus tax tag and title. I think I got a sweet deal any thoughts. I’ve shelled out approx $11,000 more on upgrades lol.

Attachments

• 4605A883-FE9D-4EC6-AF0C-58A478829DD6.jpeg
    4605A883-FE9D-4EC6-AF0C-58A478829DD6.jpeg
    228.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 8327AB64-40EA-4EF8-9822-DF9848A769F1.jpeg
    8327AB64-40EA-4EF8-9822-DF9848A769F1.jpeg
    247.2 KB · Views: 54
  • DCB2BA49-668C-4F19-9C90-FD858146BF13.jpeg
    DCB2BA49-668C-4F19-9C90-FD858146BF13.jpeg
    294.5 KB · Views: 54

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased this truck at the end of August 2020, I was not on this forum then just wondering what anyone’s thought is on what I paid. MSRP $59,390 I paid $47,000 with $999.00 dealer fee $48,000 plus tax tag and title. I think I got a sweet deal any thoughts. I’ve shelled out approx $11,000 more on upgrades lol.

I would say a good deal. If you think it's a good deal then that is all that matters. Great looking truck with the mods.

Runagun

Reaction score
Runagun, this is a running joke between him (sg) and I. He advocates (if I'm not putting words in his mouth) looking for the best price. I'm the one who balked at a long drive and shopped more local, spending a couple K more. I'm more of a "shop local, don't always go to WallyWorld or Amazon for everything, give the local sticks n bricks a chance" but I do admit that I overpaid. Hope that clears it up a bit.
Besides, sg has to save his dollars to buy mods. You have seen his signature, right? :unsure::LOL:
Ahh my bad. Sorry to butt-in. 😂😂😂

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I've got $4,000 in rebates/incentives guaranteed/locked-in by Phillip at Bud Clary for when my truck gets delivered.

I received the Ram $1,000 email and I just signed up for the PenFed $1,000 bonus cash (gotta wait for 60 days now).

I'd like to think I'll be able to add those two onto the existing deal.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@wallyuwl Only problem with Bergstrom is they don't negotiate pricing. They have the Up Front pricing which is BS. They say that they are in agreement with other dealership (not sure who but whatever). I tried Ganrud but they wouldn't even get back to me. Van Horn in Plymouth is where my brother-in-law bought from and my father-in-law bought from Van Horn in Manitowoc. Both of them came close but Sheboygan Chrysler gave me the best deal and that is where I bought my last 2 vehicles from. Just ****ty that so many dealers want to play games even though you tell them many other dealers are in play. That doesn't matter to them because they know there are idiots out there that will pay full price.
Yeah, I don't like the up front pricing. That said, their new (and used) vehicle pricing is good. Not bottom dollar best you can find or negotiate, but you aren't getting ripped off. My issue is their no haggle on the trade value, as it seems they come in low on trade compared to some other dealers. But you'll always, or almost always, get great customer service and an easy buying process (with perks like a 7 day return policy). Gandrud (the Chevy and Nissan dealers, anyway, not sure of the CDJR one) has no haggle vehicle pricing but you can negotiate the trade. When I tried them shopping for the truck they were kind of rude on the phone and didn't call me back, I had to call them a few times until I got someone who was available right away. Not indicative of the service my parents have gotten from their Chevy and Nissan dealers in the past. I checked Sheboygan, they must negotiate quite a bit because their posted internet pricing isn't very good. Maybe I'll put them into the picture on the next truck, too. This is the first time I've looked a a CDJR vehicle new, and have to say that on the whole the customer service from these dealers was the worst of any brand I've looked at when buying. Not sure if it is just how they are or they didn't care about "one customer" who was aggressively shopping because they knew they'd sell at a higher profit eventually to some guy who just walked in or what.

Runagun

Reaction score
Well, I've got $4,000 in rebates/incentives guaranteed/locked-in by Phillip at Bud Clary for when my truck gets delivered.

I received the Ram $1,000 email and I just signed up for the PenFed $1,000 bonus cash (gotta wait for 60 days now).

I'd like to think I'll be able to add those two onto the existing deal.
I wouldn't be too optimistic on the discounts stacking. I hope it does just the small writing on the bonus cash says it won't.

Runagun

Reaction score
Congrats beautiful truck.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
The regenerative braking. I don't like how, to recharge the 48v battery, it brakes more aggressively than you push with the pedal to stop. Just feels weird, and I do a lot of city driving.
Funny...I had a 2019 RAM Limited w/o ET and drove it for about 2 years. Bought a 2021 Limited with ET and it feels no different to me at all.

TravisJ

Reaction score
This is the first time I've looked a a CDJR vehicle new, and have to say that on the whole the customer service from these dealers was the worst of any brand I've looked at when buying. Not sure if it is just how they are or they didn't care about "one customer" who was aggressively shopping because they knew they'd sell at a higher profit eventually to some guy who just walked in or what.
You are not alone on that feeling. I wasn't even really trying to haggle with dealers that much and many treated me like a bag of trash. Actually most of them I couldn't even get to the haggling stage that's how much they sucked. I inquired to one dealer about a specific truck and wanted a pricing breakdown based on my zip code. She asked a bunch of questions including, "What is your budget?". I responded to all the questions except that one because it seemed like a pretty dumb question when I was asking about a specific truck. She responded "thanks..." and never heard from her again. Did she really ghost me because I didn't tell her my budget? She really think I would be inquiring if it wasn't in my budget?

One the bright side I have an A+ service department close to me when it seems like many aren't so lucky. I suppose that matters more in the long run.

simpson

Reaction score
I had my build quoted through a couple local dealers, as well as Aaron in Louisiana. Aaron was very quick with the quote and excellent to work with. Aaron had the best price, but I was able to use that offer to negotiate the offer from my local dealer. That helped me get it to a price I was comfortable with. Since it was local - I also traded in my current Ram and didn't have to worry about fly/drive or shipping the new Ram to me. I informed Aaron that I used his quote to get a better price and he still thanked me for the opportunity. I would advise everyone to at least get a quote from Aaron!

69Safari

Reaction score
I would scroll to the bottom of the page...it is for Dodge vehicles, not Ram.
No, if you click around a bit, it will come up with 2021 RAM 1500s. I just sent an email to Aaron Ginsburgh at Mark Dodge to see if this is real.

TravisJ

Reaction score
No, if you click around a bit, it will come up with 2021 RAM 1500s. I just sent an email to Aaron Ginsburgh at Mark Dodge to see if this is real.
I tried that, but I couldn't seem to find it. ToopaCent's link made it a bit easier to find.

Users who are viewing this thread